DH52 conversation pit Topic

Early for Shaq? he usually goes 7-9
11/4/2016 10:14 AM
Yeah I wouldn't pass on LeBron, Curry, and Kareem. But it's not like he took (name a undrafted player), Shaq is great. A pretty easy guy to build around, just probably could've traded down a few spot and still got him.
11/4/2016 12:32 PM (edited)
Posted by jt7king on 11/4/2016 12:32:00 PM (view original):
Yeah I wouldn't pass on LeBron, Curry, and Kareem. But it's not like he took (name a undrafted player), Shaq is great. A pretty easy guy to build around, just probably could've traded down a few spot and still got him.
I think that this league a plan is much more important than best man available. The reason it sticks out a bit is that, for the time being, he is a roster of one.
11/4/2016 1:20 PM
Eh, yeah you need a plan but I usually tailor my plans to the best guy(s) I can get in the first two rounds. Not trashing the pick, my point was that #2 is a prime slot. You can move down and still get Shaq (or a similar player) if you really want him, maybe bump up your 2nd and 4th rounders at the least.
11/4/2016 1:39 PM
I DID admit it was a bit early for Shaq. As for LBJ, Curry, and Kareem: I like getting an elite big man to start, I find it makes things easier for me. Double trouble for LeBron, because there are plenty of solid wings to be had in later rounds. Do any have his usg-efg killer combo with good defense? No, but I can settle for 2 of 3 in rounds 4-6. And I had a crap fest with Kareem 3 seasons ago that allowed me to draft Wilt. So I took Shaq.
11/4/2016 1:55 PM
I also didn't want to hold up the draft too much by looking to trade down
11/4/2016 1:59 PM (edited)
Team Rosters & Evals

1. jcred5 - Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Walton, Gary Payton, Nicolas Batum, Clarence Weatherspoon, Ed Davis, Mike Miller
2. hoopsdude - Shaquille O'Neal, Donyell Marshall, Tracy McGrady, Jerry Lucas, Fat Lever, David West, Jason Richardson
3. jhsukow - LeBron James, Stephen Curry, Kevin Love, Bo Outlaw, Larry Sanders, Bob Lanier, Michael Smith

The perfect backcourt. It doesn't get any better. This would be hard to screw up and unfortunately for the rest of us, I don't think you did. We were screwed from the start. I knew Love,Boozer,Bynum,Gasol,Reed etc would be available with your 5th rounder. That gives you the needed 3rd scorer and makes it easy to fill in the rest of the minutes since usg wouldn't be needed. Some thought Reed should be the choice, but I like the Love pick. He's the better offensive player, rebounder, and plays cleaner. Defense is his main flaw but that was taken care of with the Outlaw and Sanders picks. Outlaw was the perfect pick at SF with his super low usg. You need guys like that with LeBron and Curry on the floor. Sanders was a gift from the rest of us to you. Not many guys left in the late 6th that can rebound and defend like he does. Smith is the best rebounder at SF not named Rodman(no really, he is..look it up) and makes a great backup to Bo. I'd be terrified of this team if it wasn't for Lanier. I've never been a fan. Not sure why when you look at his %s. Maybe he's underrated, I don't know. But I know I don't like him for this team. It's true you needed some usg behind Love and Sanders, but anything over 17.5 would have been fine. Lanier might eat into Lebron/Curry shots. I'd have looked for a guy with higher oreb% and paint scoring. Zelmo Beaty maybe? Regardless of my Lanier hate, I'm still pretty scared.

4. cjok1051 - Elton Brand, Amare Stoudemire, Tom Boerwinkle, Kevin Johnson, Nate McMillan, Jason Terry, Paul Pierce
5. ysw128 - Michael Jordan, Hassan Whiteside, Marques Johnson, Mark Price, Charles Oakley, Joel Przybilla, Grant Hill
6. thomcat - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Julius Erving, Klay Thompson, Emeka Okafor, Mark Jackson, Jonas Valanciunas, Jon Barry
7. copernicus - Moses Malone, Terry Porter, Mookie Blaylock, Andrew Bynum, Kenneth Faried, Swen Nater, Bernard King

I'm sure you've seen many changes in your time here at WIS, but I bet one constant(besides sh!tty customer service) has been 78-79 Moses' presence in the top 10 in draft leagues. Just an awesome combo of rebounding, paint scoring, D, FTAs, and low fouls. I wonder, if you knew Mookie would be available in the 3rd, would you still pick Porter? I still like the double PG combo here, but there were some big impact players in the late 2nd I like much better than Porter. Anyway, what the hell was Mookie doing in the mid 3rd? No way do I take KJ or GP ahead of him. I like 96-97 Mookie better but I'm guessing you picked 94-95 to keep the SG usg over 22%. Add me to the list of people who thought Bynum would be available in the 5th. Another big with crazy low fp48. I was actually looking at that King season myself before I went with Kobe. Poor defense and no 3s, but what an awesome scorer. Low top48 too. Wow! Faried and Nater added to Moses? They're gonna be fighting each other for all those missed Mookie 3s. There won't be many other misses to clean up. Almost seems wasted on this team. But it could also turn this into an even better offense. That's good for you since I think you'll be relying on outscoring teams with that suspect defense. Tough team to get a read on.

8. uptowngbv - Dennis Rodman, Anthony Davis, James Harden, Carlos Boozer, Goran Dragic, Yao Ming, Sergio Rodriguez
9. samuelyork93 - Larry Bird, Bill Russell, Andre Drummond, Rajon Rondo, Chris Mullin, Kenny Anderson, Jalen Rose

Bird over the next 5 guys is the wrong pick imo if you're going by best player available. But if you really want to use Bird, this is a fine spot to take him. He's clearly a top 20 player. He has 3 good seasons to choose from, but for me it's always 87-88. That's the best scoring Bird, and unless you need his 84-85 D or his 86-87 98%SG, I'm taking the bada$s can-drop-40-at-any-time Bird. I don't think Russell is worth a 2nd anymore. Just too many guys available that bring more to the table. Especially now that most of the low usg boarders are falling to the 3rd. You got one yourself in Drummond. The Russell/Drummond pairing forces Rondo into a 3rd scorer role which doesn't suit him. I like Price better in the 4th but then you miss out on Rondo's great defense and passing. Tough call there. You ****** me off with the Mullin pick. I was all set to pencil him in as my SG. I actually think the guy I ended up taking, Kobe, was the better fit for your team while Mullin would be the better fit on my team. Wanna trade? haha Overall, you're really solid in a lot of areas but I just don't like the offensive flow. I think Russell was the downfall here.

10. mikee1 - Karl Malone, Deron Williams, Dikembe Mutombo, Terrell Brandon, Wesley Person, Charlie Edge, Blake Griffin
11. milest - David Robinson, Kawhi Leonard, Chris Webber, Clifford Ray, Pau Gasol, Alvin Robertson, Al Horford
12. eleibowitz - Dwight Howard, Manu Ginobili, Marcus Camby, Serge Ibaka, Kyle Lowry, Tony Parker, John Henson
13. jt7king - Chris Paul, Alonzo Mourning, Shawn Kemp, Larry Nance, Kris Humphries, Jeff Teague, Kyle Korver

CP3 is the only PG I would consider drafting in the top 16. Great player to build around. He leaves you out of the mad rush to grab a PG that usually happens in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. He also makes finding a SG super easy since you aren't worried about ast% or defense at the 1/2. Zo was an easy pick in the 2nd. Great paint scoring and defense is hard to find. Looks like you doubled down on the paint scoring and D in the 3rd with Kemp. And why not? He gives you 48 min of great paint scoring and D at either the 4 or 5 and a great start on making up for Zo's poor rebounding. Humphries was the perfect guy to fill the rest of the 4/5 mins. Nance in the mid 4th would be a huge steal in years past. But I think late 3rd/early 4th is about right these days. I'm a 91-92 Nance guy myself(super clean), but 82-83 isn't all that different. Korver and his 3s are a great fit next to CP3. I didn't care for the Teague pick. Perfect backup to CP3 but I feel like it's too much usg when they share the backcourt. Nasty D with CP3 keeping the high efg% bigs fed all day. I like it.

14. slymonium - Charles Barkley, Ben Wallace, Clyde Drexler, Jose Calderon, Andrew Bogut, Paul Millsap, Jamaal Tinsley
15. vancem - Dwyane Wade, Chauncey Billups, Buck Williams, Tree Rollins, Arvydas Sabonis, Cedric Maxwell, Michael Redd
16. dh555 - Kevin Durant, Steve Nash, Rudy Gobert, Tyson Chandler, Kobe Bryant, Jameer Nelson, Samuel Dalembert
17. beachhouse - Jason Kidd, Magic Johnson, Charlie Ward, Bismack Biyombo, Reggie Evans, Cedric Ceballos, Connie Hawkins
18. longtallbrad - Tim Duncan, Scottie Pippen, Gerald Wallace, Derek Harper, Willis Reed, Anderson Varejao, Cole Aldrich
19. bds9992 - Bob McAdoo, Hakeem Olajuwon, Ray Allen, Bobby Jones, George Hill, Don Buse, David Lee
20. jkaye24 - John Stockton, DeAndre Jordan, Patrick Ewing, Horace Grant, Carmelo Anthony, Enes Kanter, J.R. Smith
21. pennsylvania - Artis Gilmore, Oscar Robertson, Brent Barry, Mel Daniels, Alex English, Greg Oden, J.J. Redick
22. maglor1 - Kevin Garnett, Kevin McHale, Jerry West, Walt Frazier, Eric Bledsoe, Mark Eaton, Jimmy Butler
23. amerk1180 - Anfernee Hardaway, Draymond Green, Joakim Noah, Andrei Kirilenko, Robert Parish, Roy Tarpley, Kirk Hinrich
24. banditone - Shawn Marion, Karl-Anthony Towns, Mo Cheeks, Paul Westphal, Dominique Wilkins, Leandro Barbosa, Chris Gatling
11/14/2016 6:34 PM (edited)
the jhsukow trade is almost identical to the jt7king trade in the odl....i think its going to work out better here since you have more cash to surround the two expensive superstars...but i also think the lebron/curry pairing is much better than shaq/howard pair based on the quality on available big men later on...its tough to find a quality backcourt in the 5th/6th rounds, and in jt7kings case in the odl, an affordable one

hopefully we dont leave jh any 3rd/4th round talents for him to take in the 5th
11/4/2016 8:44 PM
i love my spot at 16....imo there is a drop off after that in terms guys id want to build around...id be shocked if the next 4 names off the board arent the 4 im thinking of...ill be happy to draft whoever is left(though i am getting tired of drafting the guy i think will be left)
11/4/2016 8:47 PM
You'll probably steal the better of two guys I am thinking of lol.
11/4/2016 9:25 PM
Posted by dh555 on 11/4/2016 8:44:00 PM (view original):
the jhsukow trade is almost identical to the jt7king trade in the odl....i think its going to work out better here since you have more cash to surround the two expensive superstars...but i also think the lebron/curry pairing is much better than shaq/howard pair based on the quality on available big men later on...its tough to find a quality backcourt in the 5th/6th rounds, and in jt7kings case in the odl, an affordable one

hopefully we dont leave jh any 3rd/4th round talents for him to take in the 5th
Yeah when you trade up you almost have to get a guy with some assists as one of the two firsts. There's some guys late but most have warts.
11/4/2016 10:04 PM
I like the thought of having 4 drafted players by the 52nd pick.
11/5/2016 9:17 AM
I feel like the trade worked out for me.
11/5/2016 11:42 AM
wow @ the McAdoo and KATownes picks
11/5/2016 12:04 PM
Posted by copernicus on 11/5/2016 12:04:00 PM (view original):
wow @ the McAdoo and KATownes picks
McAdoo's really that much of a reach? High volume efficient scorers that play D are hard to find.
11/5/2016 12:06 PM
1|2|3...10 Next ▸
DH52 conversation pit Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.