For Spud, D1 facts Topic

After losing two battles, random dice, i positioned myself to get two players to avoid walk-on penalty... Tell me what do you think of my players once they reach their D1 full potential, which means they are bench warmers for now maybe forever bench warmers unless I can get Clemson to play D2.

player 1 : 55 ath, 75 spd, 65 def, 63 lp, 76 per, 87bh, 80 pas, b- ft

player 2: 65 ath, 48 spd, 94 reb, 78 def, 94 blk, 58 lp, 69 per, 49 bh, 59 pas.

I hope for a nt run in D2 in four years since random negated my chances to improve in the last two recruting session. How to plan against the dice Spud?
11/18/2016 7:06 PM
What walk-on penalty? Are you saying to avoid the sim signing players to get you to 9?
11/18/2016 7:11 PM
No, at 3 walk-ons, one does not give you $$$$
11/18/2016 7:17 PM
Leaving aside the walk-on question, because I've never taken more than one walk-on in a year, if you project those players as nothing more than backups, why not target jucos instead, and get the resources back faster?
11/18/2016 7:29 PM
The problem is the AC is going to fill any spots when you have more than 3 openings remaining and they are marked as being signed by YOU (and not by the SIM) thus if you decide to cut them you get ZERO resources during the 2nd recruiting cycle. Although the fact that they're signed, it might as well be a TWO season penalty at that point.

Season 1 = stuck with some random scrub signed by AC.
End of Season 1 = still stuck with random scrub cause you can't cut him yet.
Go through 1st recruiting period with random scrub still on your roster.
Start of 2nd recruiting period after the end of season 1 = Can cut random scrub but since YOU signed him, you get zippo.

In the end, you get a replacement player that can play on your roster starting in Season 3 (2 seasons after he was signed) or if you can be real lucky, you can somehow stretch and find a replacement player somehow without any additional $$$ for the spot.
11/18/2016 7:47 PM (edited)
This is why instances where a team is decimated by EEs are doubly screwed. In a situation where you are 1 + 5 (i.e. 1 opening with 5 EEs), you somehow have to open up 6 openings with 40 AP, all while battling and trying to fill a single opening. If those 5 EEs kick in and you somehow can't fill in at least 3 of the spots, you end up with 3 walk ons (which thankfully only last 1 season) and up to 3 other scrubs which you can't replace for TWO seasons.
11/18/2016 7:54 PM (edited)
Posted by zorzii on 11/18/2016 7:06:00 PM (view original):
After losing two battles, random dice, i positioned myself to get two players to avoid walk-on penalty... Tell me what do you think of my players once they reach their D1 full potential, which means they are bench warmers for now maybe forever bench warmers unless I can get Clemson to play D2.

I hope for a nt run in D2 in four years since random negated my chances to improve in the last two recruting session. How to plan against the dice Spud?
Simple, put more effort into recruting that's how you beat the odds.
11/18/2016 7:51 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 11/18/2016 7:51:00 PM (view original):

Oh, is that all? OP, did you think of that?
11/18/2016 8:23 PM
Posted by pallas on 11/18/2016 8:23:00 PM (view original):

Oh, is that all? OP, did you think of that?
Yes I think of that myself as I do collect recruting data and have been in the beta. I think its figured like the equations for double teaming and how "double teaming" can influence one shot not to go in.
11/18/2016 8:34 PM

Sweet advice! You should start a YouTube channel giving n00bs HD advice.
11/18/2016 8:50 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 11/18/2016 8:50:00 PM (view original):

Sweet advice! You should start a YouTube channel giving n00bs HD advice.
That could be a idea for the future.
11/18/2016 8:58 PM
I saw the title of the thread and thought there might be a conversation here. I read "After losing two battles, random dice..." and stopped. I do not believe a conversation is possible with someone whose level of understanding of HD3.0 is "random dice." This has been discussed so often in the forums that there is no longer any excuse for not understanding the game better than that. Maybe you can discuss it with kc.
11/18/2016 9:43 PM
Ping pong balls not dice.
11/19/2016 12:18 AM
Holy ****. You cannot be that bat **** stupid, spud. No one can honestly believe EEs are not the largest problem in 3.0. I have never played D1 nor will I (until this gets fixed) and still understand the massive problems EEs cause.

There is no real life situation that resembles this **** poor excuse of an update (EEs) and there is no legitimate argument as to why teams with EEs don't get some sort of compensation. They're not asking for special treatment, just to have the same distribution of resources for players leaving.

WIS (seble) ****** this up, simply put, and they now refuse to put any effort into this post update.

This update was to create more battles and even the playing field. If you had EEs declare early; Clemson (1 sr, 3 EEs) and Milwaukee (4 srs) are both very high on a recruit and he chooses Milwaukee it isn't a big deal because Clemson has the resources to prepare for a backup. If Clemson doesn't get those resources he has to put everything into that one recruit just to get to Very High and Milwaukee with 4x the effort ability beats him out. Now he is out of options and all of the other recruits have had a bunch of effort put into them. Now he needs to fill 4 spots and there are no worthy D-1 players, Not NC caliber, backup D-1 caliber, even available.

You cannot allocate 40 AP to 4 separate solid recruits and expect to battle. You cannot have backup plans. It is impossible to make up the difference.

THEY EVENED THE PLAYING FIELD. Reduction in prestige difference, evening out cash (conference earnings gone) and preferences have all evened the playing field much more and given smaller schools the ability to battle. EEs make it as unbalanced as it was before. It's a joke (IMO) that any successful coach could imagine otherwise.

"A" prestige teams should not be handed whomever they want to recruit, but they should have a fair shot to battle for them.

I have yet to hear 1, I'll repeat 1, legitimate argument or reason this doesn't need to be addressed.

......and I know spud won't have any, but he'll be glad to say I'm trolling him.
11/19/2016 1:46 AM (edited)
The fix with EE's should be simple and easy to deal with: Have them declare prior to recruiting period and treat them like seniors. Don't need to make complex programming adjustments and it's unfair to no one.
We are an EE fix, job logic fix and a recruiting tweak or two away from this game being really good. Not perfect and not satisfying every voice 100 per cent but really good. And if we want lots of people to play, really good is a really good idea.
11/19/2016 7:35 AM
12 Next ▸
For Spud, D1 facts Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.