Isn't that exactly what I said?
11/9/2016 6:00 PM
While this was ultimately NOT the way I was hoping or expecting things to turn out last night, I've tried to find a silver lining. Here's what I've come up with:

1) This was (maybe) a mandate from the public that "politics as usual" has to give way to a new political paradigm in this country.
2) The rotating oligarchy between the Bush and Clinton families has finally come to an end.
3) Trump is not a strict conservative, nor is he a true Republican. Hopefully the "us versus them" mindset of liberals/conservatives and Democrats/Republicans has weakened.

Or . . . maybe this is just a YUUUGE clusterfuck.
11/9/2016 6:02 PM
First, I'm having a lot more fun today than I thought I would. I think Trump will be a disaster but I rooted for Obama so I'm all "Go Trump!" now.

Second, piggybacking on tec's thought, Trump isn't a conservative or a Republican. He's a businessman who saw an opportunity. I'm hoping his YUUUGGGE ego kicks in and he realizes he can make a legacy far more long-standing than a building with his name on it. With any luck, he'll do everything to Make America Great Again even if it forces him to cross standard party lines. Maybe both sides will hate him. But, being Trump, he'll twitter us to death when he tries to do something right and is blocked by Congress. And, maybe, they'll be held accountable.

Or, and it's better than a 50/50 chance, Trump will talk about his real estate development in Ireland during his State of the Union speeches and just be Trump.
11/9/2016 6:09 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/9/2016 6:10:00 PM (view original):
First, I'm having a lot more fun today than I thought I would. I think Trump will be a disaster but I rooted for Obama so I'm all "Go Trump!" now.

Second, piggybacking on tec's thought, Trump isn't a conservative or a Republican. He's a businessman who saw an opportunity. I'm hoping his YUUUGGGE ego kicks in and he realizes he can make a legacy far more long-standing than a building with his name on it. With any luck, he'll do everything to Make America Great Again even if it forces him to cross standard party lines. Maybe both sides will hate him. But, being Trump, he'll twitter us to death when he tries to do something right and is blocked by Congress. And, maybe, they'll be held accountable.

Or, and it's better than a 50/50 chance, Trump will talk about his real estate development in Ireland during his State of the Union speeches and just be Trump.
Yep. And BL is a YUUUUGE f*****g idiot!
11/9/2016 6:18 PM
Hard to disagree with that.

I imagine, being a crossbreed Repub/Dem, Trump and I agree on a lot of things. Many of the "personal choice" things, I don't care. Abortion, SSM, don't care. I bet he's harsh on marijuana legalization, I'm not, but I don't smoke so if he fights it, don't care. Like moy, I'm far more concerned with where my money goes and how I get it in the first place. Trump speaks to me there. It's just the way he acted during the primaries that really turned me off. Children behave better. It's almost like he was an ******* posting on a simsite forum, where there are no real consequences, and I'd like my Prez to be better.

Maybe the ****** will grow on me. Or maybe he'll fight with Rosie on Twitter at 3 AM when Russia is invading Texas. We'll see.
11/9/2016 6:24 PM
Posted by edsortails on 11/9/2016 5:43:00 PM (view original):
Demi's 'stayed home' because they were not as moved by their candidate as their candidate believed they were.
This. It's not the scandals. She was boring. It's a tough act trying to follow someone as charismatic as Obama.

Its why this isn't a mandate against DC. Obama's approval rating is high as hell.

People just werent moved by Clinton.

Lost bet to moy (Lbtm):

im a yuuuge ******* idiot.
11/9/2016 6:44 PM
She was boring for 37 years. Did it suddenly catch up to her?
11/9/2016 6:50 PM
Posted by edsortails on 11/9/2016 5:38:00 PM (view original):
I think telling people how they should think is a slippery slope.
I'm not telling them how to think. Just suggesting that thinking like a raging hatred filled racist may not be the best way.
11/9/2016 6:55 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/9/2016 6:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by edsortails on 11/9/2016 5:43:00 PM (view original):
Demi's 'stayed home' because they were not as moved by their candidate as their candidate believed they were.
This. It's not the scandals. She was boring. It's a tough act trying to follow someone as charismatic as Obama.

Its why this isn't a mandate against DC. Obama's approval rating is high as hell.

People just werent moved by Clinton.

Lost bet to moy (Lbtm):

im a yuuuge ******* idiot.
Even if you were an unmoved Clinton supporter, if you lived in a battleground state, wouldn't the threat of a possible Trump victory be enough to get you off your lazy unmotivated *** and vote for your boring candidate?

FYI, I ended up sticking to my original plan of voting for "none of the above" for President, as CT was predicted to have Clinton win by ~ 10% (which she did). But in the days leading up to the election, I was thinking that had I still been living in my home state of PA, I would have gone over to the dark side and voted for her to try to keep the orange buffoon away from the White House.

No bets needed for me. I heartily endorse you as a YUUUGE ******* idiot.
11/9/2016 6:56 PM
Its nice that we finally found something most of us can agree on!

BL is a YUUUUUUUGE ******* idiot!
11/9/2016 6:56 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 11/9/2016 6:56:00 PM (view original):
Its nice that we finally found something most of us can agree on!

BL is a YUUUUUUUGE ******* idiot!
It's a nice first step towards bringing a deeply divided nation together.
11/9/2016 6:57 PM
Posted by edsortails on 11/9/2016 5:39:00 PM (view original):
I do not approve of racism. But I hate a lot of things.

shouldnt I be allowed to hate things?
hate is a strong word. There's very little, if anything, that I actually hate.
11/9/2016 6:57 PM
Yes! BL being a YUUUUGE ******* idiot will bring this nation together!
11/9/2016 6:59 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 11/9/2016 5:48:00 PM (view original):
Dems stayed home because HRC didn't give them a compelling case to vote.

Apparently, "I'm not him" isn't a motivating platform.
It worked for me. Apparently "I'm not her" worked for a lot of people too.
11/9/2016 7:00 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 11/9/2016 6:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by edsortails on 11/9/2016 5:38:00 PM (view original):
I think telling people how they should think is a slippery slope.
I'm not telling them how to think. Just suggesting that thinking like a raging hatred filled racist may not be the best way.
How do you know?

Seems like it may give one purpose. Everyone needs a purpose in life.
11/9/2016 7:12 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.