D.E.A.L 4 COMMENTARY THREAD Topic

Here is your thread to make commets on the DEAL 4 draft, which should keep the actual draft thread a lil more clutter free.

Nothing unusual about the 1st few picks. Other than Babe Ruth lasting to about the 8th pick last draft and going 1st again in this one. I woulda taken him 1st too. Silver King was my consolation prize lol.

No major steals or reaches so far though.
11/1/2016 12:25 AM
Any count on the number of first timers this go round? And how many have been in all 4 now?
11/1/2016 2:13 AM
I appreciate Amerk and Sixer having my back. I didn't delete the post because it is good-natured fun. I promised Southheat I would just make my picks and help with SM'ing on the draft page and I plan on keeping my word on that. I'm certainly not trying to ruin anyone's fun and will gladly roll with the "douchy" moniker here on this page. No need to be filling Amerk's draft thread with any of my silliness. If you find me annoying now, your reward will come when the season starts I assure you.
11/2/2016 1:37 AM
Heads up to Amerk, Chisock, Specsman, Bigfatjew, and Northof49.
I just sentyou guys my first and second round proxy list. My sleeping
schedule is all mixed up right now. Sleeping from 9:00am till about\
4 or 5pm. So just to be sure not to hold up the draft, I've got it covered.
Thank you, Sixer.
11/2/2016 6:28 AM
Posted by jhsukow on 11/2/2016 1:37:00 AM (view original):
I appreciate Amerk and Sixer having my back. I didn't delete the post because it is good-natured fun. I promised Southheat I would just make my picks and help with SM'ing on the draft page and I plan on keeping my word on that. I'm certainly not trying to ruin anyone's fun and will gladly roll with the "douchy" moniker here on this page. No need to be filling Amerk's draft thread with any of my silliness. If you find me annoying now, your reward will come when the season starts I assure you.
I agree it is fun! And it was douchy. Never wanted you to stop!
11/2/2016 11:16 AM
I'm looking to trade away my 2nd round pick. Anybody looking to DEAL?
11/2/2016 7:20 PM
Weird how both Stan Musial and Ted Williams always seem to end up around the final pick of the 1st round. Personally I feel like Williams should always be closer to 15, maybe 20. But then again, based on his #'s IRL, his best season generaly underperforms in this league, so maybe I'm wrong.
11/3/2016 2:16 AM
The first round is complete and really no surprises. Not saying I disagree with these, but I believe it was the 1st time that both Cy Young and Tris Speaker were taken in the 1st round.
11/3/2016 2:27 AM
Posted by amerk1180 on 11/3/2016 2:16:00 AM (view original):
Weird how both Stan Musial and Ted Williams always seem to end up around the final pick of the 1st round. Personally I feel like Williams should always be closer to 15, maybe 20. But then again, based on his #'s IRL, his best season generaly underperforms in this league, so maybe I'm wrong.
Oh great. Well that's bad news for me!
No matter, learn from my mistakes.
11/3/2016 8:07 PM
Posted by sixernuggets on 11/3/2016 8:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by amerk1180 on 11/3/2016 2:16:00 AM (view original):
Oh great. Well that's bad news for me!
No matter, learn from my mistakes.
Okay here is my question concerning Amerk's comment
about my first round pick of Ted Williams. Does this mean
I've blown it already? I thought he has everything the sim
likes. High batting avg., and very high obp. Thought's please?
Thank you, Sixer.
11/3/2016 10:41 PM
No I think amerk is saying that you are getting him at a good deal (in his opinion), but right on track with where he's been drafted the other times this league has run. Nobody has blown it yet.
11/3/2016 11:18 PM
I've seen his 1941 season under perform in Fulton County stadium (mainly his power) but I've seen him put up some good numbers in other places. These were $255 mil leagues and Clones were used.
11/3/2016 11:20 PM
Ted has been the best hitter on his team in all three years of this league.

In season 2 he hit .380 (4th in the league) and had an OPS over 1.000. Last year he hit just under .300 with an OPS around .850.

Don't know what you'll get for numbers, but he'll probably be the best hitter on your team too.
11/3/2016 11:24 PM
Posted by amerk1180 on 11/3/2016 2:27:00 AM (view original):
The first round is complete and really no surprises. Not saying I disagree with these, but I believe it was the 1st time that both Cy Young and Tris Speaker were taken in the 1st round.
In season 2, Cy was taken at pick #11 (which was the only time duece didn't get him)
11/3/2016 11:27 PM
Currently I'm using his 1941 season in a $255 Clone league and Dodger Stadium is my home park.

After 27 games (small sample size) his line is .292 avg, .422 OBP, .449 SLG with 3 HRs and 17 RBI, his RC27 is 7.07

This is a league where just about every team has rostered Pete Alexander, Walter Johnson, Addie Joss, Maddux, Pedro, Elton etc so hitters are facing the best in every at bat.
11/3/2016 11:29 PM
12 Next ▸
D.E.A.L 4 COMMENTARY THREAD Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.