Allen Recruiting Question Topic

I have a friend that used his beta test free season to reserve a team in D3 Allen World. That World is in Job Change now, and "part 2" recruiting begins at 8am Sunday (Tomorrow).

He can 1)Not post in forums under his id, and 2) Cannot see his squad yet.

Anybody know why, as he has three players to recruit and "thought" in beta as soon as the job changes opened up he could start scouting.

Thanks
10/22/2016 8:52 AM
according to allen's world schedule, recruiting2 begins @ 8am sunday..my guess is he should be able to see his team after 2am sunday morn..
Thursday 10/20 3:00 AM Job applications start
Friday 10/21 2:00 AM Job acceptances start
Saturday 10/22 11:59 AM Now
11:59 PM Job change period ends
Sunday 10/23 2:00 AM Player rescind scholarship start
8:00 AM Recruiting period 2 starts
5:00 PM Recruiting period 2 Attention Points processing starts
Tuesday 10/25 10:59 PM Player rescind scholarship end
11:00 PM Recruiting period 2 ends
10/22/2016 12:06 PM
If it is a D3 team and he is not changing jobs, he won't be able to access the team until after recruiting period 2 ends, I believe. I had the same question when I took over Johns Hopkins, thinking I was going to recruit 5 guys in the second period. But I didn't get to take over until right before the start of the season.
10/22/2016 12:40 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 10/22/2016 12:40:00 PM (view original):
If it is a D3 team and he is not changing jobs, he won't be able to access the team until after recruiting period 2 ends, I believe. I had the same question when I took over Johns Hopkins, thinking I was going to recruit 5 guys in the second period. But I didn't get to take over until right before the start of the season.
chapelhill, I bet you are correct!
10/22/2016 1:51 PM
Really? I have Purdue reserved and can't access it... And I definetly have work to do...
10/22/2016 1:57 PM
probably the difference between being a new coach in a new world & changing jobs..i moved up from D2 to D1 in rupp & recruited a player..
10/22/2016 3:45 PM (edited)
Still can't see my team Purdue, can't see the Allen world too
10/23/2016 3:14 AM
'Reserved team' in the main HD game area is not the same as looking for jobs via an unemployed world via that office.

If you use the generic 'reserve team' , you will not come until NEXT SEASON. If you use the Unemployed Jobs in the that world's Office, you would have come in at the end of the current season .. which is what you wanted to do.
10/23/2016 11:08 AM
I don't understand Hughes, what do you mean? I reserved the job long ago. Isn't it the same?
10/23/2016 11:44 AM
Posted by zorzii on 10/23/2016 11:44:00 AM (view original):
I don't understand Hughes, what do you mean? I reserved the job long ago. Isn't it the same?
No, if you use this page then you are signing up for NEXT season. That is AFTER rollover and you get to recruit starting with session one of the next season.

If you use this page during a Job Change period (in your unemployed world) then you are getting the job at the beginning of the second recruiting period of the Current season .. just like any other job change. This is what you want if you are a returning coach AND you want to recruit at the end of the current season before rollover.
10/23/2016 12:05 PM (edited)
Should'nt it be the same? To me, it's the same situation. Can you rescind in the first cycle?
10/23/2016 12:22 PM
Posted by zorzii on 10/23/2016 12:22:00 PM (view original):
Should'nt it be the same? To me, it's the same situation. Can you rescind in the first cycle?
It is not the same. By design, one is the job change period .. one is the new season period. They don't let new coaches sign up in the job change period. You have a choice which one you choose.

If you look at see a team you really want in "Reserve Team" .. then you can do that. This takes that team OUT of the Job Change period and no one else can compete for the job, but you don't get to recruit in the 2nd session. This is safer (if you get approved, you know you get the job) .. but the disadvantage is you don't get to do recruiting for the current season.

OR .. you can wait until the job change period .. compete with other people for the job and take over and get to recruit in the 2nd session and then also in the first session after roll over. This is more risky (you might win the job). But it also is better from a recruiting perspective.

Each option has it's own advantage and disadvantage. You get to choose the one you want.
10/23/2016 1:26 PM
It's dumb. It wasn't before because you could actually recruit. Now you can't do anything and it's one and a half season wasted... Which is dumb and not really wise when you care about customers.
10/23/2016 1:36 PM
So for the second recruiting season, we have to recruit without being able to see offseason development and draft results of other teams. That seems stupid. Both of these factors influence recruiting choices. From what I can tell, you cannot tell if players on other teams left early for the draft. The history has been erased from the "news" too because 5 days is too old. So we need to cut and paste and save the EE list to know this? That's stupidly unnecessary extra work. I also would like to see my offseason development to see if a player could possibly play another position and thereby change my recruiting strategy.
10/23/2016 2:14 PM
ok, you can see draft openings through the conference signings page. But still that's a bit of unnecessary digging.
10/23/2016 4:34 PM
12 Next ▸
Allen Recruiting Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.