Signings just started in Crum today: I was on a guy at Very High (I'm B+ prestige) with an offer and there are a bunch of SIMs on the guy...all very low except 1 C- school was at moderate. I have only done a couple visits on the guy during recruiting because there are no other human coached schools on the guy. However, I just looked at the 11PM signing cycle and now that SIM jumped from moderate to Very High. I didn't think SIM schools could pull off moves like this?? This would have been really bad if the guy had signed, at least now I can put some more visits on the guy and hopefully knock the SIM back to moderate. Weird though, I didn't expect that type of recruiting behavior from a SIM.

Anyone else seeing this type of behavior. Certainly not what I experienced in the beta. There it seemed once you knocked SIMs down they stayed there.
10/25/2016 11:12 PM (edited)
SIMs have NO restrictions on recruiting. They get the same amount of resources as humans (no advantage or disadvantage) and they can put in effort on any turn until they run out of resources.

They have made SIMs be able to recruit much better.
10/25/2016 11:26 PM
I've got no issue with it. It just didn't happen in the beta, the SIMs never seemed to change status once they were knocked down. They must have changed something in the programming between then and now. I wasn't aware they would be so aggressive, I'm just glad I didn't lose the guy on that cycle not knowing that could happen.
10/25/2016 11:29 PM
I am not sure if I like it or not .. but it can happen (obviously, as it did).

10/25/2016 11:34 PM
I think we need to study the SIMs behavior in how and when they recruit. Something obviously triggered that where it went from moderate to very high. Do they put in a secondary recruiting effort at a certain cycle and if so how much?
10/25/2016 11:56 PM
"I've got no issue with it. It just didn't happen in the beta, the SIMs never seemed to change status once they were knocked down."

That was true in 2.0, but iirc sims in beta were already learning to recruit better, and weren't restricted to just their initial effort.
10/26/2016 12:46 AM
Based on my observations and experience both in "live" worlds and the beta...if a Sim is on moderate and you make a push at a recruit that gets you to moderate, it will do a burst the next cycle in an effort to "defend" its recruit. However, if you knock Simmy down to low or very low, it will make no further effort on that recruit and start looking for a new target.

I'm also fairly confident that if you get to moderate first and the sim doesn't get above very low that it will not take further action on the recruit and will instead start scanning for new targets, at least during session 1.
10/26/2016 3:37 AM
Posted by rednu on 10/26/2016 3:39:00 AM (view original):
Based on my observations and experience both in "live" worlds and the beta...if a Sim is on moderate and you make a push at a recruit that gets you to moderate, it will do a burst the next cycle in an effort to "defend" its recruit. However, if you knock Simmy down to low or very low, it will make no further effort on that recruit and start looking for a new target.

I'm also fairly confident that if you get to moderate first and the sim doesn't get above very low that it will not take further action on the recruit and will instead start scanning for new targets, at least during session 1.
I don't think this is accurate. I knocked a sim from VH to VL for two cycles. At signings the sim moved back to VH. Further effort has it down to MOD, but I'm keeping my powder dry
10/26/2016 4:42 AM
Posted by garger on 10/26/2016 4:42:00 AM (view original):

I don't think this is accurate. I knocked a sim from VH to VL for two cycles. At signings the sim moved back to VH. Further effort has it down to MOD, but I'm keeping my powder dry
That's good to know -- definitely had not seen/heard that previously. Just to be clear, was this Session 1 or Session 2?
10/26/2016 12:28 PM
I have seen that happen in session 2 .. I was moderate on a Div-1 projected guy from a Div-2 school. In the second session, I went from Moderate to High, and added some visits to go to very high. Then the SIM came in (he was very low since Session 1, he was a D-1 D- SIM) .. and he went to High with me also at High.

I had to use 20 HV and a CV and a bunch of APs to go to and stay at VH .. and the SIM was at H. And I actually won that VH/H battle and got the recruit.

But the SIM was Very Low and I was High, and he came on at the middle of Session 2.
10/26/2016 1:07 PM
From my original example: I got to Moderate on the player with AP's after the initial cycle. A couple SIMs were on the guy at Very Low. Then by the time I had gotten to Very High about 3-4 cycles later the 1 school had moved up to moderate. However, there was no other movement from the school until the 11PM signing cycle (2nd time when recruits could sign). That is when the school moved from Moderate to Very High.

It doesn't really seem like there is a pattern and that SIM movement can happen on a player at any time.
10/26/2016 1:35 PM
Posted by rednu on 10/26/2016 12:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by garger on 10/26/2016 4:42:00 AM (view original):

That's good to know -- definitely had not seen/heard that previously. Just to be clear, was this Session 1 or Session 2?
Crum recruit period one. The SIM made no further movement and I signed him.
10/26/2016 6:01 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.