Just to clarify one thing …

“Your keep talking about probability, because you want to pretty up the random dice roll factor.”

People are going to continue to talk about the game both ways. Those whose level of understanding is limited to “random” or “coin flip” or “dice roll” will talk about the game in the limited way in which they understand it. People who understand the game better than that will develop their understanding of the probabilities and how to influence them, and both enjoy the game and have success. Both types of conversations are going to continue in the threads, and in a way there’s nothing wrong with that. It’s just guys trying to make the best of what they have to work with.
11/23/2016 1:41 PM
this takes me back to the colonel and 50-50
11/23/2016 1:50 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/23/2016 1:39:00 PM (view original):
So says the troll. What was your point in addressing me in the first place? I don't recall mentioning you(because I didn't) and didn't remember you from any previous exchange. So I clicked your username, to see you no longer played HD, and saw you are in schtickless-HBD. And that you've been around 13 years. Nonetheless, buh-bye. I can only speak for myself but I won't miss you. Not that I remembered you in the first place.
Get a life or get out of here. You are a hater, I don't think you should be aloud to post anything. I vote for WIS to block you out of this place.
11/23/2016 1:52 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 11/23/2016 1:41:00 PM (view original):

“Your keep talking about probability, because you want to pretty up the random dice roll factor.”

People are going to continue to talk about the game both ways. Those whose level of understanding is limited to “random” or “coin flip” or “dice roll” will talk about the game in the limited way in which they understand it. People who understand the game better than that will develop their understanding of the probabilities and how to influence them, and both enjoy the game and have success. Both types of conversations are going to continue in the threads, and in a way there’s nothing wrong with that. It’s just guys trying to make the best of what they have to work with.
Spud: we all understand it's not random... Until you get to the roll. Does that clarify it? We all know there are ways to get out of these random situations... We are looking for them and planning around them, trying to strategize. But it seems we end up often into that evil ROLL... And losing it can be tough on your planning.
11/23/2016 1:55 PM
Posted by zorzii on 11/23/2016 1:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/23/2016 1:39:00 PM (view original):
So says the troll. What was your point in addressing me in the first place? I don't recall mentioning you(because I didn't) and didn't remember you from any previous exchange. So I clicked your username, to see you no longer played HD, and saw you are in schtickless-HBD. And that you've been around 13 years. Nonetheless, buh-bye. I can only speak for myself but I won't miss you. Not that I remembered you in the first place.
Get a life or get out of here. You are a hater, I don't think you should be aloud to post anything. I vote for WIS to block you out of this place.
Who cares what you vote for? Are you an authority of some sort?
11/23/2016 1:59 PM
FWIW, my world started on 11/3. I started reading the forum about a week before that to get some pointers. Virtually every thread over 5 posts evolved to "This game sucks now. WifS will not get another penny from me." It took me damn near a month(11/21, I checked) to say "C'mon. Enough with the This sucks, I'm gone nonsense." Obviously that was enough to get vandydave to unblock me in order to warn everyone and make me a hater. I felt I showed a lot of restraint in saying nothing until Monday. Anyone new to the game and reading these forums aren't going to play. Not sure how that's good for WifS, the game or the owners. And it takes a lot of effort to glean some advice from this forum.
11/23/2016 2:15 PM
Posted by zorzii on 11/23/2016 1:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 11/23/2016 1:41:00 PM (view original):

Spud: we all understand it's not random... Until you get to the roll. Does that clarify it? We all know there are ways to get out of these random situations... We are looking for them and planning around them, trying to strategize. But it seems we end up often into that evil ROLL... And losing it can be tough on your planning.
You shouldn't be trying to avoid the roll, you should be judicious on whom you roll for. There simply won't be many guys worth having on a high D1 squad you don't have to fight for. That's by design. It's not a bug, and it isn't going to be "fixed". The sooner you accept that, the sooner you can start adapting to the game that exists.
11/23/2016 3:52 PM (edited)
And EE will be less of a problem on a team by team basis.
11/23/2016 4:20 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/23/2016 8:33:00 AM (view original):
Posted by therewas47 on 11/23/2016 7:30:00 AM (view original):
You just posted 4 straight times in this thread. If you want the conversation to die you could try not talking to yourself on the Internet for 30 straight minutes
I have plenty of free time. I could have posted 10 times without a response but I got winded.
This is a tough crowd. Did no one find this funny? Or do the HD forums not fancy to humor?

Ok, I'll paint a picture. Fat guy gets up, sees someone flaming him on the internet. He's furiously typing out responses. He gets tired.

Get it???
11/23/2016 5:21 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/23/2016 5:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/23/2016 8:33:00 AM (view original):
Posted by therewas47 on 11/23/2016 7:30:00 AM (view original):
You just posted 4 straight times in this thread. If you want the conversation to die you could try not talking to yourself on the Internet for 30 straight minutes
I have plenty of free time. I could have posted 10 times without a response but I got winded.
This is a tough crowd. Did no one find this funny? Or do the HD forums not fancy to humor?

Ok, I'll paint a picture. Fat guy gets up, sees someone flaming him on the internet. He's furiously typing out responses. He gets tired.

Get it???
You had me at the Kate Upton joke last week.
11/23/2016 5:23 PM
it is funny - I got tired of reading the personal back and forth
11/23/2016 5:29 PM
But that was funny, right? I don't want to waste it in the HD forums if you guys are all stick-up-the-butt serious in here.

11/23/2016 5:31 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 11/23/2016 5:29:00 PM (view original):
it is funny - I got tired of reading the personal back and forth
I'll say this and be done with it.

If you see me make it personal first, let me know. I'll stop. I might make general, all-encompassing statements that irk people but I do my best not to go at one user. Until they come at me. Then I'm a dick.
11/23/2016 5:36 PM
Don't sell yourself short, you're a dick from the beginning. If you're gonna own it, own it.
11/23/2016 8:11 PM
"Spud: we all understand it's not random..."
Glad to hear that.

"Until you get to the roll."
Oops, "understanding" lasted about six words long. LOL. Hang in there.
11/23/2016 8:50 PM
◂ Prev 1...17|18|19|20|21 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.