How much does def IQ matter? Topic

I took over MSU in Knight and with 7 players didn't have the depth to run the press. I switched to M2M and figured we would really struggle, but figured it was my best option. Color me shocked that we are 25-3 and playing for the Big Ten Championship. Here is the team https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=12932.

Why hasn't my team struggled more when my best IQ on defense is a B and the majority of guys are B- meaning they were D, C or C+ most of the season?
10/24/2016 11:03 AM
Wow, looks like just overwhelmingly great talent overcame low IQ's. Most of your players are in the 90's in Ath and Def. Great job!
10/24/2016 11:41 AM
I don't know the real exact number, but I use (8% x Def IQ) in my overall grade for all positions.

I also rate defense as 1 of 4 separate things I also rate recruits for: Rebounding, Ball Handling, Offense, and Defense.

You can specifically look at my Team Planning spreadsheet that I posted elsewhere in the forums .. here it the LINK .
10/24/2016 11:52 AM
How much does def IQ matter? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.