Most Championships by School - 3.0 Topic

Posted by joeykw18 on 3/10/2018 11:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 3/10/2018 10:21:00 AM (view original):
If William Wheeless is not going EE, I am starting another ee thread. Congrats Joey!!!
He's not going EE....part of why I feel obligated to stay at vermont
holy ****, you won 3 titles in 4 years at vermont? i am genuinely impressed, that is bad ***. if someone did that in 2.0, i would hold it up as quite possibly if not almost definitely the greatest accomplishment in HD history. i'm sure its easier in 3.0, but i don't know how much easier. that is pretty incredible.
2/28/2019 11:52 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 11/13/2016 9:31:00 AM (view original):
it would be interesting if WIS could find a way to reboot other records starting with 3.0 - its really a different game
it wouldn't help with the records on players and stuff, but maybe if i start playing again, i'll go dig up that program i had that ranked the current and all time best programs, by world and across all worlds, and set it to only consider the 3.0 time frame. mostly, i have always been too lazy to run that regularly, but if someone wanted to spend the hour or so a month to run the program and paste the results in the forums (i think it was like a few minutes of work to run the program and then like a half hour to copy-paste that stuff into the forums, because there was so much data), i'd probably be willing to go find it and dust it off.

for folks who don't know what i'm talking about, heres an example -
https://www.wisjournal.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=492912&TopicsTimeframe=30 - all time best 10 year programs as of 03/16
https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=409496 - link to a master forum post with all the ones i ever did

basically, this thing would scrape every team in every world and give all kinds of dynasty rankings - it would say like, here's the top 50 teams in each division of each world, considering the last 5, 10, or 20 seasons. it would also say heres the top 100 teams in the entire game, per division. then it also had all-time lists that were like, here's the best teams per world ever, along with a cross-world version that would say like, here's the best programs in the history of the game, across all worlds. there was some goofy stuff like longest streak of NT appearances too, which some folks thought was cool.

anyway, if someone wants the code so they can run the thing and post it for folks, send me a sitemail and i'll send it over. i will say, the quality of the algorithms that build the rankings, it was pretty damn good IMO
3/1/2019 12:12 AM (edited)
Posted by gillispie1 on 2/28/2019 11:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by joeykw18 on 3/10/2018 11:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 3/10/2018 10:21:00 AM (view original):
If William Wheeless is not going EE, I am starting another ee thread. Congrats Joey!!!
He's not going EE....part of why I feel obligated to stay at vermont
holy ****, you won 3 titles in 4 years at vermont? i am genuinely impressed, that is bad ***. if someone did that in 2.0, i would hold it up as quite possibly if not almost definitely the greatest accomplishment in HD history. i'm sure its easier in 3.0, but i don't know how much easier. that is pretty incredible.
Wow, thanks! Means a lot coming from one of the games legends!

It would have been impossible in 2.0. And don't get me wrong, there was a lot of luck that happened during those 4 seasons (only 1 loss), but I was able to get recruits that a low level school would have previously had no chance at.
3/1/2019 12:46 AM
Is there anyone who would be willing to take over this thread for me? They would need to start a new one, and copy and paste it as a start. I hate for all the time I have put into it to go to waste, since it is up to date. Going to retire at least for a while. My magazine business is booming, and we also developed a game app called City Manager, which has versions for 5 cities now, and is growing fast. It's a free app but I have to sell advertising to the businesses, not to mention do lots of testing, so my free time is pretty much non existent. I am having a lot of fun though, so it does not feel like work, and it is as much fun for me as HD has always been. I will probably be back at some point, but I think this will be my last season at Kentucky and UCLA.
5/25/2019 10:22 PM
I'd really like it if someone else would take it. But in the short term, if no one will, i agree..... this shouldn't go to waste. I can try to do both, but if i can't handle it, I'll re-post the offer for someone to handle this one.

did you not add Wooden yet? Same as the other thread that i took over?
5/26/2019 4:01 PM
Sorry for the delay - I did add wooden to this one - can't remember if I added it to the Most Championships by Coach one though before you took over.
5/29/2019 11:19 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 5/29/2019 11:19:00 PM (view original):
Sorry for the delay - I did add wooden to this one - can't remember if I added it to the Most Championships by Coach one though before you took over.
Are you sure Chap? Because i looked at the history of the D2 winner, UNC Pembroke and it appeared they have 4 titles in the time frame that matters. I added a title for D1 Northern Arizona (and the Big Sky), D2 Pembroke, and D3 Elmhurst for Wooden. If this was incorrect to add, and you are sure you already added them, let me know so i can get it straightened out. (Here or sitemail please)
5/30/2019 4:12 AM
◂ Prev 123456
Most Championships by School - 3.0 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.