DIII Job changes Topic

Posted by rogelio on 10/26/2016 10:34:00 PM (view original):
With the changes to recruiting, a lot of what people "know" is based on old data. There may or may not be a low D1 job trap. Even worse, admin is pondering changes to the job process. So, not only should you not listen to Wardo...ever...most everyone else is thinking of the "old" game when they answer you.

If you have your heart set on a particular D1 job, then move up to a strong D2 school ASAP. By strong, I mean returning very good players that will give you immediate NT success. Prestige is not directly relevant to the job process.

You can move D3 to D1, but it will take a while. So long, in fact, that admin may have changed the rules before you get there.

As pointed out above,. Play the game to enjoy what you are doing and have success now, with NT success the jobs will follow.
Rogelio stop attacking I am not attacking you.
10/26/2016 11:53 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 10/26/2016 11:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rogelio on 10/26/2016 10:34:00 PM (view original):
With the changes to recruiting, a lot of what people "know" is based on old data. There may or may not be a low D1 job trap. Even worse, admin is pondering changes to the job process. So, not only should you not listen to Wardo...ever...most everyone else is thinking of the "old" game when they answer you.

If you have your heart set on a particular D1 job, then move up to a strong D2 school ASAP. By strong, I mean returning very good players that will give you immediate NT success. Prestige is not directly relevant to the job process.

You can move D3 to D1, but it will take a while. So long, in fact, that admin may have changed the rules before you get there.

As pointed out above,. Play the game to enjoy what you are doing and have success now, with NT success the jobs will follow.
Unless you are super attached to your D3 team, my suggestion would be to move up to D2 after this season. It is a step closer to D1, and you can kind of start over and learn from any mistakes you made the first season at D3. D2 and D3 are fairly similar in my opinion, with the exception that in D2 you have a larger scouting and recruiting budget. But if you do 1 year at D3, and 4-5 good years at D2 you can take a low level D1 job. Stay there like 5-6 years, and do really well, you'll probably qualify for a Big 6 Job. I'm going to try to figure out my fastest time to D1 and a Big 6 Job, and I'll edit that in as soon as I figure it out.

OK - Found a few examples from my histories in different worlds.
In one world, I was D3 for 1 year, then D2 for 5 years before getting to Mercer.
In another I did one year at D3, 8 at D2 (mainly because I really liked that team), 5 at lower level D1, then went to Iowa State.
In another world, I did 8 years at D3, then jumped to a lower level D1 (Princeton). Stayed there for 6 years, then went to Marquette, then Utah, then Hawaii.
Are you talking calendar years or seasons? I think the fastest way to big 6 is 1 season at division 3 10 seasons at division 2 and boom you will qualify for the lowest big 6 job there is. This is what I read in the forums chapel.
10/27/2016 12:09 AM
Posted by pkoopman on 10/26/2016 11:24:00 PM (view original):
I moved up fastest with this handle in Allen. After a season of D3, I spent 7 seasons at D2 Tuskegee, then 6 seasons at Grambling State before nabbing the Rutgers job. There were some other big 6 jobs available to me after 4th and 5th seasons, but I passed on them. Rutgers was a C- job.

In Naismith, I spent more time at D3 (4 seasons) and D2 (14 seasons) then skipped low D1. Again, I was eligible for Big 6 jobs a few seasons before I actually took one.

Pay at attention to critical news in the HD forums, as Rogelio noted, we may have some changes to the system soon.
Pk : let's start a Rutgers-Purdue rivalry. I will lose the four first games probably unless they let me rescind everybody in the second session and I get lucky.
10/27/2016 7:43 AM
My History is:
World1: 2 D3, 6 D2, 2 Low D1
World2: 1 D3, 5 D2, 5 Low D1, Big6
World3: 4 D3, 4 D2, 5 Low D1, Big6
World4: 1 D3, 7 D2, 3 Low D1, Big6
World5: 1 D3, 9 D2, Low D1
World6: 3 D3, 3 D2, 4 Low D1, Big6
World7: Did not go to D1
World8: 1 D3, 9 D2, Low D1
World9: 1 D3, 6 D2, 12 Low D1, Big6
World10: 1 D3, 8 D2, Low D1

But I don't think I ever had as a goal to make it to D1 as fast as possible.

Looking at my results, I would say that if you did 1 season D3, then move to an already good D2 for 4-5 Seasons you could get a good Low D1, and with 3-4 Good seasons there, you could get a D1 Big6. I would think that or 1 D3, 8 or 9 Good D2, D1 Big6 (but not a good baseline team).

I personally like D2 the best. There is no artificial baseline to hold any teams back and you get decent resources for recruiting. Which is why I have spent more time there than anywhere. I now have 6 D2 teams and 1 Low D1 team.
10/27/2016 8:48 AM
Thank you all for your input on this topic.

As one user said before: Think about your goals and how quickly you want to reach them. With this game, you can play the game however you want.

I ended up going to DII with a solid A- prestige school. I figured it would open up my options down once i discover my full intentions and goals.
11/2/2016 12:46 PM
Posted by Derek_Koenig on 11/2/2016 12:46:00 PM (view original):
Thank you all for your input on this topic.

As one user said before: Think about your goals and how quickly you want to reach them. With this game, you can play the game however you want.

I ended up going to DII with a solid A- prestige school. I figured it would open up my options down once i discover my full intentions and goals.
Still need the rebuild (experience) at some point in time. Wouldn't leave it at most low tier division1. So when you do go through a rebuild you're not bum out about the game.
11/2/2016 1:59 PM
I'm just finishing my first D3 season in Rupp, with the goal of moving up to D2 ASAP and eventually to D1. My team is 23-6, won it's conference tournament last night, and will be playing a first round NT game tonight.

I've heard that one season of D3 is enough to get you up to D2. Is that the case? Would I be qualified for any/all D2 jobs, or what would be the guidelines? I already have my target school picked out, but I'd kind of like to get an idea of the likelihood of getting that job when job applications open up a week from today.

Thanks.
4/11/2017 12:33 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 4/11/2017 12:34:00 PM (view original):
I'm just finishing my first D3 season in Rupp, with the goal of moving up to D2 ASAP and eventually to D1. My team is 23-6, won it's conference tournament last night, and will be playing a first round NT game tonight.

I've heard that one season of D3 is enough to get you up to D2. Is that the case? Would I be qualified for any/all D2 jobs, or what would be the guidelines? I already have my target school picked out, but I'd kind of like to get an idea of the likelihood of getting that job when job applications open up a week from today.

Thanks.
Hawaii Pacific is a fast spot to move to d1.
4/11/2017 12:53 PM
Not exactly my question, but thanks.
4/11/2017 2:29 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 4/11/2017 2:29:00 PM (view original):
Not exactly my question, but thanks.
I believe you do qualify for most, if not all DII jobs after 1 DIII season. That said, obviously your resume only has one year on it, so if someone with a longer track record of success applies for the same one as you, you'd be out of luck
4/11/2017 2:32 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 4/11/2017 12:34:00 PM (view original):

Thanks.
I moved up after one mediocre D3 season and got the only job D2 I applied for. It said I was qualified for every available D2 job when I applied.
4/11/2017 2:36 PM
"I've heard that one season of D3 is enough to get you up to D2. Is that the case? Would I be qualified for any/all D2 jobs"

Yes. Yes. You just have to beat out any other coaches who apply to the same school.
4/11/2017 3:02 PM
You can move up after 1 season as long as you didn't suck (like what happened to wardo at his infamous Chowen, 0-26 two seasons in a row) and you didn't rescind any scholarships or break any promises ( because that hurts your reputation)
4/12/2017 11:38 AM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 4/12/2017 11:38:00 AM (view original):
You can move up after 1 season as long as you didn't suck (like what happened to wardo at his infamous Chowen, 0-26 two seasons in a row) and you didn't rescind any scholarships or break any promises ( because that hurts your reputation)
two 0-27 seasons lol don't short him
4/12/2017 11:54 AM
◂ Prev 12
DIII Job changes Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.