Allen #2 Overall recruit:
Coach Division Prestige Int Level Scholarship Offer?
Duke acn24 DI A+ Very High Yes
IPFW Sim AI DI B Very High Yes
Minnesota danos DI A- Very High Yes
Texas A&M fflblake DI A+ High Yes

Signed with IPFW.
10/25/2016 3:53 PM
Makes total sense that the #2 recruit in the country who "Wants Success" and play for a "Strong Conference" would select the mediocre mid-major who lost in the 1st round of the PIT over 3 x Big 6 programs.

/sarcasm off
10/25/2016 4:09 PM (edited)
What was their effort? If they go all in, pretty sure they knock IPFW to mediocre.
10/25/2016 4:10 PM
Well obviously if they went all-in they should of beaten of IPFW unless of some extreme preference match up, but having an elite top 100 recruit who wants those preferences should be really wanting SUCCESS and a STRONG conference and not settling for a team with those qualifications even if the previous coach goes all in and dumps all his resources into him.

For the top 100 recruits, that combination of preferences should have a very strong influence (more so than for D2/D3 recruits) IMO.
10/25/2016 4:16 PM
I have no idea what type of effort Duke, TAMU and Minnesota put in, but he signed with IPFW in the late recruting period, after EE money, so it's just a head scratcher.
10/25/2016 4:29 PM
Really tough to say if this makes sense without knowing how much effort everyone put in.

But this is a bit misleading since the IPFW was a human coach in the 1st period so it's not like a SIM outrecruited the other teams.

Also, the recruit preferred Flex offense which helped IPFW vs Duke and Minn. He also wanted to play so IPFW probably promised minutes. No idea if other teams did though but that could have been an advantage.

The team and conf success def went towards Duke and Minn and that should have helped them out a ton. But Duke is pretty far away so it's possible he didn't max out effort.

One thing that's puzzling is that IPFW only had 1 opening. So he must have put 40 APs towards him every cycle and maxed out effort. 40 APs doesn't seem like a ton but I guess they added up and made the difference.
10/25/2016 6:11 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I'd want to know details before making any assumptions. If Minnesota didn't go all in, or didn't go all in until late (assuming IPFW was all in as soon as possible, including start/minutes) then it makes sense, because although the player didn't have a distance preference, it would have been difficult for Duke or TA&M to match home visits. The only real head-scratcher for me on face is that I thought a team lost effort when the coach leaves - or is that only when a new human takes over?
10/25/2016 6:57 PM
IPFW could have also guaranteed a start, which is very powerful.
10/25/2016 7:49 PM
....because every recruit would rather play 4 years in bumfck Indiana than 3 years at one of the most prestigious schools in the country...

At least admit its a fcked up system....
10/25/2016 8:11 PM
IPFW is a sim, so who the heck knows what they did.

But when in the world does the #2 guy in the country pick a tiny school that no one has heard of over a 3 Big 6 programs? Oh and the recruit was from Iowa, so not even the same state as IPFW.
10/25/2016 8:46 PM
Posted by reinsel on 10/25/2016 8:46:00 PM (view original):

But when in the world does the #2 guy in the country pick a tiny school that no one has heard of over a 3 Big 6 programs? Oh and the recruit was from Iowa, so not even the same state as IPFW.
It was a human in 1st session
10/25/2016 8:52 PM
Posted by reinsel on 10/25/2016 8:46:00 PM (view original):

IPFW is in Iowa

Iowa Professional Farmers West
10/25/2016 9:14 PM
Indiana Purdue Fort Wayne

Fort Wayne is def not bumfck 2nd largest in Indiana btw .....
10/25/2016 9:49 PM
Yeah IPFW is in Fort Wayne Indiana and is a fine school, but it's no Duke and Texas A&M had just won the NT in Allen.

I think it just shows how a tiny school, receiving extra APs vs. Big6 schools who have EEs, can win a battle they have no business winning.
10/25/2016 10:36 PM
123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.