INDIANS Topic

Anybody else see where MLB wants to meet with the Indians after the WS to discuss their "offensive" team logo?

What a bunch of ****. When is all this pathetic PC garbage going to stop? What kind of team picks a name or logo depicting something weak? It's a freakin' compliment, you idiots.
10/27/2016 4:25 PM
CHIEF WAHOO IS PROBABLY THE MOST OFFENSIVE. IMAGINE THE NEW YORK JEWS WITH A GRINNING YARMULKE AND HASIDIC HAT WEARING YID.

NEVER FLY.
10/27/2016 5:04 PM
It's called a caricature. Considering a good chunk of Native Americans identify themselves as "American Indians", I see no reason why it's such a big deal. I guarantee this is a case where the PC advocates care a hell of a lot more than the "victimized" group.
10/27/2016 5:10 PM
How about a team with a leprechaun with fists clenched and call them the Fighting Irish?
10/27/2016 5:49 PM
CLUTCHING A BOTTLE AND PUKING IN PENN STATION WOULD BE MORE APT
10/27/2016 6:07 PM
Nice to see my 2 biggest fans are still following me around.
Let's keep it on topic for a change though.
10/27/2016 8:19 PM
Tired of all the stupid BS on far too many of these pages. A few people ruining things for everyone. On topic or it's gone.
10/27/2016 8:37 PM
BWAHAHAHA!!!! All3 got a little sensitive. Forget that he's one of the most racist people on these boards

KEEP REPORTING!
10/27/2016 9:25 PM
Here's the thing. I'm 1/8th Cherokee and I don't get offended easily. So Braves, Indians, Chiefs, Redskins, etc doesn't offend me.

But, other than the Fighting Irish(and the Irish probably aren't offended by that either because they like to drink and fight), how many team names refer to a specific race? Most choose animals(Panthers, Rams, Seahawks, etc) or groups of people who could be from any race(Minutemen, Volunteers, Cowboys, etc).

And, before the Irish get all pissy, I'm either a quarter or an eight Irish.
10/27/2016 9:53 PM
Maths is hard for Bracco.
10/28/2016 7:36 AM
I know it's easy to blast Mike, and even easier to blast his wannabe tag-along, and I appreciate the thought, but as I said, on topic or it's gone.
10/28/2016 8:51 AM
Somebody got their panties bunched.

If you're not a Native American, you don't decide what you think is racist and/or a compliment to them. White America treated the "indians" as bad, or worse, as slaves. It's just a matter of deciding what is worse: A lifetime of slavery vs killing you and your entire village.

Would anyone really walk up to a Native American and say "Hey, Indian, which way to the Wal-mart?"
10/28/2016 11:23 AM
10/28/2016 11:26 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/28/2016 11:23:00 AM (view original):
Somebody got their panties bunched.

If you're not a Native American, you don't decide what you think is racist and/or a compliment to them. White America treated the "indians" as bad, or worse, as slaves. It's just a matter of deciding what is worse: A lifetime of slavery vs killing you and your entire village.

Would anyone really walk up to a Native American and say "Hey, Indian, which way to the Wal-mart?"
That said, and to piggyback the thought, I don't think anyone feels "black man" is racist. It's a description. But no one is saying "Hey, black man, which way to the Wal-mart?"

Is "Indian" a description? I don't think the police use "Wanted: Indian, 5'10" tall, roughly 180 lbs, wearing a white shirt and blue jeans".
10/28/2016 11:33 AM
Would anyone feel 100% comfortable with a team called the Mississippi Black Men?
10/28/2016 11:39 AM
12 Next ▸
INDIANS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.