If you only have 1 QB on your roster, does he play 100% of the game, or does the AI pull a player from another position if his fatigue level drops too low?
11/5/2016 6:21 PM
I believe(not sure) that the A.I. would sub a P or K once the qb drops below the level you set for him to rest. That would result in many bad things happening.
Terrible situation but your best bet is probably set your QB Sub level to very low.
Next recruiting, get 2 qbs. Redshirt 1 and play the other one as backup.
11/5/2016 6:55 PM
see my new post for rookies
11/6/2016 1:18 AM
He will play until he drops dead. Players from other positions only applies when you have 0 players available ( so if you don't have a QB then the punter would be selected and so forth).
11/7/2016 5:14 AM
Posted by genuvar on 11/7/2016 5:14:00 AM (view original):
He will play until he drops dead. Players from other positions only applies when you have 0 players available ( so if you don't have a QB then the punter would be selected and so forth).
Alright cool. I hope this is case because otherwise I don't see the point in having more than one until your starter is a returning Junior. RS the recruit during your starter's junior year, he rides the pine his RS Freshman year then starts his RS Soph year.
11/7/2016 9:19 AM
Posted by mdodge13 on 11/7/2016 9:19:00 AM (view original):
Posted by genuvar on 11/7/2016 5:14:00 AM (view original):
Alright cool. I hope this is case because otherwise I don't see the point in having more than one until your starter is a returning Junior. RS the recruit during your starter's junior year, he rides the pine his RS Freshman year then starts his RS Soph year.
I respectfully disagree with this. My two cents is that I've found that formation IQ plays a big role with QBs, more than any other position. Starting a RS sophomore, you are going to throw more picks than normal and struggle against the powerhouse programs, especially at the IA and IAA levels. I know most like signing a QB every year. I like signing one every other year. This way you always start a RS junior and have him for two years as the starter. I know it doesn't sound like much of a difference between a RS jr. and a RS sophomore starter at QB, but formation IQ is the key.
11/7/2016 6:10 PM
I think thats pretty much what dodge said
11/7/2016 6:23 PM
His last sentence says to start them when they are a sophomore.
11/7/2016 6:24 PM
RS Sophmore year means Junior year technically.
11/7/2016 10:56 PM
And when you are going gainst the best that aint good enuff.
11/8/2016 2:48 AM
Well I se a lot of, "that won't be good enough" and not a lot of actual numbers. I can have a RS Freshman in the 40's formation IQ (I practice only one formation) by the end of their actual freshman year. So what's an acceptable IQ number? Because by the time I start my QB they're in the 60's+ depending on Work ethic etc. I feel that a formation IQ of 60+ is acceptable.
11/8/2016 7:12 AM
Currently I'm at D2 in one world and D3 in another. I know that in D1 IQ should be in 80's+ right?
11/8/2016 7:14 AM
Posted by mdodge13 on 11/8/2016 7:12:00 AM (view original):
Well I se a lot of, "that won't be good enough" and not a lot of actual numbers. I can have a RS Freshman in the 40's formation IQ (I practice only one formation) by the end of their actual freshman year. So what's an acceptable IQ number? Because by the time I start my QB they're in the 60's+ depending on Work ethic etc. I feel that a formation IQ of 60+ is acceptable.
My Jr Qb on one of my teams has a 74 formation IQ. Personally , the higher the better . If I have 2 qb and one is slightly better than the other I will take the slightly worse numbers if he has a higher formation iq by 10+.
11/8/2016 6:05 PM
Posted by mojolad on 11/8/2016 6:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mdodge13 on 11/8/2016 7:12:00 AM (view original):
My Jr Qb on one of my teams has a 74 formation IQ. Personally , the higher the better . If I have 2 qb and one is slightly better than the other I will take the slightly worse numbers if he has a higher formation iq by 10+.
I feel ya. I prefer higher iq too and perhaps will change my outlook in the future. interceptions are nasty.
11/9/2016 12:41 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.