Heyward Topic

...is off the WS roster for the Cubs. Remember when dahs and all the saber nerds were telling us what a fantastic signing that was? How's that awesome RF defense working out for them?
10/25/2016 4:54 PM
Not really...I called it ****** from the beginning. One of the few blemishes on Theo's record. That signing should really give people pause about ignoring stats and giving a player huge dollars based solely on advanced metrics.
10/25/2016 5:04 PM
His first couple of seasons with Atlanta he was a decent hitter. Not sure what happened.
10/25/2016 5:13 PM
They are not putting him on their WORLD SERIES roster.

Of course, this sounds like the argument made to replace Jeter while the Yanks were winning WS. When teams are WS participants, making fun of their signings is sort of pointless. You know, because they're 1 of 2 teams that might be able to call themselves world champs in a 10-12 days.
10/25/2016 5:14 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/25/2016 5:14:00 PM (view original):
They are not putting him on their WORLD SERIES roster.

Of course, this sounds like the argument made to replace Jeter while the Yanks were winning WS. When teams are WS participants, making fun of their signings is sort of pointless. You know, because they're 1 of 2 teams that might be able to call themselves world champs in a 10-12 days.
You're arguing for the sake of arguing again. Where did I insult the Cubs or say they have an incompetent front office? I didn't use Heyward as evidence of their inability to field a quality team. I simply made fun of the people who said it was a great signing "cuz metrics!"
10/25/2016 5:23 PM (edited)
Heyward is on the World Series roster. Not starting Game 1, but he's on the roster.
10/25/2016 5:50 PM
Theo has a ton of blemishes. They just go under the rug because of the things that go right for him.
10/25/2016 7:44 PM
I do know this...I am already sick of hearing about Kyle Schwarber.
10/25/2016 8:11 PM
What kind of stupid **** is this? Heyward is on the roster.
10/25/2016 9:02 PM
Ya, the article I read was corrected - good old internet journalism.

I stand by the point of my post though. The Heyward contract was moronic. I'd like to hear dahs defend it now.
10/25/2016 9:05 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/25/2016 9:05:00 PM (view original):
Ya, the article I read was corrected - good old internet journalism.

I stand by the point of my post though. The Heyward contract was moronic. I'd like to hear dahs defend it now.
PSBL jumped all over your sh1t.
10/25/2016 9:25 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!! jtpops says something stupid, blames someone else and stands by his point.

What year in the time machine did he set it for this time?

10/25/2016 9:49 PM
I didn't say anything stupid. Part of the post turned out to factually wrong, but that didn't impact my point in any way. It was and remains a horrible contract, only ever met with applause from the advanced metrics crowd because Heyward is "the greatest defensive RF of all time!!"

If I recall correctly, dahs mocked me for daring to compare Heyward to Alex Gordon. Seems like a pretty fair comparison. Might even be an insult to Gordon now.
10/25/2016 10:23 PM
lol I've been saying that since forever. Way to spend $180 mil on RF defense lol. Not even an important position, right ******* field. And he was a decent hitter his first year with Atlanta, and not since. Teams figured him out very quickly
10/25/2016 11:11 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/25/2016 10:24:00 PM (view original):
I didn't say anything stupid. Part of the post turned out to factually wrong, but that didn't impact my point in any way. It was and remains a horrible contract, only ever met with applause from the advanced metrics crowd because Heyward is "the greatest defensive RF of all time!!"

If I recall correctly, dahs mocked me for daring to compare Heyward to Alex Gordon. Seems like a pretty fair comparison. Might even be an insult to Gordon now.
Well, you're doubling down on stupid at this point.

"Not on the WS roster" is factually wrong and stupid. Again, you're talking about a team that is in the WS. They may have done that IN SPITE of Heyward but they're in the WS. Seems like a silly time to point out their failures.
10/26/2016 10:49 AM
1|2|3...10 Next ▸
Heyward Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.