Unpleasant Email from AD Topic

"Disappointing season" in subject line from AD. My job security went from very secure to secure. Can anyone tell me how this happened?! It's my second season and we went 11-3! 44th in WIS. before that we were 8-6! Before I was there they were 3-10. How the heck is that a disappointing season!
11/21/2016 4:22 AM
It aint in my opinion. It's excellent progress.
11/21/2016 4:25 AM
Not saying I agree with this, I think that the requirements are unrealistic for job security below elite level most of the time. Rank 44 off an SOS of 108 at Div 1A is not what they are looking for, your first season you bettered what the team did in the previous season which held your job security, more is needed after that. Scheduling SIM AI's in a weak division will not help, you need to play and hopefully beat some human teams to increase SOS, even losing to good teams helps. I would say you need to review how you set up your non conference games and carry on improving your players as you are.
11/21/2016 5:08 AM
I honestly don't know why either Alek, I was always under the impression at DIA, especially at a mid major, as long as you were improving the team then job security stayed. BCS schools have a lvl 3 bowl level requirement after the first season or two but mid majors, I thought, it was just make a bowl. With you having done that, won this last one and improved in both seasons that is weird. Did you try a ticket?
11/21/2016 9:21 AM
Posted by hookemhorns7 on 11/21/2016 9:21:00 AM (view original):
I honestly don't know why either Alek, I was always under the impression at DIA, especially at a mid major, as long as you were improving the team then job security stayed. BCS schools have a lvl 3 bowl level requirement after the first season or two but mid majors, I thought, it was just make a bowl. With you having done that, won this last one and improved in both seasons that is weird. Did you try a ticket?
I agree with hookem. This seems very unreasonable for a mid major school.
11/21/2016 9:31 AM
I submitted a ticket. Nowhere in the rules does it explain to me about this. Very unfair because I'm trying to move to a P5 school.
11/21/2016 11:28 AM
Posted by AlekTx2015 on 11/21/2016 11:28:00 AM (view original):
I submitted a ticket. Nowhere in the rules does it explain to me about this. Very unfair because I'm trying to move to a P5 school.
Ticket won't do anything but I'm sure they will tell you it has to do with WIS and SIM AI. Wins mean absolutely nothing. You could have 8 wins with a strong SOS and then get in a bowl game and it will always be better then playing a weak schedule.
11/21/2016 12:39 PM
Alek - I see your non-conference schedule next year is all SimA1's. I agree with others; you'll have to beat some humans to keep the job.
11/23/2016 1:19 PM
your wins in your first season were 8-6 which was an increase of 5 so you stayed at very secure. This season you went 11-3 which was another improvement, the reason you dropped to secure was because you did not reach a bowl on the last 3 days of bowl season. Its happened to me in the past and that was the explanation as to why the drop. I agree that its a bit harsh especially for teams that are complete rebuilds. Get to a bowl this upcoming season in the last 3 days and you will probably go back to very secure.
11/24/2016 12:26 PM
Your security should never have gone down at all W/what you are doing with your team.Put a ticket in and you may get an answer by Christmas. If you are lucky.
11/24/2016 9:23 PM
by "the last 3 days" you mean the higher echelon bowls?
11/24/2016 11:11 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 11/24/2016 11:11:00 PM (view original):
Yes, a level 3, 4, or 5 bowl.
11/24/2016 11:17 PM
Posted by bjschumacher on 11/24/2016 11:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bagchucker on 11/24/2016 11:11:00 PM (view original):
Yes, a level 3, 4, or 5 bowl.
Bj is a God dam saint.
11/25/2016 12:43 AM
Just keep winning, you'll be fine.
12/3/2016 10:55 PM
I'm not sure why your status dropped here, but it doesn't have anything to do with the school history. It only looks at what you have done, not where the team was before you got there.

The one exception to this is your first season with a school. If you win less games than the year before you get there you will drop automatically. Your first year could go 14-1 and win championship but if previous year was 15-0 you will drop.

You don't need to worry about getting fired from a mid-major. And I suspect if you gave the same season again this year, you will go back up.
12/4/2016 9:56 AM
12 Next ▸
Unpleasant Email from AD Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.