I feel like I've plateaued at Duquesne somehow and should be doing better. I've got a decently talented team I think. Any advice moving forward? Anything I need to change up?

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=12845
10/23/2016 5:41 PM

here is some quick advice you're going crazy with the 3's for people who should not be touching 3's Jerrigan and Vivanco I assume are +2 and thats great idea let them bomb three's. Camara should be either 0 or -1 since he has low distro and is a freshmen depending on his shooting% if he shot well put him 0 but he didn't so you should've knocked him down to -1 or even -2 Dunningan even with 69 per is a waste having him at anything more than -1 and I'd probably put him at -2 same with Crowell waste of that LP the per still will help even at -2 since per includes midgame so -2 doesn't negate per. You are a very young team running fastbreak(albiet fastbreak/man is not an ideal combo imo) Your scheduling is bluntly terrible. As a non major you want to basically inflate your rpi to better your chances of getting into the NT. Schedule all away games against sim's who have a large sophomore or junior class. You seem to be a great recruiting so you could probably schedule a bunch of other good non major coaches, in years with lots of underclassmen I'd go 10 away sims with heavy sophomore class and years with lots of upperclass you think you will be good schedule anywhere from 4-10 humans who will hit 18 wins and you think you can beat don't schedule anyone you don't feel at least 50-50 the worst thing a non major can do is end up with 4/5+ losses because the SOS will disappear during conference play and you get punished for the losses. Do not schedule Big 6 anyone you can beat hurts your rpi and anyone that helps your rpi is going to most likely be a loss. Gameplanning wise don't run - defenses against sims. They set everyone to 0 and even if they have no per shooters they will still hit 3's just like fordham did. Generally I go anywhere from 0 to +2 and I;d say 90% fo the time I play +1 against sims. Why are you putting Warner at C with 59 reb? Positions affect rebounding a 95 rebound player is maximized at C and is less and less productive on the boards as you move them to the 4 and 5 spot. Should've been running Croyle at C and Dunnigan at the 4. One lastly thing is if Duquesne is a long term team which it looks like I'd really suggest switching away from fastbreak/man to either fastbreak/press or to some other offense/man. I think fastbreak/man is one of the weirder combo's that is hard to recruit and play with. It can be done but its just not ideal.

10/23/2016 9:08 PM
This is from theOnlyis.
10/23/2016 9:10 PM
Pretty embarrassing that I've played this long and this much and am still so far off base. May have to quit
10/23/2016 9:49 PM
don't give up!

your team is good enough to make the postseason this year on paper, but scheduling never gave you a chance, as i wrote in our conf chat. I agree mostly with the0nly on scheduling but I think it's fine to schedule a handful of major conf teams you think you have a shot at beating just because our conference is so bad, and you don't have any opportunities for good wins there. with this conf, you should be winning at least 14 games in conf, and if you manage your non-conf well you'll get at least 20 wins and a postseason berth with that.

the0nly's run-on sentence of gameplanning advice sounds good to me. for example I don't usually let players shoot any 3s in D1 if they are under 70 per or so. i play 0 def against almost all sims. this alone probably would have saved you a couple conf losses.

recruiting wise, your team is pretty good...a little short on RB and team passing. I think your approach to HD3 recruiting is solid. BUT i think the0nly is right about fastbreak (haven't seen it work often at D1), and I think HD3 is making to recruit teams that go 11 or 12 deep, so I wouldn't go fastbreak/press now. if you're contemplating a change, I would not do that, personally.
10/24/2016 11:08 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.