Recruiting Windows Topic

Hey all.

Took over a team that had a really difficult non-conference schedule... had myself a disappointing 6-7 season (45 ranked WIS). I'm curious how this will affect my recruiting window.

How is your recruiting window determined? Is there a sliding scaled? Are their 'win brackets' we know about? Thanks!
11/16/2016 2:21 PM
Prior to your recent season, the total team wins over the past 3 seasons was 16, with 11 wins in the most recent season. After season 126, the toal for the past 3 seasons is 20, with 6 wins in the most recent.

I don't think your vision will get any worse, and it might actually improve slightly. From what I have gathered, your vision is based on the total wins over the past 3 seasons, with the most recent season possibly weighted higher than the other 2. So your total wins went up, but most recent season went down.

The other thing, I don't think vision really starts improving dramatically until you get up to around 25 total wins over the past 3 seasons. So this is another reason why I don't think you'll really see much difference.
11/16/2016 2:26 PM
Different coaches use different evaluation logic to vision.

I always measured vision by the top 10 rated players I was able to see at the start of the season and then again after the season rolled over.
After 3 seasons or so I would always check to see how much the quality of the recruits I could see improved. You can see some somewhat highly rated guys who's core attributes don't mean they are a good player. Like you might see a DB who is 600 rated at DII but his actual cores are not as good as his rating.
11/16/2016 9:09 PM
Recruiting Windows Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.