OFFICIAL© PACKERS THREAD! VIKING SMACKDOWN!!! Topic

Bulaga, Perry, Cobb, T. Williams will be cut. CM3 won’t be resigned. Maybe Jimmy Graham comes back, maybe he doesn’t. 60 million in cap room and three picks in the Top 40ish of the draft.
Need Pass rushing DL, Pass rushing LB, S, G, T, Vet WR, TE.
12/7/2018 3:24 PM (edited)
They will package the two first rounders to move up in the draft and pick up a pass rusher who spends the next three seasons on IR.
12/7/2018 4:19 PM
Hopefully not. Ted Thompson would of. Hopefully Gute doesn’t. They need bodies. The Packers aren’t one good player away, they need quite a few.
12/7/2018 4:42 PM
Packers officially eliminated with loss to Bears coupled with Vikings win. I wonder how many draft spots they cost themselves by beating Atlanta last week. Typical incompetence.
12/17/2018 12:10 PM
Packers cost themselves more draft position with a thrilling come-from-behind OT win over the hapless J-E-T-S in New York. It is the Pack's first (and only) road win of the season.
12/23/2018 6:05 PM
Packers apparently come to agreements with LBs P Smith and Z Smith (Barnwell grades those signings as C-/D+, respectively), S A Amos (B-) and OL B Turner (D+). What an exciting day to waste money!!

Also, Nick Perry released.
3/12/2019 2:50 PM
Packers draft DE Rashan Gary (Michigan) with their first pick (#12). Thumbs down. Has a shoulder issue. Did they learn nothing from Kevin King? Highly rated recruit who did nothing in college to justify it. Sounds like a classic Packers bust.
4/25/2019 10:03 PM
And then they trade up to take another Big Ten defender, a guy who was mostly mocked a second rounder they felt they needed at 21 and couldn't wait until 30. What the fing f?
4/25/2019 11:01 PM
I have had labrum surgery about 25 years ago. It is NOT fun and I would venture to guess, from a very experienced point of view, that Gary's shoulder will NEVER be the same and that GB will live to regret this pick. I tried to rehab my shoulder for 6 months. Worked HARD. All I did was tear it up more and more. I had surgery at University of Michigan MedSport by the same guy who operated on U of M RB Tyrone Wheatley's shoulder and he was a regular orthopedic surgeon for Wolverine football and all sport athletes. After the surgery my shoulder has ALWAYS been unstable and, though they estimated I might get back 70% range of motion. I actually got back over 90%. The strength has just never been the same and the instability, while not very painful, has never been able to be corrected. I can, very literally, dislocate my shoulder by moving it in a specific way and it is susceptible to falls and overhead movement in particular. That doesn't bode well for a guy who will end up on the ground constantly and needs his arms to be strong on every play. I hope NONE of this comes true for Gary, but that was my experience when I was 25 years old, 6 foot 1, 200 pounds and in excellent physical shape. I really hope that he is able to overcome it but I have VERY significant doubts.
4/26/2019 12:13 AM
Gary seems like a gamble. Justin Harrell was a gamble. That didn’t work out well at all, not even close. This team needs a lot of help. Hopefully Guts proves people wrong and Gary is a dominant pass rusher. As far as Savage, Guts said he was aware he wouldn’t be there at 30. Savage combine numbers were very similar to Nick Collins.
4/28/2019 11:16 AM
I don't mind the Savage pick but I'm yet to be convinced that he's so much better than what would have been available at 30 that we needed to trade up for him.

The 2nd and 3rd round picks (interior O-lineman and TE) seem like solid picks. In 5-6-7 you're basically throwing darts anyway. Was a little surprised they didn't draft a receiver.
4/29/2019 2:05 PM

The author is a member of my 1970's NFL Facebook Group
5/20/2019 2:55 AM
That’s pretty cool Bronx. Before my time, but the 72 team was the closest the Pack had to a contender post Lombardi until Brett Favre came around.
5/20/2019 8:13 PM
Packers play the Raiders in Winnipeg tonight.

MIKET WILL BE CRYING BY HALFTIME!!!!
8/22/2019 12:30 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
OFFICIAL© PACKERS THREAD! VIKING SMACKDOWN!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.