What exactly does this mean? Is it a postseason ban for the year? Just saw a team in the Division I play in was hit with probation for 1 season. The KB says it will have a negative impact on recruiting as well, is that true?
11/16/2016 1:20 PM
So, it is NOT a postseason ban, which is strange.

Looks like you also get to keep the player who received improper benefits and he misses one or two games.

Your Coach Reputation goes down to a C. Can it go lower than that? How much of an impact does this have on recruiting? Can you get fired from a non-D1A job? Is there any downside to using Booster gifts? Do they have a significant impact on recruiting?

11/22/2016 3:47 PM
Posted by jeffn48 on 11/22/2016 3:47:00 PM (view original):
So, it is NOT a postseason ban, which is strange.

Looks like you also get to keep the player who received improper benefits and he misses one or two games.

Your Coach Reputation goes down to a C. Can it go lower than that? How much of an impact does this have on recruiting? Can you get fired from a non-D1A job? Is there any downside to using Booster gifts? Do they have a significant impact on recruiting?

I was under the impression it WAS a post season ban... could be wrong

Yes, your rep can go lower than a C and honestly that is pretty generous that it stopped there. It has a minor impact on recruiting. You CAN'T get fired from a non-DIA job. I suppose if you were going to stay at a team for a VERY LONG time there wouldn't be a downside... just your rep takes a hit so if you were going to stay put then I suppose your rep wouldn't matter at the lower levels, you just wouldn't be able to move until it improved. I guess the fact you wouldn't get that/those players for the whole season or longer might make it a waste.
11/22/2016 9:24 PM (edited)
This is interesting. I was always told that probation was equal to instant death. Hmm...
11/22/2016 9:22 PM
Yeah check Iona in D1AA Warner. I saw it in the news earlier this year that they were put on probation and DL Willie Grimm was suspended indefinitely. He missed two games, but then came back and Iona is in the playoffs. The coaches reputation is down to C though (not sure what it was before). I also remember seeing either the last year or the year before that they were being investigated but were cleared, so I think he uses these regularly. He has a pretty successful track record so it might be a worthwhile strategy.
11/22/2016 10:20 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.