Heyward Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 10/28/2016 11:49:00 AM (view original):
Posted by skunk206 on 10/27/2016 11:42:00 PM (view original):
It looks like it's mostly just swing mechanics, but so much is wrong at the same time that it's something he'll need to tear down and rebuild over the offseason. Hands start too low, he's off-balance on many swings and falling off slightly towards the 1st base side (which in turn is creating too much head and eye movement), he's not turning his wrists over and leveling the bat through the zone. On one slow-motion replay during the Giants series, you could see his left hand was completely underneath the bat handle at contact, when it should be turning over. He's basically flailing with his arms on many swings. It's hard to watch. And these are just obvious things. I can't imagine what else is wrong that a trained eye can catch.
Um...he shouldn't be rolling over before/during contact.

No, not rolling over, but that part of the wrist action should at least be starting. His wrists should be going from that flexed position to square/locked at contact and then continuing the "rolling" after contact. Bonds has his wrist in a much better square/locked position leading up to contact there. Heyward, on the other hand, too often has looked like this...

I might not have described it well, but the difference can be seen easily enough, and the close up slow-motion replay I referred to made it very clear. Bonds' wrist is straighter and more level with the bat handle like it's behind the bat and pushing it forward. Heyward's wrist is flexed and below the bat handle and not transferring anywhere near as much of that explosive energy that results in hard contact. The result of that at-bat was a harmless pop up, which there's been a LOT of from Heyward all year.
10/28/2016 3:00 PM
Somebody got his feelings hurt. Rejoin the world. Password is "Nochance Inhell"
10/28/2016 3:52 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/28/2016 1:52:00 PM (view original):
You can't just throw out two of his best years and say, "see, he sucks."
His only good year was his rookie year, pitchers figured him out since. And his contract year was a fluke. And a 117 career OPS+ is decent. But, the Cubs coulda called up anybody from their AAA team and they coulda had a 117 OPS+. For $180 mil, he better be a good hitter, or a good pitcher, and Heyward is none
10/28/2016 3:54 PM
Yeah, the Cubs have financial struggles and will never win anything. Welcome to 4th place for the duration of that deal, Cubbies!!!!!
10/28/2016 3:59 PM
Major Butthurt going on for jtpops. Re-enter the world. Remember when you said "They can't remove me. I'll send a ticket!!!" Ticket sent?
10/28/2016 5:10 PM
All3 is bowlegged
10/28/2016 5:40 PM
Alright, why are half the posts reported???
10/28/2016 5:54 PM
Redlining is the dumbest thing.
10/28/2016 5:58 PM
Redlining is sure sign that you've lost whatever argument you were trying to have.
10/28/2016 6:03 PM
Even funnier is he removed all his posts in the TWC thread. I told him it made him look bad so he should start deleting. He said "No". Then, after getting the boot from the world, he deleted 40+ posts. I bet he's sent a dozen tickets today.
10/28/2016 6:03 PM
Oh, he lost. Big League. It was one of the most massively losses of all-time. It was YUUUGGEEE!!!
10/28/2016 6:04 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/28/2016 6:04:00 PM (view original):
Oh, he lost. Big League. It was one of the most massively losses of all-time. It was YUUUGGEEE!!!
Don't make fun of our lord and savior.
10/28/2016 7:45 PM
All3 wears different color socks
10/28/2016 8:18 PM
It's funny when people completely fabricate stuff and then get caught in their lies. Not the first time it's happened to Mike. He accuses me of deleting posts, when he knows it was admin, since all his posts are gone too.

Mike's own words from the world chat: "Or not. ADMIN must have purged every exchange between us in that thread. Nonetheless, it was ugly."

I've also never seen someone so proud of throwing a tantrum like a 4-year old girl, but I digress.
10/28/2016 11:07 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/28/2016 6:03:00 PM (view original):
Redlining is sure sign that you've lost whatever argument you were trying to have.
I'm actually redlining for a reason.

In summary: I joined a world Mikey was in. He expressed interest in my staff ace and I told him I wasn't going to be making any deals with him. He said I was dumb for not accepting what would have been an awesome offer, then blocked me. I made a comment in the forums, AWAY from the World Chat to avoid drama, and Mike started with the redlining. We had a lengthy exchange, then Mikey cried to the commish that he was gonna leave and take all his friends with him if I wasn't booted. So the commish sent a ticket to admin to have me removed for creating drama. Admin cleared all our posts from his thread and I was booted from the world.

Mikey's not that bright though (shocker). He had me kicked out of a world for starting ****, and yet he's been in here non-stop all day. I've talked to Admin and directed them to this thread to show them who the real **** disturber is. Hopefully Mikey's in for a nice vacation soon. It's about time he got what's coming to him.
10/28/2016 11:16 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9|10 Next ▸
Heyward Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.