Somewhat new owner perspective Topic

"You're also right that everyone aspires to be at one of the big schools..."

Untrue. People might want to be at their local school, their alma mater, their folks' alma mater ... anything. Anything.
11/20/2016 9:19 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 11/20/2016 8:53:00 PM (view original):
"I will add that my biggest gripe with the update is the imbalance at D3 and how horrible it will be for new coaches."

Is that the imbalance that existed in 2.0 or the imbalance you fear might happen in 3.0 because new coaches are so stupid now compared to before?
Nice edit.
11/20/2016 9:44 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by CoachSpud on 11/20/2016 9:51:00 PM (view original):
Which is it?
Why?
11/20/2016 9:56 PM
He's referring to the imbalance that will be present in DIII as of HD3.0. When I was brand new to the game, I built my way into a sweet 16 team within 4 seasons at DIII in Oregon and that was with a busted 1st recruiting class. This was before HD2.0. This whole myth of not being able to compete with guys who are entrenched is bogus.

What they have now is new guys who come into the 2nd cycle, not knowing how to even play the game. 1st class is probably a bust, all while playing schools actively recruiting DI players. The people who were powerhouses are going to increase the gap that much more.
11/21/2016 2:46 AM
Posted by CoachSpud on 11/21/2016 1:34:00 AM (view original):
C'mon, you shot off your mouth, it's your "biggest gripe." Defend your statement or it's just an empty attempt to discredit HD. We have too much of that on these boards already.
Oh so when you posted your wiseguy rhetorical question (which you edited to add more snark and italicize a word because that means... something) you actually wanted to hear my answer?

You have your mind made up and have already disagreed with my response before I've even said it. I'll have adult conversations with other people who actually want to have a discussion.

And not sure how stating my opinion is "shooting my mouth off". But okay.
11/21/2016 6:49 AM
And yes, my objective here is to discredit HD. You got me, I'm busted. I was trying to make it seem like I supported 3.0 this entire time but my true intentions were to see it crash and burn.

That's why I spent hours helping Chapel with the guide. That's why my name is on the mentor list and I've already helped several people who have reached out to me. That's why I posted a link to the guide on every single D3 conference chat in Allen at the beginning of the season. That's why I've site mailed the new coaches in my conferences offering help. I did all this to trick you guys.

And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for that rotten Spud!
11/21/2016 6:53 AM
Posted by poncho0091 on 11/20/2016 6:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/19/2016 6:50:00 AM (view original):
Posted by poncho0091 on 11/19/2016 3:44:00 AM (view original):
Here are a few key thoughts that could have easily fixed the old game.

As far as DI goes, improve firing logic, remove carryover, remove conference cash, and remove baseline prestige. I know everyone wants to be Duke or UNC, but there is only one of each and it makes it hard to truly build a dynasty at a lower tier school when the prestige will never match those higher tier schools. This by itself is a significant reason why DII and DIII have always been better. I could take over the worst team in the game at DII and with success eventually match the prestige of the best teams and battle with them for recruits. If the prestige was more of a dynamically built in thing where only a certain number of seasons factored in with the most recent meaning more, it would be easy to build a competitor and keep coaches happy at all levels.

Mike this one is for you, but it's been mentioned to you in another thread that there were simple fixes for a lot of issues. Your response was that they can't listen to all, or even should not listen to the consumer. The problem here, is that there were a lot of coaches asking them to fix firing logic where a coach could have poor performance at a top tier school and still stay. This was just as much of an issue of coaches locking up the top tier schools. One of the issues here is many of you are so focused on DI that you don't care how the rest of the game gets affected. Like another poster said, are you here for the elite school with the name, or just here to build the dynasty? If it's the name, then the 4 suggestions above would have done a lot to help. If you just want to enjoy building a dynasty, you don't have to play in a broken division. I love DII and DIII and hate the fact that every recruit at every division is available now and I was/am one of the teams near the top of the divisions (or at the very least respectable). I would much rather see them cap it and remove drop downs and pull downs.

Some of you guys sound like you just want recruits handed to you, before you've built a program up. Others sound bitter, because they couldn't just show up in the game and just jump to Duke or UNC. This is going to tie back into prestige as well, but at the lower levels, there were built in advantages for schools that were on top. If I take over a new school, I usually could not compete right away, because the higher schools could get drop downs and pull downs that I could not. In time though, with solid recruiting, I could also build a top program and compete.
I may have mentioned this before but, if not, here you go:

EA Sports had a NCAA football game. Due to a lawsuit from Ed O'Bannon, they stopped producing it. The NCAA would not give rights to school names, logos, etc, etc to avoid future lawsuits. Now, EA Sports still had the engine. The game could have been produced and teams could have been Miss1, Miss2 and Miss3 for the MS schools. Generic uniforms, stadiums, etc, etc. EA Sports chose not to take this route. Why? Because much of the allure was taking Texas State and eventually beating Alabama for the championship. Or simply taking your favorite school and doing the same.

You can't ignore the fact that some of the allure of HD is taking a school you've heard of rather than some backwater DIII. That may not be everyone's goal but I imagine it is for many.
This is extremely frustrating, because NCAA is a game that I think could have found a way to maintain the licenses if all they did was randomize player attributes, looks, numbers, etc. Again, super simple fix, and while I do think there would have been some drop off in the customers, it would not have been a huge drop off. The loss of the licensing for schools and such would have been a hard one to win over though. I still play NCAA today and kept my 360 for thar reason alone simply because Madden isn't as good of a game as it used to be, but honestly when we play NCAA, we don't even use the real teams. We have created teams, because it's more fun.

Now back on point. I think you've kind of made the point right there for many. Texas State is no one. Might as well be a DIII school, based on how many people really know anything about Texas State. So why not remove baseline prestige and allow a school like Texas State to compete with a Kentucky. Yes the build up in prestige will take more time and effort, but there should not be a ceiling that restricts them from being equal.

You're right that DI was broken, but a new recruiting system does not fix the issue. It just makes it not fun to be at a top school. You're also right that everyone aspires to be at one of the big schools, but those who typically stay in the game are those who end up enjoying the team they have built up. That's what makes DII and DIII fun, you're not restricted by a ceiling, so you can build up any program into a contender. Not as much the case at DI.
I don't think the Dukes of this game will be vacated long so I'm not sure this holds true for all: "It just makes it not fun to be at a top school"
11/21/2016 8:59 AM
Posted by CoachSpud on 11/21/2016 12:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 11/21/2016 6:53:00 AM (view original):
And yes, my objective here is to discredit HD. You got me, I'm busted. I was trying to make it seem like I supported 3.0 this entire time but my true intentions were to see it crash and burn.

That's why I spent hours helping Chapel with the guide. That's why my name is on the mentor list and I've already helped several people who have reached out to me. That's why I posted a link to the guide on every single D3 conference chat in Allen at the beginning of the season. That's why I've site mailed the new coaches in my conferences offering help. I did all this to trick you guys.

And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for that rotten Spud!
LOL. Medic! Medic!!! Over here, quick ... elbow injury from patting himself on the back.

If all you did was the useful stuff, which I agree is useful ... fine. Now stop trolling me and we'll have no problem. Fair enough?
Ummmm pretty sure I wasn't even talking to you when you butted in with your smart guy comment. So how about you don't quote what I say and I won't respond? Seems simple doesn't it.

The fact that you think ANYONE is trolling you is hilarious. YOU are the troll. You are insufferable and everyone on here hates you.
11/21/2016 12:33 PM
at least Benis DID useful stuff.

That's more than your lame troll azz has ever done for this site. Go away Spudhole to some place where people might like you.
11/21/2016 2:31 PM (edited)
That's not true Mully. Remember when Spud created the Red Light name and whined about it for 2 months? That was something!
11/21/2016 2:26 PM
Oh wait. You said useful. Nevermind.
11/21/2016 2:26 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7
Somewhat new owner perspective Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.