Ability to 'queue' moves before world is full Topic

I full understand why moves can't be done before the world generates a schedule and starts. I think we should be allowed to at least 'queue' up the moves we want to make, but can't submit them on the pending screen until budgets are set (or whatever step it is when they unlock). With some worlds rolling over slowly, it would be nice to be able to get the promotions and demotions ready to go with all the free time, instead of just planning them out.
10/22/2016 11:45 AM
Yep.
10/24/2016 6:33 PM
All good until some jerk off joins a world, demotes all the BL players, promotes the 25 worst and then removes his reservation. Which would happen within 10 minutes of this option being available.
10/24/2016 6:53 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/24/2016 6:53:00 PM (view original):
All good until some jerk off joins a world, demotes all the BL players, promotes the 25 worst and then removes his reservation. Which would happen within 10 minutes of this option being available.
Please read the original again:

"... but can't submit them on the pending screen until budgets are set (or whatever step it is when they unlock). "
10/24/2016 7:48 PM
So how does that help?
10/24/2016 10:28 PM
One of the many customer hostile details of HBD is that nothing can be done until a world fills, and then we have just 24 hours to set budgets.

Would be much more customer friendly to allow budgets to be set any time and other transactions to be queued up to execute as soon as the game allows.

10/25/2016 12:48 PM
How does that help? The setting up part.

I take a new team. I have a pitcher in LoA who has been there for two seasons. I know I'm promoting him. I have no LoA/HiA/AA coach.

On the other hand, you set up all your moves, get ready to hit the button and get the ol' "You do not have enough active players on your HiA roster." You clear that up and get "Sorry, not enough on LoA roster." You fix that and get "OK, genius, maybe some guy on your AA squad would help."
10/25/2016 1:30 PM
I'd get behind setting budget and making moves will awaiting approval. But, once you do either, you're stuck. No pulling out because it's been 6 weeks. You made a move. You are there for the season.
10/25/2016 1:46 PM
That's when you realize you messed up and ultimately people will leave that team and when someone new joins realized they got all messed up and also leave. Therefore, never filling.

Plus they don't really want to give an unfair advantage to have people complain on. If I am there season 1 and we roll to 2 and I stay I have all that time to get stuff done whereas a person who is the last person to fill the world gets no time to do any of those moves. Good idea, but don't think it would work
10/27/2016 10:59 AM
Any move in a queue could be changed or deleted before the deadline it must be completed by.

Set budget any time. Change up until the time budgets must be set.

Make arbitration offers any time. Change or delete any time before the deadline.

Release players any time, so there's no risk you miss arb day and they get an offer.

Etc.

If you sign up for a world, you did that because you want to start playing. So I don't see anyone complaining because someone else got these moves done when it worked into their lives instead of the ridiculously narrow HBD schedule

10/27/2016 2:32 PM
Yes but some people join because they found a team, wait around, make changes, the world doesnt fill, the person becomes impatient and leaves. Happens all the time. Even long time owners leave with the way this is now.
10/27/2016 5:25 PM
Here's the problem I see with it, someone tell me if I'm wrong.

As it stands once the season's World Series is over, the entire world is frozen. And the world doesn't go live again till all owners are locked in place for the new season and it is scheduled. All this is obviously done for the purpose of dropping leaving owners and picking up incoming ones.

To put a queue system in place as proposed would mean adding a layer of programming where one doesn't currently exist, and integrating it into the current system. Not all owners would use it. And you would also have new owners coming in, maybe diddling with it, then when they leave before the season actually starts because they're tired of waiting for it, it would have to get blown out for the next owner.

Too much work, not enough demonstrated need for it, no real return.
10/27/2016 7:21 PM
Not really wrong. It's a lot of work for what, I would expect, little benefit. In addition, it could create a whole new set of problems.

Or, as stated, several failsafes could be put in place to prevent most of the new problems. Which is also more work in programming.
10/27/2016 7:55 PM
Besides which, I'm an old bastard. I've got this funny habit. When I want to remember stuff, I write it out on paper.

10/27/2016 8:30 PM
Well, it doesn't affect me. My worlds roll within 24 hours. I just see how it could create issues. But, if an owner is locked into the world as soon as he makes a single move, I'd be OK with it.

But that creates issues too. Dude makes moves, world doesn't fill for 3 months, dude dies or loses interest and you have an unmanned team.
10/27/2016 10:33 PM
12 Next ▸
Ability to 'queue' moves before world is full Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.