Moving up to another division/recruiting Topic

If I know I'm moving up, can I start watching D2 players and i'll show up when I move?
10/27/2016 12:12 PM
Once you move up, you'll get scouting resources to scout with your new team. They won't show up as recruit able for your new team until you scout them with your new team.
10/27/2016 12:23 PM
One of the flaws of the new system in my opinion is this. You can go and scout using your 1st team and keep a record of player's stats and what not. Then when you move to a new team, yes you'll need to discover them but you already know which guys you'd like to target using the level 1 info. And you can also choose not to rescout players you know are bad.

Is this 'cheating'? Well it's not outside of the rules technically, so I don't know. But it certainly can be exploited.
10/27/2016 1:12 PM
Posted by Benis on 10/27/2016 1:12:00 PM (view original):
One of the flaws of the new system in my opinion is this. You can go and scout using your 1st team and keep a record of player's stats and what not. Then when you move to a new team, yes you'll need to discover them but you already know which guys you'd like to target using the level 1 info. And you can also choose not to rescout players you know are bad.

Is this 'cheating'? Well it's not outside of the rules technically, so I don't know. But it certainly can be exploited.
It would take a lot of work. I just moved up with my other handle, and I can't imagine wanting to keep notes of where the good players were that I saw. It's just much easier to use my own process. There are no shortage of Scouting resources for the second period. Plus it wouldn't really be unrealistic. You can certainly do something like that in real life.
10/27/2016 1:41 PM
Posted by pkoopman on 10/27/2016 1:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 10/27/2016 1:12:00 PM (view original):

It would take a lot of work. I just moved up with my other handle, and I can't imagine wanting to keep notes of where the good players were that I saw. It's just much easier to use my own process. There are no shortage of Scouting resources for the second period. Plus it wouldn't really be unrealistic. You can certainly do something like that in real life.
It's not the much work. Just copy and paste into excel the results. A lot of us do that anyway. Then you have all the ratings saved and refer back to it at any time.

Maybe people won't do it and it'll be pretty rare for it to occur. But I think it's worth it if you move D3 jobs where the scouting budget is small. 1st team you scout east coast and then 2nd team you use money on west coast and then you have more guys to choose from. It'd be an advantage to do it I think.
10/27/2016 2:08 PM
Eh. I suppose there might be some advantage when you're talking about moving between D3 schools. Still pretty small, relative to the amount of work to keep up Excel spreadsheets, but I can see where that might make a difference. But when you're talking about moving up at division, I think the advantage is minuscule. If you want to uncover the guy you like with your D3 budget, you're going to uncover him, or someone like him, with a larger scouting budget in the second period. If someone cares to put in that extra work for the small amount of benefit, they're welcome to it. I'll take my chances.
10/27/2016 3:11 PM
Right, but moving means you only get to recruit in the 2nd session, so you need all the help you can get.
10/27/2016 5:47 PM
Moving up to another division/recruiting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.