Does this happen often? Topic

So I won my 2nd user exhibition by 1 point. Upon reading the play by play I noticed 2 things.

- At the end of the first half I hit a full court shot.

- At the end of the game, to win the game. I hit a half court shot.

I don't think I've ever watched a basketball game where both a full court shot and a half court shot have been hit, led alone a half courter to win the game.

I guess I'm just wondering if this happens a lot, or if this is a rare occasion?
10/24/2016 9:33 PM
Posted by Zgerd on 10/24/2016 9:33:00 PM (view original):
So I won my 2nd user exhibition by 1 point. Upon reading the play by play I noticed 2 things.

I don't think I've ever watched a basketball game where both a full court shot and a half court shot have been hit, led alone a half courter to win the game.

I guess I'm just wondering if this happens a lot, or if this is a rare occasion?
Rare occasion and this is meanigless really. Its only 3 points and the only thing that mattters is the score tally and the final tally as CoachSpud has pointed out in the new play by play thread. Everything is random and is coin flip by ratings and equations.
10/24/2016 9:37 PM
I have been playing for over a year with multiple teams and I think I saw one half-court shot.
10/24/2016 9:55 PM
Oh, boy ... let's be clear. (1) The post Ward refers to was a satirical comment on one of his foreign language posts. (2) The game isn't random. (3) Half-court or longer shots are incredibly low probability events.
10/25/2016 12:21 AM
My conference mate a couple years ago lost to a sim when they hit a halfcourt shot down 2. That is the only half court shot I have seen in maybe 300 p by ps I looked a but one.

I hit 2 half court shots in one exhibition game (and won by 25-it was a great game to break out) by the same guy, with a 92 PE rating.
10/25/2016 7:28 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 10/24/2016 9:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Zgerd on 10/24/2016 9:33:00 PM (view original):

Rare occasion and this is meanigless really. Its only 3 points and the only thing that mattters is the score tally and the final tally as CoachSpud has pointed out in the new play by play thread. Everything is random and is coin flip by ratings and equations.
Ignore this guy. #1 rule of Hoops Dynasty.
10/25/2016 7:28 PM
Does this happen often? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.