8.5 years and 31 season taken away Topic

If I wanted to screw rnce I would have filled the league and then have him removed for being absent. I did my best to get him back in the league. He was just playing us. Sitting back waiting then when his team filled came out of the wood work crying about his team. Then he would disappeared again when I opened his team up. The plain and simple truth is he couldn't compete with my team and I am sure that frustrated him and he couldn't take the beating anymore.

I also posted this on the world chat.
buffalo_rob Monarchs 11/8/2016 7:21 PM back to 2!! coach you were just too quick with your compliment. rnce has been in the world since day 1. He hadn't checked in since 10/16. I have seen him a couple sitemails and I sent him the password. I hope he reads it and comes back.
11/17/2016 9:19 PM (edited)
The disconnect is that rnce believes the problem started with me informing the commish that he'd been missing for 23 days. Then the commish and WifS simply screwed up after that.

The fact of the matter is the problem started because he didn't log in for 23 days. He believes everyone should know that he was just waiting on an email from WifS before checking back. Because, in his experience, no one has ever just disappeared from the site during a long wait.
11/17/2016 9:12 PM
Looks like attempts to be helpful went unrewarded, as they often do. When the commish asks someone who took a team in good faith to take a different team so you can come back, then you don't come back for three days, there's no grounds for complaint. It has nothing to to with whether MikeT sabotaged you or not, whether MikeT has sabotaged other owners, or whether MikeT was justified in alerting the commish to the potential issue. ******** about MikeT's role misses the point that your team was made available to you and you did not follow through. If someone is kind enough to switch teams, the world will roll when you get in, and you can''t find 60 seconds (tops) over the course of 3 days to reclaim it, that's on you.

You might not accept that you brought this on yourself, but you did. I work in a media job that has crazy busy stretches also. If that prevents me from doing something in HBD that I wish I had done, that's no one else's fault.
11/18/2016 1:18 AM
My input will end with this post, as will my involvement with the site.

I have had 7 site mails from different owners all talking about how much of a c*** MikeT23 is. The fact that he is a 53-year-old man and this games appears to be his sole purpose in life is a really sad story. If this is the only power that he can eek out of his pathetic life then he is free to it.

"rnce never opened my site mails until his team was filled. Magically he opens them and contacts me about his team. This are the site mails I sent to him." - Magically makes me laugh - I had simply returned from vacation and casually logged in to the site just to see how many openings were left and then was annoyed that I couldn't find my team. As for being frustrated that I couldn't beat your team, what are you 8 years old? I simply enjoy playing the game. If winning mattered that much to me, why would I still be here in season 31 with no WS wins? I would have got frustrated a long time ago.

tecwrg - great analogy with the brick throwing. Go and spend more time with your family instead of posting thousands of times into a forum that doesn't really matter.

It does not surprise me to see that another veteran of this site, and forum buddy of Mikes, with thousands of posts on the forums has my very very good team. A man that has remained silent through the entire process - you better throw him out Mike, he hasn't posted in the forum for a couple of days - he must have died or something. That being said, considering the age of all of you and that you are all probably obese Americans (yeah, I can make rude comments about where you come from as well) I guess that death is a reasonable consideration.

I have no idea if the people that actually run this site read these posts - but the sole reason for me leaving and no longer paying money into your game is because of the way that MikeT23, tecwrg and, now, buffolo_rob have behaved. They are akin to bullies and they have sucked the fun out of the game for me, and seemingly many others.

I wish you all many World Series wins, because you clearly all need this false reassurance that you mean something in your lives.

Oh - and enjoy Trump. You deserve him.
11/18/2016 5:28 AM
Interesting
11/18/2016 5:38 AM
LOL. My first interaction with cincybang, the owner who took :"your" team, gave it back, then reclaimed it three days after you had no time, was yesterday. So I'm unsure how he is my "forum buddy". At least get the facts right.

To recap, you asked for the team back on 11/13(when you were allegedly on vacation) and couldn't find 30 seconds over the next 72 hours to take it back. Yet, somehow, this is my fault.

As for what you know about me or the sour grape sitemails you allegedly received, OK. It's the internet. I'm a cowboy and an astronaut in real life. Prove I'm not.

And, finally, buh-bye. I have more than one TC saying "good riddance" to you. While some people do not like me in the forums, your leaguemates are glad to see you go. Hmmmmmmmmm..........
11/18/2016 7:07 AM
A summary of this thread, for those just checking in:

rnce: "Whaaa, whaaa, bad people conspired to take my team away from me"
Everybody else: "Looks like you first abandoned your team by not checking into the world in question for nearly a month. And when the commissioner sent you multiple sitemails and tried to get your team back to you, you neither responded to the sitemails nor took any action."
rnce: "**** you! You all suck! I'm outta here"

Did I leave anything out?
11/18/2016 8:01 AM
You failed to mention it was all MikeT23's fault.
11/18/2016 8:23 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/18/2016 8:23:00 AM (view original):
You failed to mention it was all MikeT23's fault.
That was implied by "**** you! You all suck!"
11/18/2016 8:56 AM
I demand individual blame!!!!!
11/18/2016 9:05 AM
A snippet of one of the TC:
Mike, I'm not sure what all went wrong with Doubleday myself. But a hint of it is the owner that we are having trouble with was an open tanker. He tanked in seasons 21-23 yet was allowed to stay. We had an MWR but the commish at the time preferred not to enforce it since rnce was a longtime owner. I'm not positive who was commish at that time so I won't state so here. It was not buffalorob that I know. not sure what else went wrong but it always seems that when tanking is allowed when you have MWR's that problems will ensue. But frankly I would be fine if the world parted ways with rnce.
11/18/2016 9:08 AM
rnce - Admin won't care, even if they do read it. Many owners on this site can point you to evidence that Mike always gets his way and is protected by those who run the place. He's a "made" man around here, as many seem to be under the illusion that he's an elite owner and draws people to the game - when in actuality, he turns many more people off. I would wager he's driven more people away from this site than any other owner WIS has ever had.

If I had to guess, I would say Mike is a big fan of Karl Rove. The Top 5 tactics in Rove's "political playbook":
  1. Take the offensive: establish the agenda, put your opponent on the defensive.
  2. Attack your opponent's strengths: this forces your opponent to back away from their most attractive qualities.
  3. Accuse your opponent of what they are going to accuse you of.
  4. Go negative, then cry foul. The second offence is the one that earns the penalty.
  5. The "Big Lie". Straight out of Goebbels.
These fit Mike to a T, especially #s 3-5. He routinely accuses others of using circular logic, rehashing old arguments, deflecting from the main argument to detract from their ignorance, lying, etc. - and routinely employs all these tricks himself. He's like the goon in hockey who subtly starts sh*t, then the second someone retaliates, he's crying to the refs for the penalty. You are not the first person he has ruined the WIS experience for and you won't be the last. It's unfortunate, but until some people wake up and realize he's the biggest problem on this site, customers will continue to leave.
11/18/2016 9:40 AM

There's your individual blame, Mike.
11/18/2016 9:43 AM
Well, I'd rather have it from a user who doesn't have to use an alias because his original username was recently banned.

That said, I'm the horrible guy but the guy slinging mud can't behave well enough to keep his username. Huh?
11/18/2016 9:52 AM
rnce HAD a very very good team. Due to tanking in seasons 22 and 23. He didn't meet the MWR guidelines and yet was allowed to stay by the former commish. Now he gone w/o winning a WS with his built up formerly tanked team.
I'm glad he's gone. His OLD team has about 3 more seasons left in the current run. Had he stayed I'm sure he would have tried to break the rules again.
11/18/2016 9:56 AM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸
8.5 years and 31 season taken away Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.