Most Recent Changes Topic

Posted by mullycj on 10/30/2016 8:17:00 AM (view original):
I'd honestly want to hear someone at an elite program in a word come on here and agree with you. No offense, but you have struggled in DI so I am not sure you understand the EE implications as the elite programs.

In the end I will have 2 walkons this season. I don't have any roster gaps. But there is no way I could have filled another spot with the way this game is set up.
No offense taken. I've never claimed to have an elite program. And yet oddly, I've been able to navigate early entries and replace them with better than "usable" D1 players (in beta, and in live worlds). You don't have to listen to me, if you don't think I'm good enough. Your call. But it is absolutely true that you're not playing the best game you could play if you don't start prioritizing and planning to replace potential EEs before you've actually lost them You can and should be working to replace them in the first session. the old days are not coming back. You have to plan to fight for every elite commodity you want to sign. You can either try to develop strategies to do it, or you can complain about not being able to do it.
10/30/2016 9:18 AM
Anything that happened in beta doesnt really count for much. populations were so low and we had so many ghost ship programs.
10/30/2016 10:06 AM
Posted by Benis on 10/30/2016 10:06:00 AM (view original):
Anything that happened in beta doesnt really count for much. populations were so low and we had so many ghost ship programs.
What happened in beta was that I experimented, so I knew it was possible to get many players on the line in the first session. It doesn't matter how many ghost ships there were, they didn't affect how many players I could unlock in the first session with X amount of APs.

Because I had figured out my strategy in beta, I used it when I ran into an early entry in a live world.
10/30/2016 10:32 AM
You have 1 player drafted ever in your HD career? Am I missing something here...you can't be commenting on this type of topic with no experience.
10/30/2016 10:38 AM
" But it is absolutely true that you're not playing the best game you could play if you don't start prioritizing and planning to replace potential EEs before you've actually lost them "

Pin that for the truth there.

" You have 1 player drafted ever in your HD career? Am I missing something here...you can't be commenting on this type of topic with no experience. "

Pin that for the humor at a guy who doesn't understand multiple screen names.
10/30/2016 10:43 AM
Posted by pkoopman on 10/30/2016 10:32:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 10/30/2016 10:06:00 AM (view original):
What happened in beta was that I experimented, so I knew it was possible to get many players on the line in the first session. It doesn't matter how many ghost ships there were, they didn't affect how many players I could unlock in the first session with X amount of APs.

Because I had figured out my strategy in beta, I used it when I ran into an early entry in a live world.
My point is, it's a lot easier to go unlock actions on many guys when you're not having to defend your top targets from other teams. Obviously this is much easier.

When there are a lot of teams actively battling, you're not going to have the liberty to use APs to unlock actions or else you'll lose the guys you really want.

If you did that during the real worlds, kudos. But Beta isn't representative of what actual battling scenarios would be like.
10/30/2016 10:48 AM
" You have 1 player drafted ever in your HD career? Am I missing something here...you can't be commenting on this type of topic with no experience. "

"Pin that for the humor at a guy who doesn't understand multiple screen names."

This is ironic..
10/30/2016 10:48 AM
The way WIS has laid out this HUGE EE problem is making extremely hard for EE spots to be filled with normal role players, that's what everyone is arguing. Simple math says we can't fill these spots on a consistent basis.

say u have 2 openings with 2-3 EE possible, how do u recruit to that. Your 2 available 1st session are most likely going to be all on battles using every AP just to stay near the leader on 1 recruit let alone 2 or opening up actions for 3/4/5 players. So are u supposed to just recruit against only teams with a huge prestige disadvantage? (Your A vs there B-). Or are you supposed to only recruit "late" signings in hopes you can catch up on the back end when your allotted Att Pts come in? Well unfortunately 20% of the good recruits are available 2nd session and the leaders have been pumping up the others with att pts from session 1, then they randomly sign while your trying to catch up because you c an only spend 80 and not 120. Awesome.

So so the only consistent option is to just let those EE go walk on instead of filling with a DII quality player.
10/30/2016 10:50 AM
Posted by CoachSpud on 10/30/2016 10:43:00 AM (view original):
" But it is absolutely true that you're not playing the best game you could play if you don't start prioritizing and planning to replace potential EEs before you've actually lost them "

Lol, I could care less if the guy has multiple screen names...I doubt he has many more guys drafted on his other names if he only has 1 guy drafted in this many seasons as pkoopman.

But then again, I think you are pkoopman...
10/30/2016 10:50 AM
Posted by skinzfan36 on 10/30/2016 10:38:00 AM (view original):
You have 1 player drafted ever in your HD career? Am I missing something here...you can't be commenting on this type of topic with no experience.
As I said, it's your call if you don't think I'm good enough to listen to. If you'd rather believe that it's a fairy tale, feel free to dismiss it. It's true that I have 2 big 6 programs, both were picked up as doormats, and both are only now starting to get to the level where I am dealing with early entries. My lone early entry was last season (Albert Lewis). I replaced him directly with a 3-star player (Jimmy Baker) who I would not have had the resources to move above moderate without the early entry.

I dont have to have been here long enough to have 50 drafted players to know it can be done when I just did it. But of course, if you'd rather just complain about not being able to do it, rather than figure out how to do it, feel free.
10/30/2016 10:53 AM
" But then again, I think you are pkoopman... "
No, he writes about the game much better than I do. I wish he would just let guys play the game the way they wish it existed, rather than explaining things to them. Save the explanations for new coaches who will listen.
10/30/2016 10:55 AM
Posted by skinzfan36 on 10/30/2016 10:50:00 AM (view original):

Lol, I could care less if the guy has multiple screen names...I doubt he has many more guys drafted on his other names if he only has 1 guy drafted in this many seasons as pkoopman.

My other screen name is shoe3, a handle I inherited from my son when he went to college and lost interest. So spud is mistaken to imply that I have other drafted players. Albert Lewis last season with Rutgers in Allen was my first.
10/30/2016 10:56 AM
Posted by pkoopman on 10/30/2016 10:53:00 AM (view original):
Posted by skinzfan36 on 10/30/2016 10:38:00 AM (view original):
As I said, it's your call if you don't think I'm good enough to listen to. If you'd rather believe that it's a fairy tale, feel free to dismiss it. It's true that I have 2 big 6 programs, both were picked up as doormats, and both are only now starting to get to the level where I am dealing with early entries. My lone early entry was last season (Albert Lewis). I replaced him directly with a 3-star player (Jimmy Baker) who I would not have had the resources to move above moderate without the early entry.

I dont have to have been here long enough to have 50 drafted players to know it can be done when I just did it. But of course, if you'd rather just complain about not being able to do it, rather than figure out how to do it, feel free.
PK- it's not that people are unable to do it. It's the fact that people think it's a stupid system where it penalizes and it makes it harder to recruit because you have an EE. You got the EE probably because you did a good job recruiting previously. So you did a good job recruiting in season 1 but now in season 3 we're going to take away the player and make it harder to fill the spots. That's what everyone is saying. It doesn't make sense to penalize success.

And yes, you did it once. You had 3 openings and then 1 EE and were able to get a good player. Like I said, kudos.
10/30/2016 10:57 AM
Posted by pkoopman on 10/30/2016 10:56:00 AM (view original):
Posted by skinzfan36 on 10/30/2016 10:50:00 AM (view original):

My other screen name is shoe3, a handle I inherited from my son when he went to college and lost interest. So spud is mistaken to imply that I have other drafted players. Albert Lewis last season with Rutgers in Allen was my first.
Nowhere did I mean to imply that you have other drafted players. Sorry that it read that way. My post harkened back to the haters trying to figure out my other screen name(s), ranging from a guess that I had none to a guess that I used to play a lot of D1, and everything in between. Skinz has no idea how many EE's anyone has ever had.
10/30/2016 11:01 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸
Most Recent Changes Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.