8.5 years and 31 season taken away Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 11/17/2016 8:53:00 AM (view original):
Here's what I recommend.

Contact the owner who has "your" team. Ask him if he's willing to give it to you. If he says "Yes", contact the commissioner and ask him if you can rejoin the world. If he says "Yes", problem solved. If either say "No", and I wouldn't blame either of them after this fiasco, well, here we are.
Best idea. The new owner who has the team shouldn't really care which squad they have. Or if the team means that much, bribe em with a $10 GC.

Easy peasy.
11/17/2016 8:55 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/17/2016 8:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by rnce on 11/17/2016 8:45:00 AM (view original):
Again. You pigeonholing me as someone that jerks people around on the internet, yet I have absolutely no history of doing this whatsoever. Going back to anyone in here that played Shootclub back in the day (I was introduced to this site from there). I apologise that this site is not my life and I had real things to do on Monday and Tuesday. Like, run a blog that gets 200k views a month, host a podcast, appear on live TV once a week, guest on radio shows twice a week, write for a newspaper etc etc But the point is mute - the world has still not filled and the only thing holding it up now is my team not being given back to me as it should be.
You're a busy man. You don't have time for silly internet games.

Or arguing on the internet. Right?
I have plenty of time for arguing against tthings that are unjust. If you guys want to justify what you have done, good for you.

If the people that take the money for the site are happy with you heavy forum hitters pushing out a steady income for nearly a decade, good for them as well.
11/17/2016 8:59 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/17/2016 8:39:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Seventy_77 on 11/17/2016 7:27:00 AM (view original):
From an outsiders point of view. With all the leagues that are having trouble filling I think this would set a bad precedent to give away a team that is already reserved by a long term owner. From now on who will be loyal to a league if a commish keeps giving away guys teams. So what if the owner hadn't checked in. His spot was paid for. And he wasn't there for start of season for some reason then his team would be the worse for it. And if he hadn't logged in by the time spring training came around then you could find a replacement. Finding an owner to take a free team is a lot easier than finding a paying owner I'm sure. The point being is his spot was paid for. Just my point of view.
From a commissioner's point of view, I don't want to roll with a "dead" team. Some pretty important stuff happens before ST. For the good of the world, you want 32 active owners each season. As tec said, people disappear from this site. Owner in question had 1 team on WifS.

In this case, someone took the team, old owner contacted the commish, commish asked new owner to give it back, new owner complied, the world waited 3+ days for old owner to retake his team, old owner couldn't be bothered with it during those 3+ days even though he knew 31 owners were waiting for him, new owner was given team back, almost immediately old owner suddenly has time again.

Sometimes people just jerk you around on the internet. Not saying this is the case but it seems odd that he had no time for 3+ days and once the team is reclaimed, he checks in.

What Mike said I can verify. The commish, buffalrob, got on the world chat and said that he had asked the new owner to change teams so rnce could have his back. The new owner did so. Then we wait for days and no word from rnce.
11/17/2016 9:00 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/17/2016 8:54:00 AM (view original):
Do you understand that not checking in to a world for over 14 days constitutes an abandonment, and you can lose your team?
During season time, yes. During off season when y team has already been reserved and I am waiting for the world to roll, no.
11/17/2016 9:01 AM
At the end of the day, as you can tell from my TC to the commish, I don't know you. All I knew was we were about to fill and you hadn't checked in for 23 days. As a commish, I'm pro-active. I can be a jerk but my worlds roll quickly because, I like to think, they're filled with attentive owners. Owners that don't check in for 23 days would not be considered attentive. I've "given away" teams because owners didn't renew or respond to sitemails. I'd never wait 23 days. A commish has a responsibility to 31 owners not just 1.
11/17/2016 9:01 AM
Yes, Jibe. I am not disputing that. As above I was extremely busy and it slipped my mind. That is the only thing that I have done wrong in this scenario.
11/17/2016 9:02 AM
Posted by rnce on 11/17/2016 9:01:00 AM (view original):
Do you understand that not checking in to a world for over 14 days constitutes an abandonment, and you can lose your team?
During season time, yes. During off season when y team has already been reserved and I am waiting for the world to roll, no.
Why did WifS remove you?
11/17/2016 9:03 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/17/2016 9:01:00 AM (view original):
At the end of the day, as you can tell from my TC to the commish, I don't know you. All I knew was we were about to fill and you hadn't checked in for 23 days. As a commish, I'm pro-active. I can be a jerk but my worlds roll quickly because, I like to think, they're filled with attentive owners. Owners that don't check in for 23 days would not be considered attentive. I've "given away" teams because owners didn't renew or respond to sitemails. I'd never wait 23 days. A commish has a responsibility to 31 owners not just 1.
This is just going around in circles. You think I am wrong, I think you are wrong. I am comfortable with what I have done. You are comfortable with what you have done. But if you are going to behave in the way you have, you are going to drive people away from the site - and considering the dwindling nature of the game, that is fundamentally wrong.
11/17/2016 9:05 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/17/2016 9:03:00 AM (view original):
Why did WifS remove you?
Because you put the idea into the Commish's head.
11/17/2016 9:05 AM
Posted by rnce on 11/17/2016 9:05:00 AM (view original):
Why did WifS remove you?
But why did WifS remove you? They hate to remove owners from worlds. No matter what I did, no matter what the commish did, WifS has final say. If you did nothing wrong, why did WifS remove you?
11/17/2016 9:07 AM
*moot* not "mute", but you are a writer, a TV personality, and a podcaster.

The owner gave your team back after you notified the commish of the issue. Then nothing happened for several days. You knew the league would fill several days ago if you merely reclaimed the team. But then went absent again.
11/17/2016 9:09 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/17/2016 9:01:00 AM (view original):
This is just going around in circles. You think I am wrong, I think you are wrong. I am comfortable with what I have done. You are comfortable with what you have done. But if you are going to behave in the way you have, you are going to drive people away from the site - and considering the dwindling nature of the game, that is fundamentally wrong.
I'll assume you missed the part about the worlds I commish rolling quickly. And, FWIW, tecwrg is the commish of a world that rolls quickly. Maybe, just maybe, we know what we're talking about with regards to absentee owners.
11/17/2016 9:11 AM
I have sent a site mail to the owner of the team and asked for it back.

I refuse to go around in circles anymore.

I did not access my team for 14 days and, despite reserving the team and the world still not rolling, this is apparently wrong. All hail the forum Gods.
11/17/2016 9:16 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/17/2016 9:07:00 AM (view original):
Why did WifS remove you?
But why did WifS remove you? They hate to remove owners from worlds. No matter what I did, no matter what the commish did, WifS has final say. If you did nothing wrong, why did WifS remove you?
Did this stump you?

If you did nothing wrong, why did WifS remove you?

This is a teaching/learning moment for anyone paying attention.
11/17/2016 9:22 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/17/2016 9:22:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/17/2016 9:07:00 AM (view original):
Why did WifS remove you?
Did this stump you?

If you did nothing wrong, why did WifS remove you?

This is a teaching/learning moment for anyone paying attention.
Hahaha! No. The reason that I was removed is because YOU initiated it. If you had not told the Commish to remove me, would WifS have removed me? Of course, they would not have. You busied yourself in a world (Doubleday) that you know nothing about and caused this drama. The simple fact is, if my team was left in my hands the world would be active now. It was not left in my hands, and the world is still not rolling.
11/17/2016 9:27 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...8 Next ▸
8.5 years and 31 season taken away Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.