Heyward Topic

Do you think, if the Cubs make a couple of WS with Heyward in RF that they'll think it's a huge failure? Do you think the Cubs fans are sitting around thinking "Imagine how good we'd be if that 21m went elsewhere"?

Nope. And that's totally irrelevant to my argument. I doubt fans care about the money right now - but they'll still tell you it was a dumb signing. Which is, you know, what my argument was. But don't let that stop you.

As I said, this is akin to thinking the Yanks should have replaced Jeter at SS while they were winning 100 and playing in the WS year after year. "Imagine how good the Yanks would have been with a better defensive SS!!!" Yeah, they might have won 102 and played in the WS year after year.

Actually, your argument is more "The Yankees won 100 games, therefore Jeter is a great defensive SS!!" Flawed logic and misdirection at its best.

BTW, who created a thread to SPECIFICALLY argue? To rehash a 9 month old argument?

When two people argue over the quality of a contract, it makes logical sense to revisit it in the future. But again, don't let true logic dissuade you. You're on a role with your stupidity.

10/26/2016 7:17 PM
Anybody else want to kick Baez in the face?
10/26/2016 7:47 PM
Posted by edsortails on 10/25/2016 8:11:00 PM (view original):
I do know this...I am already sick of hearing about Kyle Schwarber.
Three more games of this non stop tongue bath...christ, he got hurt and he healed big friggin whoop
10/26/2016 9:42 PM
I'll bet you felt the same way about the bloody sock and the incessant asskissery that went with it.
10/26/2016 9:47 PM
Joe Buck is a tool.
10/26/2016 9:56 PM
Posted by edsortails on 10/26/2016 7:47:00 PM (view original):
Did you spell "jtpops" wrong?
10/26/2016 10:52 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/26/2016 1:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/25/2016 4:54:00 PM (view original):
...is off the WS roster for the Cubs. Remember when dahs and all the saber nerds were telling us what a fantastic signing that was? How's that awesome RF defense working out for them?
OK, dipshit, I shall answer your questions.

I do remember dahs and the ADVANCED METRICS!!!! nerds telling us how great the signing was.

Cubs are in the World Series. How do you think it worked out for them?
This.

That awesome defense in RF is working out great for them. They're three outs away from a 1-1 tie in the WS. But they're cheating. Heyward is playing and, if one is to believe you, he's not even on the roster.
10/26/2016 10:54 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/26/2016 10:54:00 PM (view original):
...is off the WS roster for the Cubs. Remember when dahs and all the saber nerds were telling us what a fantastic signing that was? How's that awesome RF defense working out for them?

I do remember dahs and the ADVANCED METRICS!!!! nerds telling us how great the signing was.

This.

That awesome defense in RF is working out great for them. They're three outs away from a 1-1 tie in the WS. But they're cheating. Heyward is playing and, if one is to believe you, he's not even on the roster.
Again, equivalent to a "Yankees won the WS, therefore Jeter is a great defensive SS."

Is the flawed logic an intentional diversion tactic, or are you just an idiot?
10/27/2016 9:17 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/26/2016 11:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/26/2016 7:18:00 PM (view original):
Do you think, if the Cubs make a couple of WS with Heyward in RF that they'll think it's a huge failure? Do you think the Cubs fans are sitting around thinking "Imagine how good we'd be if that 21m went elsewhere"?

Nope. And that's totally irrelevant to my argument. I doubt fans care about the money right now - but they'll still tell you it was a dumb signing. Which is, you know, what my argument was. But don't let that stop you.

As I said, this is akin to thinking the Yanks should have replaced Jeter at SS while they were winning 100 and playing in the WS year after year. "Imagine how good the Yanks would have been with a better defensive SS!!!" Yeah, they might have won 102 and played in the WS year after year.

Actually, your argument is more "The Yankees won 100 games, therefore Jeter is a great defensive SS!!" Flawed logic and misdirection at its best.

BTW, who created a thread to SPECIFICALLY argue? To rehash a 9 month old argument?

When two people argue over the quality of a contract, it makes logical sense to revisit it in the future. But again, don't let true logic dissuade you. You're on a role with your stupidity.

BTW, it's "roll" not "role". Dumbass.
Uh oh...all Mikey's got left is attacking typos. I'll take that as a concession. Thanks.
10/27/2016 9:17 AM
Posted by edsortails on 10/26/2016 9:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by edsortails on 10/25/2016 8:11:00 PM (view original):
I do know this...I am already sick of hearing about Kyle Schwarber.
Three more games of this non stop tongue bath...christ, he got hurt and he healed big friggin whoop
To be fair, coming back from two torn knee ligaments in 6 months is impressive.
10/27/2016 9:18 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/26/2016 10:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by edsortails on 10/26/2016 7:47:00 PM (view original):
Did you spell "jtpops" wrong?
Guarantee you'd have more people lining-up than either of them.
(Really "nice" work as the homonym police.)
10/27/2016 9:24 AM
What do you expect? He took on a stupid position just so he had something to argue about, so he has nothing left but to go after typos. Mike lives a sad life.
10/27/2016 9:33 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/27/2016 9:17:00 AM (view original):

This.

Again, equivalent to a "Yankees won the WS, therefore Jeter is a great defensive SS."

No, "Yankees won the WS. How much better does the team get with better D at SS?"

Jesus, your repetitive stupidity is amazing.
10/27/2016 9:53 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/26/2016 11:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/26/2016 7:18:00 PM (view original):

BTW, it's "roll" not "role". Dumbass.
Uh oh...all Mikey's got left is attacking typos. I'll take that as a concession. Thanks.
No, I just think it's hilarious when someone is talking about stupidity but using wrong words.

BTW, it's not a typo. A typo would have been "rolj" or something like that. You had to make a conscious effort to turn an "l" into an "e". You just don't understand the meaning of words.
10/27/2016 9:56 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/27/2016 9:53:00 AM (view original):

This.

No, "Yankees won the WS. How much better does the team get with better D at SS?"

Jesus, your repetitive stupidity is amazing.
Ok there, Mike_Luck23.

I never said anything about the Cubs. Show me where I ever said "Man, the Cubs are really suffering for that contract" or "The Cubs would have been much better off this season without Heyward."

You can't. And you know why? Because it never happened. I specifically commented on Heyward and the quality of his contract. It was you who chose to relate it to the Cubs and create an argument I wasn't making.

My argument was equivalent to: "Jeter is a terrible defensive SS."
Your argument is equivalent to: "You're an idiot. The Yankees are in the WS, so clearly Jeter is a good defensive SS."

Even tec, your only friend, has steered clear of your idiocy on this one. That should tell you something.
10/27/2016 10:07 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...10 Next ▸
Heyward Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.