Chase for the Trophy - S126 D-IA NC Race Topic

A little something to get you through this Monday.

D-IA Chase for the Trophy
11/7/2016 8:00 PM
Math is hard.
11/7/2016 11:13 PM
That's what I'm nerds computers are for.
11/7/2016 11:47 PM
This is awesome. Very well done.

Today's rankings may have possibly had a big impact on the NC race. With VT now sliding into first, they have a chance to escape the 1-loss, post CC fall that we have seen before.

I'm glad to see that the Red River Rivalry will also have big implications. I believe that an Oklahoma win almost guarantees a VT appearance in the championship game. However, a Texas win could make things very difficult. And with all of that going on, VT has to beat a pesky UNC squad. Tomorrow is going to be a lot of fun.
11/9/2016 11:26 PM
Posted by cjsweat on 11/9/2016 11:26:00 PM (view original):
This is awesome. Very well done.

Today's rankings may have possibly had a big impact on the NC race. With VT now sliding into first, they have a chance to escape the 1-loss, post CC fall that we have seen before.

I'm glad to see that the Red River Rivalry will also have big implications. I believe that an Oklahoma win almost guarantees a VT appearance in the championship game. However, a Texas win could make things very difficult. And with all of that going on, VT has to beat a pesky UNC squad. Tomorrow is going to be a lot of fun.
Thanks. I was excited to see this methodology come together, myself.

Next time I do this, I'll be able to spend more time on the writing aspect and less on the "how to make Excel and R do software things to make the data." I was rushed this time and so I felt my write-up was clumsy and did not explore the implications and scenarios sufficiently.

But I agree - HUGE game between the Sooners and Longhorns today. As well, that UNC team has given me FITS since I joined, so I take nothing for granted, even with this halftime lead. UNC is very, very talented and they've overcome large second-half deficits to beat me before.
11/10/2016 2:12 PM
And let's not forget about the ACC Championship game, against... WHO KNOWS?! There is a three-way tie between BC, FSU and MD, with their WIS Rankings (prior today's update) being #14, #15 and #18.

To take a line from Kevin Garnett - ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE!
11/10/2016 2:50 PM
Chase for the Trophy - S126 D-IA NC Race Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.