International Scouting Topic

I've been trying for a number of years now to build my teams through HS scouting, which is max out at 20. However, looking at my minor leagues and the sad state of my BL clubs, I'm now leaning towards International scouting. So with that in mind, I need a little help or clarification.

I know I can only increase my Intn'l scouting by 4 at a time. So at what point do I trust the scouting to give me an accurate view of where the prospect will be? BTW, my advance scouting is working it's way down to zero, which means I don't trust that number anymore. Is the Intn'l scouting number only good for the number of players you see? Is the number tied to projection numbers? Meaning HS scouting max out at 20 will give me the best projection I can see and will also give me the most views of players at age 18.

Should I be switching to College Scouting instead? HS doesn't seem to be doing it for me.....

thanks in advance
10/27/2016 4:40 PM
14m is still bad but, unless there is just another owner throwing out money to IFA, you can somewhat judge the value of what you're seeing. 16m gives me a solid idea. 18m is better.
10/27/2016 4:46 PM
Is it just preference for HS vs CS then? In theory with a max budget of 20, I would get the same value in the long run for a HS vs CS?
10/28/2016 8:46 AM
College players are going to be closer to BL-ready. Back when we could view everyone's budget, I just went contrary to the majority. I figured the 20m College owners wouldn't draft HS players and vice versa. Now it's just more "Can I wait 4-5 years for that HS player or would I rather have a college guy in 2-3?"
10/28/2016 10:36 AM
IMO, the major difference between COL and HS is that COL players, on average, are WAY more signable. I don't think it's worth switching from HS for-- the in between years, when you're 12/8 and 8/12, will lead to terrible drafting -- but if I pick up a new team I go COL.
10/28/2016 11:04 AM
Yeah, I will stay the course of HS, it's at 20, and it would be a painful 4-5 season to switch now. I'll start boosting my international and once at 14-15 I can dive in and be fairly safe with what I see for ratings. Prefer to build within, hate getting into a bidding war over FA......I have done that a few times and each time I regret it.
10/31/2016 3:15 PM
Bidding wars for IFA's suck equally
10/31/2016 8:04 PM
Just go $16 million on all three and you can have good results in each. If you can afford to do that. If you are drafting high, then you want to put as much money into college and high school scouting as you can. Or you are possibly wasting your picks.
11/1/2016 8:17 AM
FWIW - one of my teams was at 16 mil scouting last season. The players I saw looked alright, projections made some sort of sense. This season I went into the FA market instead, so dropped my IFA scouting back to 12 mil. Now the projections have gone back to not making sense again... a C with 0 Range and 0 Glove, a three-pitch pitcher with pitch projections 100/100/39... things like that.
11/4/2016 3:43 PM
International Scouting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.