GD Fair Play Guidlines Topic

I was reading the "recruiting transparency" forum post and wanted to discuss cheating and collusion.

Here the rules that the site has posted for GD.

More than one team in the same world

One person (regardless of account used) cannot control more than one team in the same world within the same conference or within 1,000 miles or less of one another. Violation of this rule will lead to a forced relocation or removal from one of the teams.

If an owner finds himself in this situation due to accident, he should submit a support ticket and request to have himself transferred to a different school or removed from the world.

Collusive transactions

Collusion includes any act that supports bad, deceitful or illegal behavior agreed upon by two or more users or attempted by a single user. Here are a few examples:

• Discussing the pursuit of a recruit with another coach, including who is pursuing him and money that might have been spent.
  • Sharing Future Stars Scouting (FSS) information between multiple teams
  • Scheduling a non-conference game against an alias team (i.e. team owned by same owner in a different conference and more than 1,000 miles away). Exhibition games are permitted in this situation, however.
  • Any clear throwing of a game (normally indicated by massive lineup changes or settings changes)
  • Specifically targeting another coach is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, focusing on recruits a particular coach is pursuing in order to steal them or force the coach to overspend.
  • Attempting to persuade another user to participate in a collusive effort (only the initiator would be at fault unless agreed upon by other user)

Potential punishments

Each infraction is reviewed by customer service with a goal of consistent punishment. Some infractions are more egregious than others and users with a history of violating the guidelines receive stiffer punishment. The below is a list of potential punishments for any of the above infractions:

1. Warning via sitemail (or conference chat if directed at the conference in general)
  2. Losing recruiting money
  3. Coach reputation hit
  4. Removal of players/recruits (including releasing a signed recruit from a team)
  5. School prestige hit
  6. Removal of coach from team
  7. Banning of user from site
11/12/2016 5:04 PM
Wanted to talk about collusion.

Saw in the other thread people talking about mailing each other about recruits. Looks like it is a clear violation of the rule of the site. One of the guilty parties of such an instance even admitted as much, then explained exactly how the collusion took place. I understand that he did not see it as collusion, but it was, by definition, collusion.

Now I am wondering how widespread this problem is.

Also recall someone saying that WIS may or may not read the forums or even care what is going on with the site.

These are not really rules at all if they have no teeth or are just ignored by the site. We have to police each other?

These two coaches don't feel like they have done anything wrong. They did it in a private site-mail. They now benefit and the other coaches recruiting against them suffer. No one finds out until someone slips up and says something on a forum. We all see it. Nothing happens.

Seems problematic to those that feel like they did in fact cheat. Or the coaches that don't know this is going on and are losing recruits to coaches that are breaking the rules.

This is impossible to stop unless WIS starts going NSA and reading our site-mails.

I really wanted to discuss this with those smarter than me.

My Oregon St Beavers have only one human team in my region. There are not a lot of recruits in our area, really only enough for one team to be decent. It would greatly benefit us both if we talked out our recruiting plans and split the players that we wanted to split, and fought after the players that we could not agree on. Then we would have extra money to fight USC! It would be great for me, the other team in my region, and the pac12. It would be harder for USC, but he already has built in advantages recruiting.

So why not email each other and work out something?

If we don't work something out I am forced to break another rule, the one about targeting a coach. I am forced to target all of his recruits because there are not enough in our area for the both of us.

How about if we do the cheating on the forum so all the other coaches can see what we are doing, then its not secretive, and its not collusion. It still might be cheating though. But at least the other coaches will know what kinds of plots are against them.

I was also thinking that collusion between coaches in the same conference against a rival conference should be allowed and encouraged. Pac12 vs. Big10! We could discuss scheduling strategies and focus on taking down one another. Some would work together, others would not be interested. Could be cool.

Thoughts?
11/12/2016 6:01 PM
Just read a post about a season renewal glitch.

Does anyone know if this has been fixed?
11/12/2016 7:57 PM
Specifically targeting another coach is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, focusing on recruits a particular coach is pursuing in order to steal them or force the coach to overspend.

This is interesting seeing some of the Poaching Recruit comments in another thread.
11/12/2016 8:16 PM
I believe the season renewal glitch has been fixed. But, I also believe that if you resign from a team, and no one picks them up during the changing job period, then you can get your team back during the time when new coaches can join and everything will reset. This assumes that you didn't pick up a team.
11/13/2016 12:10 AM
someone needs to check mmacharg, canes4life, dickofdeath and who knows how any other id's this guy has in all the worlds that is not legal.
11/14/2016 7:56 PM
Posted by waregl72 on 11/12/2016 8:16:00 PM (view original):
Specifically targeting another coach is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, focusing on recruits a particular coach is pursuing in order to steal them or force the coach to overspend.

This is interesting seeing some of the Poaching Recruit comments in another thread.
My thoughts exactly....
11/14/2016 8:00 PM
Posted by SNIX on 11/14/2016 7:56:00 PM (view original):
someone needs to check mmacharg, canes4life, dickofdeath and who knows how any other id's this guy has in all the worlds that is not legal.
someone needs to ban your SNIX account from trolling the forums
11/14/2016 8:03 PM
Posted by mdodge13 on 11/14/2016 8:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by waregl72 on 11/12/2016 8:16:00 PM (view original):

My thoughts exactly....
Kind of makes it sound like basic recruiting strategy is prohibited.

If they actually wanted it to work like this they wouldn't show you which schools a recruit was considering.
11/14/2016 8:09 PM
Not getting a lot of feedback on this issue.
2/10/2017 2:12 PM (edited)
if you're not cheating you're not trying

so how bad you want to win

the rules say don't collude

it's wise to take money from rubes if you have to have

it's fun to win games as a test of brains if you don't

11/17/2016 10:01 AM
Posted by ebel331 on 11/14/2016 8:03:00 PM (view original):
So you want to discuss a ban? 5 years for being a low life coward, someone needs to ***** slap you to knock off the heavy yellow streak on your back.
11/17/2016 8:00 PM
Posted by SNIX on 11/17/2016 8:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ebel331 on 11/14/2016 8:03:00 PM (view original):
So you want to discuss a ban? 5 years for being a low life coward, someone needs to ***** slap you to knock off the heavy yellow streak on your back.
LOL I must have slapped your teams down more than a few times for you to be such a big fan of mine.

But, oh brave one, you don't have to hide behind this troll name. If you'd like some help, just ask, son. #friendship
11/17/2016 8:14 PM
Just want to bump this again to maybe open up some discussions.

The detective story is great work. Pretty much nailed someone.

I wanted to add some stuff to the talk.

First off, I did not get much response to this post on the forum. But I did get some messages from coaches you all know and love.

Second, there is a lot more deals going on than what is public knowledge.

Was told that a ticket was sent in and wis said they were being good neighbors.

So with all that being said, I did send over a message to my region mate to see if he wanted to split all of the northwest recruits. We didn't do it but we could have. No one would have known.

I also offered to play an elite if he let me snag a recruit in his area (there were literally zero within 360 miles). He did not.

I'm not gonna out the coaches tthat messaged me because they asked me not to.

The point is, once again, if we must tell on ourselves to police this game, it will not work.

While this topic is different than the bkdries, I think it is the bigger picture that is important: what is clearly cheating and what is not? And can it realistically be monitored without US snitching on ourselves. Are you even trying if your not cheating?

Gimme the thoughts and opinions.
2/10/2017 4:05 PM
Posted by chrondon84 on 2/10/2017 4:05:00 PM (view original):
Just want to bump this again to maybe open up some discussions.

The detective story is great work. Pretty much nailed someone.

I wanted to add some stuff to the talk.

First off, I did not get much response to this post on the forum. But I did get some messages from coaches you all know and love.

Second, there is a lot more deals going on than what is public knowledge.

Was told that a ticket was sent in and wis said they were being good neighbors.

So with all that being said, I did send over a message to my region mate to see if he wanted to split all of the northwest recruits. We didn't do it but we could have. No one would have known.

I also offered to play an elite if he let me snag a recruit in his area (there were literally zero within 360 miles). He did not.

I'm not gonna out the coaches tthat messaged me because they asked me not to.

The point is, once again, if we must tell on ourselves to police this game, it will not work.

While this topic is different than the bkdries, I think it is the bigger picture that is important: what is clearly cheating and what is not? And can it realistically be monitored without US snitching on ourselves. Are you even trying if your not cheating?

Gimme the thoughts and opinions.
We all know little collusion is going on but its not game breaking and no one is clearly dominating with a team because of it. The big things like what tigerpark did will eventually be found our which is every ones point when they say policing themselves. We should not start a witch hunt where everyone starts looking for collusion or abusing 2 accounts and start calling people out on the boards. Definitely make sure you have great evidence like what BK has before doing anything. Also not disagreeing with you but that my 2 cents.
2/10/2017 4:09 PM
12 Next ▸
GD Fair Play Guidlines Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.