Sign LT option unavailable??!!?? Topic

I've got a relief pitcher who I've taken to arbitration twice, and in his third year of eligibility I'd like to sign him long-term. There used to be an option available to do this on the day of arbitration signings but I don't see that link anymore. On the arbitration page, you could scroll up a tad and there was a link to negotiate long term contract. This dude has 19 patience, if I arb him a third time, he's gone after this year, and that would be really bad for me. Is it still possible to get him signed long term?
10/21/2016 8:58 AM
Posted by jimmystick on 10/21/2016 8:58:00 AM (view original):
I've got a relief pitcher who I've taken to arbitration twice, and in his third year of eligibility I'd like to sign him long-term. There used to be an option available to do this on the day of arbitration signings but I don't see that link anymore. On the arbitration page, you could scroll up a tad and there was a link to negotiate long term contract. This dude has 19 patience, if I arb him a third time, he's gone after this year, and that would be really bad for me. Is it still possible to get him signed long term?
I've never noticed it the day of. I thought you always had to extend them before the day of hearings if you wanted a LT deal.
10/21/2016 9:57 AM
I am 100% certain you could do it the day of before. Next to the players name the only option was "arbitrate" on the day of (but the day before arbitration there was a second option for long term deal). But before, on the day of arbitration, there was a couple of paragraphs on the arbitration page explaining how arbitration works and within those paragraphs was a link to negotiate long term. Those paragraphs, and the link, are now gone. And so, it would appear, is my Ace relief pitcher after this season! ??
10/21/2016 10:02 AM
You could do it day of. I wish I could see the arb screen to confirm it's not there. That said, send a ticket. NOW, because if it's a glitch, I doubt they let your "fix" your contract after the fact.
10/21/2016 11:53 AM
my world is in arb today and the link is still there for me
10/21/2016 12:27 PM
last time I did arb ( a week or so ago) the link was there for me as well.
10/21/2016 12:34 PM
There are two arbitration days. If I recall correctly, the first day is when you can sign long term. The second day is for hearings. Look at your world schedule:

Dates: Day 2 AM - Day 2 PM2 Avoid Free-Agency/Arbitration

Keep your stars. This is your last opportunity to re-sign your departing free-agents before they they hit the open market. It's also time to avoid arbitration and lock up your young players to long-term contracts before the arbitration hearings begin.

10/21/2016 1:15 PM
You can sign on hearing day.
10/21/2016 2:37 PM
This is BS. I sent a ticket. They responded that you have to sign them before the day of the hearing. I replied and told them that others have commented on my forum post (and I copied and pasted a link) saying that they could sign their players on the day of the hearing. That was 3 days ago and they haven't responded again. It doesn't look like they will. I'm really upset about this. I'm upset because I can't keep my player, and I'm doubly upset because it appears to be a flaw in the game and not of my own wrongdoing. And I'm triply upset because support is ignoring me.
10/25/2016 2:07 PM
It's still there:

About Arbitration

Every offseason, players with between 3 and 5 years of big league experience are eligible for arbitration.

Prior to the arbitration hearing, the player (with the help of his agent) comes up with a dollar figure for how much he should be paid for the upcoming season. The franchise also submits a salary figure.

It's then up to a third-party aribitrator to decide the winner. Each party argues his case using the allowed resources including past performance, comparison against other similar players, etc.

Many franchises try to lock up their better players to long-term contracts prior to arbitration for a couple reasons: they don't want to lose in arbitration and they don't want to upset the player if they happen to win in arbitration. A player loss many times indicates a guaranteed sprint to the free-agent market as soon as the player is eligible.

Of course, if you don't want to go thru arbitration with the player, you can always release him!
10/27/2016 7:21 AM
"Many franchises try to lock up their better players to long-term contracts prior to arbitration..."

I have never seen an option to sign a player long-term the day of hearings. It's always the day before arbitration.
10/27/2016 10:16 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/27/2016 10:16:00 AM (view original):
"Many franchises try to lock up their better players to long-term contracts prior to arbitration..."

I have never seen an option to sign a player long-term the day of hearings. It's always the day before arbitration.
See Mike's 7:21am post.

On arbitration day, when you click on the arb link for the player, I believe you get the verbiage that Mike cut and pasted. From there, you can link to the LT page for the player. On arb day.
10/27/2016 10:22 AM
If that's the case, why do they take away the long-term link that's on the arb players list the day before? Seems misleading.
10/27/2016 10:23 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/27/2016 10:23:00 AM (view original):
If that's the case, why do they take away the long-term link that's on the arb players list the day before? Seems misleading.
Why do cheeseburgers contain cheese, but hamburgers don't contain ham?

Talk about misleading.
10/27/2016 10:42 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/27/2016 10:42:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/27/2016 10:23:00 AM (view original):
Why do cheeseburgers contain cheese, but hamburgers don't contain ham?

Talk about misleading.
That's deep, dawg
10/27/2016 10:47 AM
12 Next ▸
Sign LT option unavailable??!!?? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.