FULL-Josh Gibson Topic

Josh Gibson, the merged world version, has 5 Openings for season 3 available now. Like Ross and Rachel, we have been "on a break" for a few weeks but are now ready to roll. Please join us to pay homage to one of the greats of the Negro leagues and to take a shot at dethroning the defending champion, Atlanta Gold Club. On a related but non-relevant note, the real Atlanta Gold Club was quite a place. If you enjoy stories about one of the most glorious adult entertainment clubs ever, you should read up on this now defunct haven of drugs, murder and strippers. If you are lucky, we may even tell a true story or two.

Here are the available clubs:

NL West

Seattle Franchise- Previous owner seemed like he was setting up for a rebuild as the club dropped from 70 to 57 wins. But then he bailed! You can step in a finish the process in a very winnable division. OR, 83 wins finished first so if you are impatient and like to spend in FA. This is for you! Ricardo Tatis and Michel Cedeno are still young, nice players to build around.

AL North

Fargo Franchise- Good team. Over 90 wins and first place finishes the last two seasons. If you are a trophy hunter, this is a good one. There are quite a few real good players tht are around 30 yrs old on this ML roster. Still time to win. Add a few pieces and off you go.

AL East
Cleveland Franchise- Won 106 just two seasons ago. Looks like the previous owner lost interest and let things sour. Step in and take his one to the playoffs year one. 1B Willie Sardinas can MASH HRs. Ralph Carp is a solid top of the rotation SP. I like this team.

AL South

Memphis Franchise- Decent team in a tough division. Probably best to trade away pieces and start gathering young talent while you watch Atlanta win 100+. Or, if you are competitive, like me, you can say "screw it" and sign FAs to complement an already good roster in the hope that you can get into the playoffs where anything can happen.

Richmond Franchise- This team needs an enema! Tear what's left down and start over. Rebuilds are fun and this team is perfect. I hope a long term owner sees the light at the end of the tunnel on this one. Good news is that there are still a few good ML pieces that you can trade.

Please come join us this week so we can play by the weekend! Sitemail me at tenaciousdx or our commish, tdfactory, for entry or if you have questions.

Play Ball!

11/14/2016 7:59 AM (edited)
Bump
11/8/2016 9:39 PM
Bump
11/9/2016 9:55 AM
Come join us today, some good opportunities available and since it is still early in the world, you can put your stamp on the future of these franchises!
11/10/2016 10:10 AM
Still sitting on 5. Let's play ball!
11/10/2016 10:14 AM
This sucks that this is happening, although I think predicted by quite a few folks. Mergers aren't the answer, and it's a shame that all the leagues records are gone and you guys are still stuck not filling up.

I will try to promote you guys in my other worlds, b/c I know the core of this world are great guys.
11/10/2016 10:37 AM
Bump
11/10/2016 7:51 PM
Come join us today. Good teams available!
11/11/2016 10:41 AM
Bump
11/11/2016 11:56 PM
Bump
11/12/2016 5:48 PM
Bump
11/13/2016 8:55 PM
Only two left. Make the move and we play tomorrow!
11/14/2016 7:59 AM
"How are we not full yet? We should be 50 points ahead!"-HRC
11/14/2016 1:36 PM
Bump
11/14/2016 8:42 PM
Bump
11/16/2016 4:16 PM
12 Next ▸
FULL-Josh Gibson Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.