"0" Ground ball/Fly Ball Topic

Anyone ever have anybody with a '0" ground ball/fly ball ratio. He was a diamond in the rough. Other numbers could make him serviceable. The lowest I could find in my league in the majors was around 30.

Damion Standridge (R)

10/25/2016 4:03 PM
I would use that guy on my team. He should have control, both splits, and possibly two pitches in the upper 70s and maybe low 80s by the time he's 23. I have a pitcher with 15 g/b and he's very good. I remember after signing him I tried to include him in a few trades to get a SP and everybody told me they'd never take a guy with such a low g/b

https://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=5810596

10/25/2016 4:30 PM
He'll be disappointing. His WHIP will never correlate to his ERA. I used one, I think a 6, and while his WHIP was below league average, his ERA was terrible. The reason was simple. He'd walk a guy, maybe give up a hit, and it felt like a homer always followed.
10/25/2016 4:38 PM
I feel like the sim changed in the last year without them telling us.

https://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=5662605

This guy was a stud for years where he could stay healthy. Picking him 25th I felt like the smartest owner in the league (Helps I play in SD) but in the last 2 seasons he has been beyond horrible. I have no idea what happened. His ratings haven't changed.
10/26/2016 8:16 AM
Standridge is only 20 and has potential to grow, but if we were imaging he was a 27 year old finished product, he would suck not because his gb/fb is 0 but because everything else is subpar. But as long as control gets to at least 75+, his splits will probably both be around 75-80 and P1-P2 should both be around 80, so he'll be fine.

GB/FB corresponds to ERA because double-plays are valuable in hitters parks. The fewer plate appearances with runners on base, the better. If your team plays in a pitchers park then gbfb matters much less
11/1/2016 4:51 PM
"0" Ground ball/Fly Ball Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.