Rampaging Dead SLB Gorilla Room Topic

I get so tired of this rampaging and constantly ignored 500 pound gorilla in our crowded room for years and years and years, of The Magic Deadball Pitchers !!

It's like seeing maybe too many seasons of The Walking Dead (now on the mound, the ludicrous 1908 Negan, who should have been plinked off by two rounds to the head by now, probably before he ever showed up at the end of last season). At least Negan yields some home runs.
11/15/2016 4:20 PM (edited)
Yields home runs? More like he hit two out to dead center.
11/16/2016 9:53 AM
Posted by skunk206 on 11/16/2016 9:53:00 AM (view original):
Yields home runs? More like he hit two out to dead center.
Yeah, then under Rick Grimes' magnificent leadership they ran home to spruce up for Negan's upcoming visit. Rick had a chance to repent after nearly giving Michone up to the Governor. This is the last straw. I may keep up with the program some after the fact, but I'm boycotting their new episodes on Sunday nights.
11/19/2016 10:39 PM
Deadball pitchers are anoying and boring for sure but to me they're not all that magical or necessary to win.
I've never drafted a deadball staff, not even once, and have been competing against them very well.
I'd rather draft pitchers with lower OAV, that will give up around a dozen more HRs over the course of the season but a lot fewer hits.
Classic deadballers used in OLs have an OAV around .220-.230 with low BB/9.
That's why I draft high AVG line ups that have decent speed, at least over 60, doesn't necessarely have to be base stealers since A+ arms are still quite common, not caring much about HR power or so much about high OBP.
A hitter that gets hits will get baserunners moving around and getting extra bases. If his high OBP is based high walk total then it will go down a lot because of those low BB/9 deadballers.
That's why I focus both on high AVG line ups and low OAV staff, best way to beat the deadball plague for me.
11/29/2016 4:06 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Most of it is the psrks they pitched. In.So it should be much easier to hit s triple off them tosay the least.BTW do leagues stall a lot this time of year because owners want buy their brat nieces,nephews grandkids a lot of presents?
12/2/2016 11:21 PM (edited)
Seems like an easy fix to me, but I'm not that smart. Make XBH allowed based on ERA#, which I think it already is, then determine the type of extra base hit based off of park metric and batter real life 2b, 3b, and HR# numbers. Forget homerun allowed numbers altogether. Is this too simple/dumb to work?
12/4/2016 1:19 PM
There are at least a couple ways they could further modify what they already do, but that would be another way to do it alright.
12/4/2016 10:01 PM
And it isn't just home runs that give deadball era pitchers an advantage. Whatever additional treatment these pitchers get, compare how few doubles they give up, to someone the likes of Jake Arrieta (2014, 15, or 16).
12/24/2016 3:10 PM (edited)
Rampaging Dead SLB Gorilla Room Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.