Low Control Pitchers Topic

What's the lowest control you've seen of a ML quality pitcher? I had a guy who was a 55 who made the HOF, but his other numbers were in the 90's. Could a guy have a 30? I've not seen it, but want to see what the cutoff is theoretically...
11/4/2016 3:34 PM
Of course it depends on what their other ratings are, but I haven't seen anything lower than low 50s for control in an effective ML pitcher. I do think relievers can still more effective with lesser control, but that's based on my experience. May not apply to everyone. Also depends on the park they play in. Mediocre control will hurt a pitcher less in a ballpark that favors pitchers.
11/4/2016 5:54 PM
I've got 40s on all my staffs. Lowest I've ever used is 38(I think). If the other ratings stack up, the low control guys will have above league average WHIP with below league average ERA. Biggest problem is that it takes more pitches to get out of an inning. And they're not as consistent as high control guys.

Player Profile: Esmerling Rios - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Player Profile: Humberto Rivas - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Player Profile: Rymer Gallardo - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports

11/4/2016 6:38 PM
Spud Jorgensen once had a very good half season as a LR. Even won a Player of the Week award. Maxed out at 35 Control. But yes he only made the majors because someone else got injured, and I was out of contention.

11/4/2016 7:16 PM
Low Control Pitchers Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.