Would you consider STR to be important for a db? I'm tweaking my practice plans and was curious what the community had to say. Thanks.
11/10/2016 8:38 AM
I factor STR into my evaluation of DB's. Less for CB's and more for S's. I also practice STR in my practice plans.
11/10/2016 9:13 AM
I don't look at it for DB's.
11/10/2016 12:21 PM
The sole reason I incorporated it in my analysis is this from a developer's chat:

Do the weights used in the default position roles accurately reflect the relative importance in gameplay for the attributes for each position? Since there are some major changes to current wisdom (i.e. str and tkl for db's now more important than gi and tec) will the FAQ section on primary and secondary attributes be updated? (mcbethbr - Hall of Famer - 2:20 PM)

The weights represent an overall representation of the position in terms of the Gridiron Dynasty and not necessarily just in game play. There are some categories that are included as a way to represent some importance placed on recruiting work ethic and stamina as well as the major roles in the category. For DB's in particular, the Str and Tkl matter slightly more than the Technique in general because of after catch tackles and defending the run. Since this number represents every possible play it is used in a more generic sense. Also, Game Instinct is currently higher then Str and Tkl for the default DB.

11/10/2016 12:50 PM
Tackle very important for DB's. STR?! Noope.
11/11/2016 11:19 PM
What the hell does this mean?

"There are some categories that are included as a way to represent some importance placed on recruiting work ethic and stamina as well as the major roles in the category."
11/15/2016 4:30 PM
I too factor it in. I look at it more when I'm recruiting a S as opposed to a CB. But if I see the other att's that I'm looking at in DB I will overlook one who's str is low. I also practice strength for DB's. But hey, I haven't won an NC in like 4 years so don't take what I say to the bank.
11/15/2016 5:28 PM
When I look at recruits for DB I usually just use Str as a way to figure out who I want to play S for me.
11/16/2016 9:03 PM
Ok thank you all
11/17/2016 7:59 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.