"Recruit Compare" Tool Topic

Am I the only one who wants the Recruit Compare tool to be available on more pages?

If I'm on the recruiting "home" page, where you can select current attention, all contacted, or categorized players, I can see whom I've signed, and who I'm looking at, but there's no easy way to compare players. I have 7 flipping openings, have signed 3, and want to make sure I'm getting a decently well-rounded class, filling needs, etc.

Seems like an easy add-on to make that tool available on almost all recruiting pages...

Apologies if this is beating a dead horse-- I did a search, but I just cannot read all the 3.0 topics to look for this suggestion.
11/18/2016 8:37 AM
Posted by wronoj on 11/18/2016 8:37:00 AM (view original):
Am I the only one who wants the Recruit Compare tool to be available on more pages?

If I'm on the recruiting "home" page, where you can select current attention, all contacted, or categorized players, I can see whom I've signed, and who I'm looking at, but there's no easy way to compare players. I have 7 flipping openings, have signed 3, and want to make sure I'm getting a decently well-rounded class, filling needs, etc.

Seems like an easy add-on to make that tool available on almost all recruiting pages...

Apologies if this is beating a dead horse-- I did a search, but I just cannot read all the 3.0 topics to look for this suggestion.
+1
11/18/2016 11:33 AM
I would like to see all of the fields on the Recruiting Home page be SORTABLE. This would provide much more flexibility and (perhaps?) might be easier to implement than adding the Recruit Compare tool.
11/18/2016 2:52 PM
Posted by wronoj on 11/18/2016 8:37:00 AM (view original):

+1
Expand the ability to compare PLEASE!!!
11/18/2016 3:44 PM
Well, until the standard game compares allow use to factor in Potential, they are worthless IMHO.
11/18/2016 3:50 PM
What do you mean? I see potential in there based on how far scouted they are...

also, can I get the attributes in the normal order in that box, while we are at it?
11/20/2016 5:03 PM
Posted by nc2457829305 on 11/20/2016 5:03:00 PM (view original):

also, can I get the attributes in the normal order in that box, while we are at it?
+1. Some of the changes felt like changes just for the sake of change, and that's the worst. I miss the ratings in the same order as it is on your roster page.
11/20/2016 6:37 PM
Posted by poncho0091 on 11/20/2016 6:37:00 PM (view original):

+1. Some of the changes felt like changes just for the sake of change, and that's the worst. I miss the ratings in the same order as it is on your roster page.
+1000

Annoying as hell. Was done only so you could group the level 1 ratings... which is worthless so what's the point!
11/20/2016 6:38 PM
Posted by Benis on 11/20/2016 6:38:00 PM (view original):

+1000

Annoying as hell. Was done only so you could group the level 1 ratings... which is worthless so what's the point!
Click baiting.
11/20/2016 6:39 PM

What I mean is that there is no way to see the final recruit scores in any of the WIS recruit tools (corrected for potential). You see the potential color and you see the current score.

In order to recruit, I want/need to see what each recruit's projected scores will be (after the reach their potential). Which is why people have to create spreadsheets to recruit.

Since the recruiting tools do not show projected recruit numbers, they are worthless to me.
11/21/2016 5:10 AM (edited)
oh, i just look at them and add numbers in my head. while i see your point, I don't think they'll ever do that, since there's some variability in potentials, and they don't want to "spoon feed" data.

If they can't keep the data up about which teams had EEs because they don't want the info readily available (as I read in some other thread), they surely don't want projected final ratings out there for people to see.
11/21/2016 9:39 AM
Posted by wronoj on 11/21/2016 9:39:00 AM (view original):
oh, i just look at them and add numbers in my head. while i see your point, I don't think they'll ever do that, since there's some variability in potentials, and they don't want to "spoon feed" data.

If they can't keep the data up about which teams had EEs because they don't want the info readily available (as I read in some other thread), they surely don't want projected final ratings out there for people to see.
right ... which is why I never use the built in tools and instead use an external spreadsheet :)
11/21/2016 11:32 AM

I agree as well. I have an excel sheet I paste everything in, and now instead of being able to copy and paste the whole thing, I have to copy and paste sections.
11/22/2016 12:21 AM
Posted by chapelhillne on 11/22/2016 12:21:00 AM (view original):

I agree as well. I have an excel sheet I paste everything in, and now instead of being able to copy and paste the whole thing, I have to copy and paste sections.
Just make the sheet copy it from current order and shift it to the order you like in another location.

The reason for the change, like it or hate it, is to allow the groupings in level 1 recruiting. I ignore level 1 and look at guys I get to level 2,3,and 4. But, I bet there is some way to analyze level one receuits where it makes sense and gives the person doing it some advantage. If there is, I haven't figured it out yet.. But maybe someone has.

11/22/2016 6:12 AM
"Recruit Compare" Tool Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.