Early Entries/Attention Points Needs a Hotfix Topic

Is it time for the group sex hug now?
12/1/2016 8:00 PM
Posted by Benis on 12/1/2016 7:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/1/2016 7:55:00 PM (view original):
I'd much rather interact with someone who has a sense of humor than stick-up-his-*** zorzi.

If you prove to be funny, I'll buy you a season when you run out of credits. Or, if you'd like to dominate n00bs, and be funny, join the Little East in Smith. 11 owners from MG-HBD. We're funny and like a good one from the outside.
I'm pretty funny.

This one time in Buffalo on Halloween, I did a keg stand and when these random party goers lifted me in the air the pants/underwear on my costume slid up and my weiner popped out. I didn't even stop, I just kept going. I have a picture of it.

True story.
I think they pantsed you. You were the BUTT of the joke.

Nonetheless, no picture required, please, but what was the costume? That might add to the funny. Or detract.
12/1/2016 8:01 PM
Posted by snafu4u on 12/1/2016 8:00:00 PM (view original):
Is it time for the group sex hug now?
I'll need more than of few of whatever zorzi was drinking when he started talking about "name pointing" for that.
12/1/2016 8:03 PM
Posted by snafu4u on 12/1/2016 6:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 12/1/2016 6:28:00 PM (view original):
"Spud-- A lower tier D+ school should not be competing for a recruit with an A- Big 6 school. That recruit should be out of there league. That is a reflection of how things really work."

This is HD, not RL. In HD, that idea is a reflection of a sense of entitlement and incomplete understanding of 3.0. While common in RL, it isn't even absolutely true there.
HD is supposed to be a reflection of real life. Hence why it is called a simulation. A statement like yours is a reflection of entitlement and incomplete understanding of real life.

Shoe/Koops well explained plan trivializes many of the obstacles actually presented. Someone posted it before but if I recall correctly only 20-25% of recruits have a "late" signing preference. From the start you can only target 1/4 of the recruit pool (making your recruiting budget really only worth 1/4 of its dollar amount). Of those, you can only hope to put enough AP in to unlock the ability to spend money in the second period, not actually make gains on these recruits. Any other team with a normal resource allocation can double to triple the amount of AP you can invest, putting you at an extreme AP deficit before you even get to send visits. Given how overpowered AP appear to be at the moment, this deficit means that you likely will never be able to attain VH status, and can hope to reach High and force a dice roll with the probability against you. He is incorrect that you can max out effort on 3 recruits, you will be able to max out 2.7 local recruits. In his example he referenced a total of 4 openings, and said you should be able to fill 1 or 2. So in a best case (flawed) scenario, a successful team that recruited excellent players has at best. the chance to fill two of the openings with backups? I fail to see any fairness in punishing success like that.

And moreover, I asked how would YOU allocate resources. Koop/shoe has proven to be a better coach that you by any measure, yet you are the one telling us all to stop being entitled and plan for EE's. I want to know how YOU would approach the situation. You know, how would YOU, specifically, plan for it?
With 4 scholarships, at 3k each, + base of 5k, you have 17k. Local recruits can cost under 5k to go all in, if they're local enough. Where are you getting 2.7 from?
12/1/2016 8:03 PM
I'd much rather interact with someone who has a sense of humor than stick-up-his-*** zorzi.

If you prove to be funny, I'll buy you a season when you run out of credits. Or, if you'd like to dominate n00bs, and be funny, join the Little East in Smith. 11 owners from MG-HBD. We're funny and like a good one from the outside.
I'm pretty funny.

This one time in Buffalo on Halloween, I did a keg stand and when these random party goers lifted me in the air the pants/underwear on my costume slid up and my weiner popped out. I didn't even stop, I just kept going. I have a picture of it.

True story.
This is why I am never taking advice from anyone but you ever again in ever. TTIWWOP
12/1/2016 8:04 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/1/2016 8:01:00 PM (view original):

I'm pretty funny.

True story.

Nonetheless, no picture required, please, but what was the costume? That might add to the funny. Or detract.
Eh it wasn't a great costume. Just some weird purple suit thing I picked up from a church basement. The pants had an elastic waistband so easy to pull down.

This other time on Halloween at Cornell I was a smurf. I used food coloring to dye my entire body. I made out with this girl for a little while and it turned her whole face blue and we parted ways. Then later on in the night at the party we saw some random dude with a blue face too.

For the record, I'm pretty sure the dude got the blue face from the girl I made out with. 97.5% sure it wasn't me who made out with the dude.
12/1/2016 8:07 PM
Dammit, pkoop!!!

Benis was just about to admit to wearing a Princess costume when the dudes at the fraternity pantsed him. Then you got all serious.
12/1/2016 8:07 PM
Posted by Benis on 12/1/2016 8:07:00 PM (view original):

I'm pretty funny.

True story.

Eh it wasn't a great costume. Just some weird purple suit thing I picked up from a church basement. The pants had an elastic waistband so easy to pull down.

This other time on Halloween at Cornell I was a smurf. I used food coloring to dye my entire body. I made out with this girl for a little while and it turned her whole face blue and we parted ways. Then later on in the night at the party we saw some random dude with a blue face too.

For the record, I'm pretty sure the dude got the blue face from the girl I made out with. 97.5% sure it wasn't me who made out with the dude.
Sounds like a random dice roll to me!!!!!!
12/1/2016 8:09 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/1/2016 8:09:00 PM (view original):

I'm pretty funny.

True story.

Hot asian girl - very high
Random frat bro - moderate
12/1/2016 8:13 PM
But, under the current system, you have to admit that there was a slight chance that you and random frat bro hooked up, right?
12/1/2016 8:15 PM
"With 4 scholarships, at 3k each, + base of 5k, you have 17k. Local recruits can cost under 5k to go all in, if they're local enough. Where are you getting 2.7 from?"

Koop

1) I thought you blocked me, no fair blocking me on one account but then reading all my awesome rants on the other. Seriously man, pick a side.

2) I thought you get $2k per EE in the second session? That would make a total of $14k to use (assuming you didn't spend ANYTHING in the first session, a very risky prospect). A recruit at 100 miles costs just about $5k on the nose to go "all-in" on, so 14000/5000 = 2.8. My bad, 2.8 not 2.7, did the math in my head the first time around. I also suck at head math.
12/1/2016 8:16 PM
Posted by Benis on 12/1/2016 8:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/1/2016 8:09:00 PM (view original):

I'm pretty funny.

True story.

Hot asian girl - very high
Random frat bro - moderate
Are you sure that when you made that last HV it didn't bump him up to High?
12/1/2016 8:16 PM
possumfiend = obvious alias of mine

No one else is funny. Except for maybe snafu and the making out with frat dude benis
12/1/2016 8:18 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/1/2016 8:15:00 PM (view original):
But, under the current system, you have to admit that there was a slight chance that you and random frat bro hooked up, right?
I mean, there was a dice roll, so Benis at least had a "High" level of interest. You don't get blue face dice rolls from moderate. You need to be high.
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/1/2016 8:15:00 PM (view original):
yeah as stated, 2.5% chance of making out... I mean signing, with frat bro
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14|15 Next ▸
Early Entries/Attention Points Needs a Hotfix Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.