GUESS RATINGS FORMULAS - tweaking QB's Topic

I would value Elusiveness in passing QB higher. I have nothing concrete but I can't help feeling it has more to do with QB ability to avoid the sack and pick up some yardage on his own than Ath. From old developers chat Ath is a modifier that increases chances for big play.
11/1/2016 6:03 PM
Alternative to needing high ELU rating: Get a better offensive line.
11/1/2016 7:58 PM
I have Many "Offensive Lines" . But this is a family forum .
11/1/2016 9:21 PM
Posted by mojolad on 11/1/2016 9:21:00 PM (view original):
I have Many "Offensive Lines" . But this is a family forum .
o.O
11/2/2016 8:07 AM
Posted by mojolad on 11/1/2016 6:04:00 PM (view original):
I would value Elusiveness in passing QB higher. I have nothing concrete but I can't help feeling it has more to do with QB ability to avoid the sack and pick up some yardage on his own than Ath. From old developers chat Ath is a modifier that increases chances for big play.
The problem with old developers chats is that they refer to old versions of the game.

I recall from conversations I had via Site Mail with oriole_fan -- sadly, ones I did not keep -- that ATH would be used the same with STR / TKL / etc would be used, and TECH was the more "generic modifier" stat.
11/2/2016 12:25 PM
Ahh. Bhazlewood, good to know . Thank You.
11/2/2016 12:51 PM
The problem is, I don't know how much of the stuff we were chatting about was actually implemented.
11/2/2016 3:50 PM
Exactly. That's why the best way to figure out what works and what doesn't is to try things. See what gets you where you wanna go(NC or at least a competitor).
11/2/2016 4:11 PM
Bob, I like your suggested mod to the passer QB formula.

For the Running QB formula....I think I'd pull GI and TEC completely out and bump up ELU and STR.
11/2/2016 8:54 PM
Posted by harriswb3 on 11/2/2016 8:54:00 PM (view original):

For the Running QB formula....I think I'd pull GI and TEC completely out and bump up ELU and STR.
Anyone disagree with the running QB thoughts?
11/3/2016 8:24 AM
Shouldn't the Run QB still have some GI and Tech ? What if he wants to Audible at the line of scrimmage ? (just kidding )
11/3/2016 8:43 AM
Posted by bhazlewood on 11/3/2016 8:24:00 AM (view original):
Posted by harriswb3 on 11/2/2016 8:54:00 PM (view original):

Anyone disagree with the running QB thoughts?
Well, if you are going to run your qb, you would first probably have already created the running formation. Thus never allowing your qb to pass from this formation. So, no I don't disagree with removing all passing components from the equation.
11/3/2016 9:12 AM
For what it's worth, the model I use within yatzr swings much more towards speed and elusivity at the expense of GI and TEC. But having read the above posts I've seemingly missed at trick re strength. So SPD not a factor for a rushing QB in your views?
11/3/2016 9:52 AM
Wouldn't a good rushing QB just be identical to a good RB? Maybe GI would be a bit more important, but other than that....
11/3/2016 10:22 AM
I'm with BJ. A running QB should be very similar to a RB
11/3/2016 12:53 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
GUESS RATINGS FORMULAS - tweaking QB's Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.