As a coach it's kind of your job to track such things. It takes such a minute amount of time to set up practice minutes. Then adjust when needed.
10/28/2016 3:10 PM
The conversation is about having to track exactly when a category goes from yellow to red. When it changes to red you may still have up
to 3 points of improvement before maxing out.
But the only way you know that number is keep checking and note exactly at what number the change from yellow top red occurred.
I would guess most coaches would not be watching and noting this.
Just bring back the maxed out message and this all moot.
There is NO downside to bringing back the maxed out message.
10/28/2016 3:16 PM
Posted by phalla on 10/28/2016 3:16:00 PM (view original):
The conversation is about having to track exactly when a category goes from yellow to red. When it changes to red you may still have up
to 3 points of improvement before maxing out.
But the only way you know that number is keep checking and note exactly at what number the change from yellow top red occurred.
I would guess most coaches would not be watching and noting this.
Just bring back the maxed out message and this all moot.
There is NO downside to bringing back the maxed out message.
You just changed your tune. Thank you for admitting you were wrong! Here's a thread that notes the same issue. I will try to add more [Maxed at 36 one year, then got the message at 35 the next year...interesting.]

The downside is that admin needs to be making the important messages clearer (users are missing the start of recruiting...that's a HUGE problem!). That message needs to be highlighted.
10/28/2016 3:19 PM
No tune change.
Fact- When a player received a maxed out message, no further improvement was possible.
Fact- There is no downside to bringing back the maxed out message.
10/28/2016 3:23 PM
At some point you are going to need to just admit you are wrong. Admittedly, folks did not want to accept this response either, but it's clearly accurate (as regards everything other than FT potential anyhow). There's this forum posting of CS's response to a question on FT potential & maxed messages:

Quote post by jdno on 5/26/2011 12:07:00 PM:
"They said: When you get the email that a player is maxed out, it doesn't mean he's 100% at his potential. It just means that he's getting close, so the rate of improvement is going to be slow.

I responded: Right, I get that, but it seems you missed the crux of my question. He began the season at average potential. After 36 minutes of practice, not only did he get to limited improvement, but he's basically maxed out. How is this explained? No other category would show the same behavior.

They then said: As you mentioned, FT shooting works differently than other ratings. In particular, the ranges are smaller for Low/Average/High potential, so him moving into the Low category due to his season improvement also gets him close enough to his max to trigger the email.

Guess it's a plausible explanation., though those ranges would have to be pretty tight. Still seems a bit odd, but whatever at this point, it is what it is."

Check out girt's response above that posting from the same thread.
10/28/2016 3:43 PM (edited)
I've gotten AC e-mails indicating they've maxed out on attributes which I have tracked where I know they still have 1 or even 2 points of growth. I record almost everything in a spreadsheet for every player I've ever had (including when the attribute colors change and what the rating shows when I receive a max e-mail).

Ex. Alex Brown got his BH max e-mail when his rating page was only showing 83 (and his rating changed to black @ 64, red @ 78, making his max cap 85).

As you can see he still grew to 84 and it could of gotten to 85.
10/28/2016 3:57 PM
Total fantasy.
A recruit has never gone up a point in a season after receiving a maxed out message.
Quit perpetuating the myth.
And once again- no matter what you believe - there is NO downside to bringing back the maxed out messages.
10/29/2016 5:54 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.