Durability??????????? Topic

The system generating position players with durability below 60 is ridiculous. There are not any guys that make it to the major leagues that can only play half the games or less in a season. The system is ruining some guys that could possibly be Super Stars had they not had low durability. Position players should never be below 70 in my opinion. With pitchers I think system is pretty decent as far as how it is handled.
11/17/2016 7:04 AM
It's designed to force you to build a 25 man roster. This is an age old discussion. RP in the bigs were usually SP in HS/College and maybe the minors. Did they suddenly become incapable of throwing 70+ pitches per outing? Of course not. They're designed to be RP in this game.
11/17/2016 8:44 AM
I can understand the pitching but position players are athletes and should be able to play most of the season.
11/17/2016 10:00 AM
I won't argue with you because I'm busy arguing with someone else but do you know how many MLB position players played 130+ games?
11/17/2016 10:13 AM
Real life versions: Coco Crisp. Wilson Ramos. Angel Pagan. I'm sure everyone can name a guy who's "always injured."

It's been said that this game actually plays out too few injuries compared to real life. I suspect the DUR system is a way of accounting for these guys who in real life sit out two games a week.

11/17/2016 10:17 AM
There were more injuries early on but, boy, did that **** people off. I wonder if, when they tweaked the injury engine, if they tweaked the DUR engine too?
11/17/2016 10:20 AM
I personally love the occasional pitcher that comes through with Stamina of 0.
11/17/2016 12:48 PM
I agree it's not the most realistic aspect of HBD, but it does add a level of strategy to the game when it comes to building a roster. If you want a low DUR position player, you have to also plan and budget for someone to platoon with them. So all things considered I'm OK with those 50-70 DUR players.

What ****** me off are the super low STM Ps. They never gain STM. End up being able to only pitch 30-some innings a season.

There are lots of MLB players who only get 300-400 ABs a season. So in the end those 50-60 DUR guys are pretty realistic

I don't think there are any MLB pitchers who are physically unable to pitch more than 35 innings.
11/25/2016 10:34 PM
I agree that 50-60 isn't bad, but anything below that is unrealistic. Guys would never make it to the majors much less onto anyone's draft board.
11/27/2016 9:44 PM
Durability??????????? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.