Sign LT option unavailable??!!?? Topic

Posted by Jtpsops on 10/27/2016 10:47:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 10/27/2016 10:42:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/27/2016 10:23:00 AM (view original):
If that's the case, why do they take away the long-term link that's on the arb players list the day before? Seems misleading.
Why do cheeseburgers contain cheese, but hamburgers don't contain ham?

Talk about misleading.
That's deep, dawg
Well, it's getting close to lunchtime.
10/27/2016 10:58 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/27/2016 10:22:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/27/2016 10:16:00 AM (view original):
"Many franchises try to lock up their better players to long-term contracts prior to arbitration..."

I have never seen an option to sign a player long-term the day of hearings. It's always the day before arbitration.
See Mike's 7:21am post.

On arbitration day, when you click on the arb link for the player, I believe you get the verbiage that Mike cut and pasted. From there, you can link to the LT page for the player. On arb day.
Correct. You're in arb day too, tec. You should be able to see it.
10/27/2016 11:43 AM
I already arb'ed my players, so I can't see it anymore.
10/27/2016 11:55 AM
Good job.
10/27/2016 12:01 PM
Posted by jimmystick on 10/25/2016 2:07:00 PM (view original):
This is BS. I sent a ticket. They responded that you have to sign them before the day of the hearing. I replied and told them that others have commented on my forum post (and I copied and pasted a link) saying that they could sign their players on the day of the hearing. That was 3 days ago and they haven't responded again. It doesn't look like they will. I'm really upset about this. I'm upset because I can't keep my player, and I'm doubly upset because it appears to be a flaw in the game and not of my own wrongdoing. And I'm triply upset because support is ignoring me.
it's always been the same way...link to long-term contracts disappears on the day of arbitration, but once you click the arbitrate link, there is a new link in the text that allows you to negotiate long-term...it was there in my world on the same day that you had a problem, so i'm fairly certain it was just your wrongdoing, unless it was a glitch that just affected your world or your franchise...did you inquire within your world if anyone else had a problem?
10/27/2016 12:35 PM
nevermind on that question...looks like others in your world signed arb eligible players to extensions on the day of arbitration (10/21), so unless it was a glitch affecting only your franchise, it was your wrongdoing...live and learn...here's a link to a player in your world who was extended on the day of arbitration:

Player Profile: Ray Hamilton - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
10/27/2016 12:40 PM
Yeah, it certainly sounds like the didn't open the arb screen to see the text I copy/pasted.
10/27/2016 12:42 PM
well, he must have, because i'm assuming he went through with arb'ing him the 3rd time and didn't just go ahead and release him...although, i suppose he could have just allowed him to be automatically arb'ed by not doing anything
10/27/2016 12:55 PM
Why do people even wait that long to begin with? It's not like there's much else to do in the game the day before hearings. Extend everyone you need to then.
10/27/2016 1:00 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/27/2016 1:00:00 PM (view original):
Why do people even wait that long to begin with? It's not like there's much else to do in the game the day before hearings. Extend everyone you need to then.
you might be trying to trade them, you might want to know exactly how much your other arb eligible players will cost first, perhaps you're trying to trade for a replacement who will make them redundant and you decide to release him...there are many reasons for waiting...in fact it's a pretty good allegory for the whole game, where much of the time the best decision is to not make one until absolutely necessary because it allows you to leave your options open
10/27/2016 1:09 PM
Nothing in this game requires immediate attention unless you wait til the last minute. While this wasn't the case, I arb my guys in order of most important to least important. If I lose a couple of arbs cases, I can always release the least important guy in an attempt to find a better deal.
10/27/2016 1:11 PM
Support got back to me today.
Mike, those paragraphs you posted are exactly what I was talking about. I did not see that on my arbitration day. It is possible I was expecting it on the main screen but even so I don't know how I would have missed that when I clicked the "arbitrate" button. I have been doing arbitration this way for 30 seasons, I don't know why it didn't work this one time.

Support's response is interesting though. "We're not sure what MikeT23 is seeing, but any long-term contracts must be completed before the start of arbitration hearings."

They don't even know their own game. They are wrong. I know they're wrong, we all know they're wrong. If they had just said the link is there and you had to have missed it, I would just as baffled but at least I could take comfort knowing the programmers of the product I pay for know their own code.
10/27/2016 1:46 PM
unfortunately it is totally unsurprising that they give out false information
10/27/2016 1:51 PM
It happens more often than it should.
10/27/2016 2:00 PM
◂ Prev 12
Sign LT option unavailable??!!?? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.