How to rescind scholly Topic

2nd recruiting is starting at 8 a.m. I was curious how you rescind players the sim ai recruited for you?

Thanks in advance!
11/1/2016 7:39 AM
Can't do it.

Huge complaint by everyone but no idea why they won't change it.

edit- i assumed you mean players signed from the 1st session right?
11/1/2016 7:49 AM (edited)
Yes, I was told that you could do that before the 2nd session if the Sim AI signed your guys because you already hit the 3 walkon cap.
11/1/2016 7:50 AM
Nevermind I figured it out, I clicked on the "must rescind scholarship link" on the main office page and it let me go to the page to rescind players.
11/1/2016 7:53 AM
Sorry, I'm not totally understanding. You're saying that you can rescind if you have 3 walkons. But if you don't have 3 walkons then you can't rescind?
11/1/2016 8:23 AM
I don't think you can rescind scholarships for players SIGNED in the first recruiting session that have yet to report to the team.

You can rescind players who are currently ON the team (and just finished playing). You don't need to rescind any walkon players, they are already taken care of.
11/1/2016 11:01 AM
Yes, they were signed by SIM AI at the end of last year for the start of this year, so I was able to cut them before the 2nd session started.
11/1/2016 11:45 AM
Would be nice to allow rescinding to happen, even if there were limits on it. It happens in real life... right WIS... we're always striving for RL.......

Had comments in another thread... but recently coming back to a few worlds and being forced to take SIMMY guys for a year sucks.

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=497419
11/1/2016 5:11 PM
This is a little confusing but I had a similar (possibly identical) question. I just took over a DIII school and recruiting just began. I have 2 open scholarships for next season, but I'd like to sign 3-4 guys. How do I rescind scholarships for current players so I can receive the extra scouting/recruiting funds? I'm just looking for the option since I don't see it anywhere. Do I have to wait until the 2nd recruiting session?

Thanks!
11/2/2016 1:22 PM
Posted by mlitney on 11/2/2016 1:22:00 PM (view original):
This is a little confusing but I had a similar (possibly identical) question. I just took over a DIII school and recruiting just began. I have 2 open scholarships for next season, but I'd like to sign 3-4 guys. How do I rescind scholarships for current players so I can receive the extra scouting/recruiting funds? I'm just looking for the option since I don't see it anywhere. Do I have to wait until the 2nd recruiting session?

Thanks!
You have to wait until the day it says in World Schedule to 'Player rescind scholarship start'.

You can cut SIM recruited players and you get cash/APs for them. Who else you can get cash/APs for, I don't know (if you cut a player you recruited or another human recruited, I'm not sure as I have not done it).
11/2/2016 1:28 PM
Oh wow, I didn't look that far down on the schedule yet. Thanks a ton for your response!
11/2/2016 1:47 PM
I haven't gotten to this yet but will in the morning;"Nevermind I figured it out, I clicked on the "must rescind scholarship link" on the main office page and it let me go to the page to rescind players."
I don't see the link now so apparently it shows up somewhere on the "main" Office page at 2am?
Thanks.
1/9/2017 4:53 PM
Posted by cp49 on 1/9/2017 4:53:00 PM (view original):
I haven't gotten to this yet but will in the morning;"Nevermind I figured it out, I clicked on the "must rescind scholarship link" on the main office page and it let me go to the page to rescind players."
I don't see the link now so apparently it shows up somewhere on the "main" Office page at 2am?
Thanks.
On main page, if you click on the second column "Coaching", then the bottom item "Manage Roster", you should be able to rescind scholarships and redshirt players.

By the way, under the column "Schedule", then "World Schedule" it will show you the window of time available for each of these actions. Rescinding a scholarship becomes available on the morning of the first day of Recruiting Session 2.

Good luck!
1/9/2017 4:57 PM
Just what I needed to know. Thanks, npb!
1/10/2017 5:14 PM
How to rescind scholly Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.