Scouting and recruiting dollars Topic

I seem to find I have way too much in scouting funds (always a lot left over) and insufficient recruiting funds. I generally only look for top 100 recruits (all of my teams are Div 1 "Big 6") and maybe add some locals to fill spots. I've tried a couple of camps and assistant searches but never seem to uncover a player I'd want to recruit if they haven't already appeared on my top 100 or locals lists.

Am I approaching the new type of scouting wrong?
10/25/2016 2:24 PM
I would say yes and no. I have done the scout only top 100 it's fairly to do and not that costly so u should have enough to at least do your camp and FSS a few nearby states and then assistant scout those that are found only to maximize your level 3 and 4 results ...is basically what I do maybe another camp and I do international as well but is costly to recruit ..most top 100 players will be maxed visits so you cannot fill all your spots with top 100 guys or I don't think at least ...so you definatlty need to find those hidden gems with alot of green aND blue potential .. it can be hit or miss depending on your region just as the old 2.0 ..
10/25/2016 2:55 PM
Posted by steveatdsm on 10/25/2016 2:24:00 PM (view original):
I seem to find I have way too much in scouting funds (always a lot left over) and insufficient recruiting funds. I generally only look for top 100 recruits (all of my teams are Div 1 "Big 6") and maybe add some locals to fill spots. I've tried a couple of camps and assistant searches but never seem to uncover a player I'd want to recruit if they haven't already appeared on my top 100 or locals lists.

I don't think you can say "wrong." You are facing the same learning curve as we faced in the beta. We are all learning to use the seemingly surplus scouting funds available to us, and to manage to recruit with the verrry restricted funds available at D2/D3. Hang in there, we're all in the same boat and it'll come.
10/25/2016 4:43 PM
Its there if you need it. Just because you don't need it one year doesn't mean you won't need it next. If you lose all your battles, it's nice to be able to go back and look extra hard at a few jucos, for example, who won't tie up your roster for 4 years, but still give you warm bodies. Happened to me in beta more than once (I had an atrocious run of luck with battles in beta until this final season, go figure).
10/25/2016 5:07 PM
Posted by steveatdsm on 10/25/2016 2:24:00 PM (view original):

No, also if you get the random coin flip in equation then your in luck! I have found I have too much scouting funds, and I have found if you try to find recruits as cheap as possible then that's the best way to recruit. I signed a guy with just 20 attention points and a schollie.

Most of my guys I recruit are small major division 1 players. I also recruit juco's (division 1) as well to help with Class structure. I almost got the 3/3/3/3 structure just one more recruting session and one more cut.
10/25/2016 5:18 PM
If you scout some internationals, that will eat up a lot of your scouting funds. Or if you find a top player on the other side of the country that matches your preferences, scouting him will use a lot of your money too. I generally try to scout every player within 200 - 330+ miles all the way to level 4 so I have complete information, and that takes a good bit of money depending on where the team is.
10/25/2016 7:52 PM
Scouting and recruiting dollars Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.