PROBLEM: ALLEN reserved teams not showing up Topic

can't access allen nor purdue. Recruiting start at 8
10/23/2016 7:34 AM
New coaches to a world don't get to recruit in the 2nd session.

I think its working as intended.
10/23/2016 7:57 AM
Really? Why? It means it's a lost season...
10/23/2016 8:32 AM
Yup that was brought up many times. No idea the reason why it wasn't addressed.
10/23/2016 8:40 AM
It needs to be fixed right now. They will lose business. The first season should be free then since I don't actually play any part on the team success. It is a rebuild, now it is a rebuild that just will take forever. No way I am paying for this.
10/23/2016 8:49 AM
It's geared for new coaches. Expecting someone coming in to have to recruit right away as the first thing they do in a world is not intuitive, and led to a lot of frustration. Now new coaches get to play some games and learn a little about what makes a good player before they start looking for players.

I understand and why veteran coaches don't like it, but the adjustment is pretty simple. Instead of looking for a team with a bunch of scholarships this season, look for teams that are loaded with seniors, so you have a big class next year. Or go straight to D2 after a season. This is pure speculation, but if it was my game, I would want to encourage people to move up to D1, and leave D3 as an introductory level, and D2 as an intermediary, or a career-rebuilder when you get fired from D1. Coaches parking in D3 is probably not an ideal situation, from a global perspective.
10/23/2016 10:05 AM
Shoe : exactly. But in my case I played in Allen D1: had NT success at Miss V. St. and Utah... That is why I qualified for Purdue. Let me recruit... I don't want to waste a season.
10/23/2016 10:22 AM
It doesn't need to be fixed. That is still part of the old season, new coaches don't take over until the new season. That is by design. Otherwise you are flattening the sessions.

You entered on the NEW COACH section. NEW COACHES could be first time coaches .. they come in at the beginning of a NEW SEASON .. not the tail end of the old season.

This makes perfect sense, and doing otherwise makes no sense whatsoever (IMHO).
10/23/2016 11:01 AM
Posted by zorzii on 10/23/2016 10:22:00 AM (view original):
Shoe : exactly. But in my case I played in Allen D1: had NT success at Miss V. St. and Utah... That is why I qualified for Purdue. Let me recruit... I don't want to waste a season.
Then you SHOULD have picked the team during JOB SELECTION .. not the reserve team, new job interface.
10/23/2016 11:02 AM
It's the same. I reserved it like I did before and I always were able to recruit before.
10/23/2016 11:46 AM
Posted by zorzii on 10/23/2016 11:46:00 AM (view original):
It's the same. I reserved it like I did before and I always were able to recruit before.
There were never 2 sessions before. You always recruited at the beginning of the new season right after roll over, which you will still do.
10/23/2016 11:52 AM
But recruiting won't impact the current season while it did before. So it's one more year for a rebuild which is a huge problem and something that dissuades players to remain in the game
10/23/2016 12:25 PM
Why would somebody pay to lose all season with sims players and have no impact whatsoever in the first season. Getting in at the second session is already worse than it was before, not getting in at all is like buying a product but receiving it in one year while you needed it right away. It needs to be fixes. I will ask for my season to be refunded.
10/23/2016 12:48 PM
Posted by zorzii on 10/23/2016 12:25:00 PM (view original):
But recruiting won't impact the current season while it did before. So it's one more year for a rebuild which is a huge problem and something that dissuades players to remain in the game
Then sign up in the correct place. It is YOUR CHOICE where you sign up.
10/23/2016 1:20 PM
i agree it sucks for veteran coaches in many situations, but I think shoe3 is probably right--WIS is doing this by design to help recruit/retain new coaches.

in some ways this issue is similar to the EE issue. if WIS can make the second recruiting session more playable for coaches with lots of vacancies, it will not be a big deal.
10/23/2016 1:22 PM
12 Next ▸
PROBLEM: ALLEN reserved teams not showing up Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.