I just had an OL team placed in a 90M TOC. This team has an active salary of just under 80M, with no AAA (I left them all in the minors at the deadline). Any idea as to why this team was placed in a 90M and not an 80M TOC?

I've sent in a ticket, but was wondering if anyone else has been through something similar.
11/8/2016 9:47 PM
I just found a similar situation with my OL team, placed in a 100M TOC.
11/8/2016 9:55 PM
Salary update?
11/8/2016 11:12 PM
Posted by bottomlee on 11/8/2016 11:12:00 PM (view original):
Salary update?
Oof, I think you're right. Just checked and the new team salary is 80.7M.

I actually built this team with the idea of getting into an 80M TOC...
11/8/2016 11:30 PM
So, to recap...

We have salary updates every 3 months. If you've got a theme team (or an OL team minus AAA, as I had in the above example) in an 80M or 100M or whatever cap league, chances are by the time that team is eligible for the TOC it will have had its salary bumped to just over 80M or 100M or whatever. So instead of, say, a 79.9M team in an 80M TOC, you've got an 80.7M team in a 90M TOC.

The only apparent way to avoid this fate is if your team begins play shortly after a salary update, and you manage to qualify for the TOC before the next update hits. (Well, there's one other way to avoid this fate -- if your team's salary doesn't go up. But in my experience at least all my teams have gone up a bit.)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the salary updates themselves -- I love them. But it seems to me if you drafted a 79.9M team, it's not your fault that two months later the team's been "reappraised" as an 80.7M team. Is there any good reason why salaries couldn't be "frozen" once a team has started play in an OL or theme league?
11/15/2016 10:25 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.