Quick question Possibly a long answer Topic

I have a question! What do YAC tell you about your GP it my WR/TE/RB has 85 YAC what does it tell me about My GP. Am I throwing short too much, giving then the opportunity to brake tackles. Am I throwing Medium too much and the coverage is long, should I throw long because I'm throwing short and they are playing medium or short coverage allowing for the breaking of tackles.

Another separate question if i'm racking up the Pass deflections or passes defended i'm I in the right coverage ? If I have no break-ups do I have to readjust.
10/24/2016 3:43 PM
The first part of your question I have no answer for.
The second part I can give couple of examples. I had NC winners that have dominated in turnovers. And I've had NC winners that had mediocre turnovers and high but not near highest deflections. So Im not sure if they aren't more than window dressing.
I love to see dominance in these stats but can overlook all as long as my team is beating the other top teams.
PS: I play only in d2. It might be different at other levels ?
10/24/2016 5:35 PM
kas,

1st part: YAC is just a calculation and you cannot get anything directly from it. You have to look at the details of the PBP to find out what you are trying to get at.

2nd part: Again, I think you would get more info from the details of the PBP vs simply looking at passed defended, or picks. Those numbers, standing alone, are just numbers.
10/24/2016 6:57 PM
You have to look at each given play to discern it's context.
Your QB may have been intially looking to go long or medium and had to check down to the short receiver to avoid a sack or that was all that was open was the underneath.
YAC does not always mean they broke a tackle, it could have been the route ran and the opposing coverage allowed your receiver to matriculate the ball down the field.

Almost the same answer to your second question. It could be that your defense is playing off and keeping the play in front of them so even though the player catches the ball on your DB or LB, they may stop him for a short gain or tackle him before the line to gain a first down.

A pass defended means that you had a good play call in place and your defender won the eventual battle for the ball. The defense is not going to win every play just like the offense is not. Because GD is zone coverage you have to analyze each situation in a given play. Maybe the QB was blitzed and threw the ball in a hurry to a well covered WR, maybe you didn't blitz and the secondary just held up strong and forced the QB to make some type of throw.

The devil is in the details.
10/26/2016 5:38 PM
Quick question Possibly a long answer Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.