I can't believe the number of elite D1 programs that no longer have coaches. Is this going on everywhere? I dropped from 6 to 3 teams, about to go to 2, but I didn't expect everyone else to do it too. Are D2 to and D3 also seeing a mass exodus or are they stable?

Makes me wonder what the future of HD is. Obviously 3.0 was an utter failure. How quick will 4.0 come, or does it even matter at this point?
11/15/2016 3:15 PM
I think utter failure is a bit premature.

The people at the top lost the most when the system changed, they were the most likely to bolt.
11/15/2016 3:24 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 11/15/2016 3:24:00 PM (view original):
I think utter failure is a bit premature.

The people at the top lost the most when the system changed, they were the most likely to bolt.
If you can't stay at the top, what's the point of this game? It's built to make sure you are not going to remain there... It's a big lottery at D1... And if you change job or get into a new job, you can't build something until second season, which makes rebuilds last a lot longer than before. Imagine being a D- D1 team, forever will be the time it will take you before you get to these particular teams.

The Exodus is happening everywhere. I took on Penn State to see what was happening when you changed job and it's really nothing. You can't recruit D1 caliber players. And Spud, don't talk. PK : same... Experience it... if you know what it takes to win in D1. As for EES, it's a mess. I can't believe Stewdog is still there at GTU. I can't believe we still have some good coaches in place at some big six schools while luck is what will decide whether they win or not. Heck, going to the elite is going to be luck also... When you bite the dust, you have no other options. There is no way to predict if a battle is going to go your way or not... it's roll the dice and hope.
11/15/2016 3:33 PM
Adapt or quit....
11/15/2016 3:40 PM
How many seasons have been played since the implementation of 3.0?
11/15/2016 3:41 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 11/15/2016 3:40:00 PM (view original):
Adapt or quit....
Most beta users chose Quit, and that was free to play.
11/15/2016 3:45 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 11/15/2016 3:40:00 PM (view original):
Adapt or quit....
I took this as an answer before Trenton. But I no longer accept it. The game is not well designed nor thought of. They need to adapt stuff so it becomes much more enjoyable... We need competition and control back.

I think D3 and D2 can work Under the new system... But not D1.

The game builds frustration ... so people quit.
When they lose EES and the game did not think about how to make them be able to replace these players ;
When someone changes job and he can't even recruit anybody good ;
When someone gets to a new job and is bound to have a SIM season, if it's a rebuild, without being able to do anything ;
When someone gets all-in and loses all battles, and get no recruits to show for Worth being on a D1 team ;
When someone has to recruit blindfolded or take on anybody (gettting a penalty if waived later) because he does not want to get by the walk-on penalty;
When someone enjoys fbpress and can no longer play it at D1 cause you can't get enough good players to even play fastbreak;
When someone at D1 gets outbid by a D2 team cause of time...
When someone wants to change jobs and can't even get to a similar prestige team or need so many years of greatness, he is bound to drop out ;

I mean, what's the point behind all of this... Create a great game where strategy thrives... and people are in control of their teams destiny. It's no longer that...
11/15/2016 3:57 PM (edited)
Man, this is freakin Groundhog Day. This is the longest series of farewell tours in the history of sports, with the same repeated gripes over and over and over and over and over.

For newcomers who might be reading this:
3.0 is a good game. Many of us like it better than 2.0.

11/15/2016 3:54 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/15/2016 3:41:00 PM (view original):
How many seasons have been played since the implementation of 3.0?
Hey MikeT,
There's a good chance you'll enjoy this game. You're in a conference with a group of your friends, so it's a good situation, and you'll have a good time.
11/15/2016 3:57 PM
But how many seasons? Or when was 3.0 implemented? Just trying to figure out if this is just a massive overreaction or if there's any real issues. This happened in HBD with every change.
11/15/2016 4:00 PM
The worlds are either in their first or second season under 3.0
11/15/2016 4:09 PM
It has been about less than one season to less than two seasons in each world. Already a lot of the whiners are gone and things are looking up. Advancement through the divisions is readily available and new players are being brought in. Job change logic is the next project for WIS. The question was asked, "If you can't stay at the top, what's the point of this game?" A better question is, "If you could almost automatically stay at the top in 2.0, what was the point of 2.0?" Now it takes some skill to stay at the top, it isn't automatic any more. Adapt or quit is good advice. Lots of coaches are learning the new game and having a fine time.
11/15/2016 4:26 PM (edited)
Posted by npb7768 on 11/15/2016 3:54:00 PM (view original):
Man, this is freakin Groundhog Day. This is the longest series of farewell tours in the history of sports, with the same repeated gripes over and over and over and over and over.

For newcomers who might be reading this:
3.0 is a good game. Many of us like it better than 2.0.

i disagree about the farewell tours. the guys who have been playing this thing for years are all cutting back or getting out altogether. by the end of 2016 i will have dumped 2/3 of my own teams. it's not groundhog's day because they are gone.

there are people who like 3.0 better than 2.0, but it is definitely not the majority. but..... it could be the majority by 2017 b/c so many people will have left.

for newcomers who might be reading this:
make up your own mind, don't listen to me or npb7768. if you like it, more power to you.
11/15/2016 4:14 PM
Yeah, that's way too early. If you haven't even finished a 2nd season, you just can't tell. For all the heartache you're going thru, everyone else is feeling it or will feel it soon. Thanks, I can ignore the farewell messages for now and see if it still sticks in early 2017.
11/15/2016 4:15 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/15/2016 4:00:00 PM (view original):
But how many seasons? Or when was 3.0 implemented? Just trying to figure out if this is just a massive overreaction or if there's any real issues. This happened in HBD with every change.
Hey MikeT,
For many seasons over several earth years, the populations in HD have slowly decreased.

There were many ideas for improving the game to draw/retain new owners. For many, a significant reason for people bailing on HD was a series of exasperating recruiting issues, which I can explain sometime in greater detail.

So HD decided to try to improve recruiting (this was a big argument point, because many felt that there were more important changes that could be made... this was a huge point of disagreement), and introduced Beta 3.0 testing.

- Beta world started in May 2016, and lasted 4 semi-abbreviated seasons, ending in August-September 2016.
- The 1st Beta season was tough, because recruiting had changed a lot, and there were a lot of warts.
- Many owners bailed after Season One.
- Those that remained worked to improve the new system, and a ton of changes were made for the better.
11/15/2016 4:25 PM (edited)
1|2|3...21 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.