In my opinion, The top 100 should not be automatically visible to D2 or D3. My reasoning is that at D2 I'm looking for some D1 talent that I could actually sign and when I send my assistant out to scout there isn't a way to exclude the top 100 so my scoring money is getting wasted. I suppose this is even more true for any D3 coaches attempting to locate low end 'projected' D1 players that aren't actual D1 caliber so they aren't getting sighed but would make a nice D3 player. Either way, valuable scouting dollars are getting wasted when using the assistant search so either

1) Make the top 100 need discovered for D2 or D3 (not auto visible)
or
2) have a way in the assistant search to exclude the top 100 when scouting D1

Any thoughts? Am I simply overlooking any easier solution already available?
10/23/2016 3:13 PM
+100
10/23/2016 3:15 PM
I need to read through or something before posting from mobile - *scouting money and *getting signed lol
10/23/2016 3:26 PM
Posted by snewell12 on 10/23/2016 3:13:00 PM (view original):
In my opinion, The top 100 should not be automatically visible to D2 or D3. My reasoning is that at D2 I'm looking for some D1 talent that I could actually sign and when I send my assistant out to scout there isn't a way to exclude the top 100 so my scoring money is getting wasted. I suppose this is even more true for any D3 coaches attempting to locate low end 'projected' D1 players that aren't actual D1 caliber so they aren't getting sighed but would make a nice D3 player. Either way, valuable scouting dollars are getting wasted when using the assistant search so either

1) Make the top 100 need discovered for D2 or D3 (not auto visible)
or
2) have a way in the assistant search to exclude the top 100 when scouting D1

Any thoughts? Am I simply overlooking any easier solution already available?
+1 make em unrecruitable.
10/23/2016 3:31 PM
Good point - there is option 3 that might be the best solution.
10/23/2016 3:47 PM
I'm in the minority, but I don't see the issue with a D-3 team getting a D-1 type player. However, they should never be able to out-recruit any D-1 team under any circumstances. 99.9% of the time, those D-1 recruits that are left over aren't very good anyway.
10/23/2016 4:38 PM
I know kids who have decided to go D-3 rather than D-1 in real life. That doesnt decide anything, but in real life it is possible....although rare
10/23/2016 4:40 PM
I don't really think this is a "should D2 or D3 team be able to recruit a D1 player" type debate.

like snewell says, you're not going to get one of these top 100 guys. It just clogs up your search list with guys that are unattainable. I'd like to send out my asst coach to scout attainable D1 guys but they will instead scout 5 star guys which is just a waste. So I don't see how it's any benefit to a D3 team to have these guys already discovered, it doesn't do anything but hurt you.
10/23/2016 4:41 PM
Yes, I'm only talking about the top 100 overall recruits. I'm ok with D3 finding D1 projected recruits that haven't been signed. Simply don't like wasting scouting dollars at either level.
10/23/2016 5:01 PM
The way I have negated that thus far is by limiting the distance (300 miles for example) my assistant coach will go. So I may catch 1 or 2, but overall I have not had those guys show up. It's not perfect, but it does help for sure.
10/23/2016 5:05 PM
The issue here, which is easily fixed and dumb is that by allowing every D3 school to see the top 100, when you do your scouting with your assistant to scout people you've already discovered, sometimes they go scout the #1 player in the country instead of someone a D3 school could sign, wasting you $60 of scouting money.

(And cluttering up your Recruiting Pool)
10/23/2016 5:52 PM
I can see an easy fix is to put a top 100 check box on the Div-1 line with a check or blank. If you check it, you want to scout the top 100 as well .. if not, you don't.

Someone submit a ticket.
10/23/2016 6:41 PM
" 2) have a way in the assistant search to exclude the top 100 when scouting D1 "

Yes.
10/23/2016 7:07 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.